Team next week.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at the shuffling of positions in reserves with rajab shifted to fullback and Hayward to hooker appears they aren’t currently rated highly as halves.
Sad reality no one is standing out to take Flanagans spot with KO most likely but still very raw.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that a sign for post round 10?
Id rather see Averillo back at FB and one of Burns/Skelton/Casey at centre

Actually, I would prefer Burton goes to his true position at centre and allows both Rajab and KO in the halves. It would make better long term sense even though it will likely kill off our season

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reality is our recruitment in recent years has been woeful and we are paying the price. We have focused on paying big money for centres, wingers and forwards and spent nothing on the spine with the exception of Mahoney this year and Flanagan who has been a letdown from day one and still haven’t rectified the issue three years on.
We have tried unsuccessfully to turn centres into fullbacks eg Allan, Ava, Perham etc. Could also offer tried to turn a centre into a 5/8.
Painfully obvious we will tread water until the spine has an injection of talent.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about the team that we can’t select for next wk due to injuries: (a couple may be available pending further assessment)
1. Avo (Knee)
2. JAC (leg)
3. Burns (knee)
4. Davey (Hand)
5. Kiraz (Knee)
7. Flanagan (weak gutted dog)
8. Thommo (foot)
9. BBO (Knee)
10. Pele (Broken Arm)
11. Kikau (Torn Pec)
12. Patolo (Knee)
13. Nu Brown (Elbow)
You forgot to add the number 7 so I've added I for you.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Perham
2. Wilson
3. Skelton
4. Alamoti
5. Casey
6. Burton
7. Oloapu
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. TPJ
11. Davey
12. Preston
13. RFM

14. Waddell
15. Sutton
16. Okunbor
17. Hughes
This would be my dream to see this team take the field, we'd would be a chance. against the sharks, Indefinitely rate OK, Skelton, Wilson (I wish Gus could get an extension for Wilson to be in the top 30) these guys would add a ton of speed and energy to our attack I wouldn't mind even squeezing. Rajab in there somewhere Great Choice Mr Ditkovich

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel Okunbor is better suited to the bench but the fact he mentioned Topine should be on the bench as backs cover implies that Okunbor will keep a wing spot. He mentioned Casey was 18th man and Burns didn’t pull up right for this week when talking about next man up so I feel we won’t see Skelton next week.
If he puts Okunbor ahead Skelton again next week CC can go and get well and truly Fucked

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
No time like the present. The season is gone, so why not blood some young players and give them the experience?

I say this every bloody year, but the coaches just keep doing the same old stuff hoping for a different result. We can't do any worse.
We have been here before, there is time left, both rep wingers up da shit so use our strengths, quick zip hooker and 5/8, good centres and a coach who can get full of beans back.
King and Preston are showing the way punching above their weight.
Keep it simple, set completion and last tackle kick

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perham needs to go !
This is the biggest dud decision of Ciro stint thus far.

Based on what Averillo showed last year (6 tries in 4 games from the back - until he got covid) he should have been the incumbent in the 1 to start the season.

calebhasrouni

New Pup
Reaction score
and it's not like we have an easy draw when we start getting players back from round 14 we got the roosters, parramatta, sharks, rabbits, broncos, panthers all in back to back games with a bye inbetween

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think CC is overall doing an amazing job all things considered, however I really cant understand his decision to not keep Okunbor on the bench to cover backs and forwards if needed.

I also can’t understand why if you have a half (Reynolds) taking a spot on the bench you would not push Burto into the centers and bring Reynolds into 5/8 spot. If Reynolds is not capable of doing that, then we may as well carry another utility on the bench that can.

In terms of next week, I really hope we don’t bring Burns into the backs with an injury niggle (who is not that good anyway) or keep Averillo in the team unless he is fully fit.

Surely giving the opportunity to a fully fit Casey, Skelton or Wilson would make more sense and also help build on our team depth experience for next year.

Perhaps there are valid reasons such as using players with first grade experience, but if they go down we are completely screwed.. especially in the backline.

Last edited:

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Injuries aside ciraldo will stick with the same squad and next man up will be usual suspects such as burns, Casey etc. He obviously has his favourites and is very conservative with his selections.
Same old names equals same old result.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
How about the team that we can’t select for next wk due to injuries: (a couple may be available pending further assessment)
1. Avo (Knee)
2. JAC (leg)
3. Burns (knee)
4. Davey (Hand)
5. Kiraz (Knee)
8. Thommo (foot)
9. BBO (Knee)
10. Pele (Broken Arm)
11. Kikau (Torn Pec)
12. Patolo (Knee)
13. Nu Brown (Elbow)
BBO is a halfback mate would of started at 7 this year if not for that ACL and would of performed well in place of that useless ****

cuzza

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Avo (if not injured)
2. Skelton
3. Burton
4. Altomi
5. Perham/Wilson
6. Reynolds
7. KO

Probably need to run with same forwards as today, Hughes maybe off bench.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Doesn’t really matter what we trot out next week, the sharks big forwards like Hamlin-uele and hunt will decimate us through the middle, ramien/nikora and talakai/Wilton will cut us to shreds on the edges and mulitalo and katoa will have field days on the wings.

Kennedy/Moylan/Hynes/brailey are all miles better than our spine at the moment.

Massive loss for the third week in a row coming up. This could be the worst one of the lot.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. BLAKE WILSON
2. HAYZE PERHAM
3. PAUL ALAMOTI
4. DECLAN CASEY
5. JERAL SKELTON
6. MATT BURTON
7. KARL OLOAPU
8. MAX KING
9. REED MAHONEY
10. TEVITA PANGAI JUNIOR
11. JACOB PRESTON
12. RAYMOND FAITALA-MARINER
13. KURTIS MORRIN

14. KHALED RAJAB
15. JACKSON TOPINE
16. RYAN SUTTON
17. SAMUEL HUGHES
Don’t totally agree with all your picks but I have to say that your team is really heading in the right direction. I could live with that, given injuries we have. Go for it!!!