Official Team List Round 22 v Warriors + Match Discussion

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
RFM shouldn't be a walk in starter. Our forward pack is dusted, washed etc any other expressions you can think of.

RFM is a solid bench impact, we aren't serious threat in the comp if we have the likes of RFM, Waddell, Jackson as starters.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
RFM shouldn't be a walk in starter. Our forward pack is dusted, washed etc any other expressions you can think of.

RFM is a solid bench impact, we aren't serious threat in the comp if we have the likes of RFM, Waddell, Jackson as starters.
RFM proved today he is NOT a 2nd rower

Hes only a bench prop. Do not put him on the edge with those hands

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
True, we played parramatta into form by kicking their ass. Didn’t exactly play Newcastle, the tigers or titans into form though. We competed with the sharks and cowboys for much of our matches against them and gave souths an almighty scare.

People need to chill out. We had a 5 day turnaround, travelling from North Queensland to New Zealand, had flight issues and barely had a training run. This was always going to be a huge danger game for us.

Blame the administrator who decided it would be a good idea to play in Bundaberg 5 days before a very winnable game in NZ.
Add to it a tired display, and stupid mistakes and penalties from the Dogs. Warriors had the ball in our half the entire second half, and enjoyed multiple repeat sets.

Home game in NZ - Warriors were fired up for a win, and everything went their way. It was never going to be our night.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Way too many BS excuses....let me guess, should give Flap-again 15yrs before I write him off too. Other players have had Covid and are just fine.
It affects everybody differently. And other players didn’t have to travel from Bundaberg to NZ to play 2 games in 5 days. Call it baking excuses if you like, but it’s just basic common sense. Avo showed a lot of potential pre-covid.

And Flano has been fine recently. Might not be the answer long term, but he’s been far from bad.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah but you lot always give up on players way too early. Classic fuckin’ kennel.

Many people have lingering effects of COVID which last for weeks…. Including fatigue and brain fog. Avo had to play in the Bundaberg heat last Sunday, then fly yo New Zealand on a short turnaround. Looked the part you mean before he got sick,

Try using your head before writing players off.
I agree.
I'm not willing to stick the boot in.
It looked clear to me our problems were in the 50-74th mins of the game while scores were locked at 18 all or we were down by 6.
We just didn't look like getting ourselves into their 20m zone or look like scoring.

That's where the problem lies, not the last 6mins where we simply gave up after SJ try wrapped up the game.

The strategy and game management was severely lacking as was on field leadership.

There's no point lifting when 12 points down with 4mins left when you should have lifted at 6 points down and 20min left

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great, don’t have to go through anymore pain again this year. Kayo subscription cancelled.

I know all teams have to play home games away but why would the Bulldogs choose their home game be played in Bundaberg and then only have a 5 day turn around to play in Auckland!

They only had the one captains run and arrived in Auckland at 1:00am Tuesday morning!

They played like a tired team and now is the time to bring in new blood for the rest of the season as it is effectively over.

Maybe start with ZDC at hooker and bring JMK on from the bench as he won’t be with us next year.

Get Vaughn on BBQ duties for Mad Monday. Bring back Luke Thompson for our remaining games.

Very disappointing end to what was a very poor start to the season but turned our form around once Potter came in as coach.

Hopefully we can improve further in season ‘23.
I don't want to read all the positive posts about how 2023 is going to be the year of the Dog, until we go out and bloody well prove it.

Is there a "sack Potter" thread yet?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Add to it a tired display, and stupid mistakes and penalties from the Dogs. Warriors had the ball in our half the entire second half, and enjoyed multiple repeat sets.

Home game in NZ - Warriors were fired up for a win, and everything went their way. It was never going to be our night.
Thst no advantage call pissed me off. If you pick up the bell from sn error, run over 10 metres, carry the ball over the tryline then get taken out of play that’s an advantage, any day of the week.