Official Team List Round 16 v Sharks + Match Discussion

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I know not a game spreading the ball..but JA should have done some more hit ups..

Dogs Rule

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Shit conditions yet they held their own against a top side and short players good effort. Burton tho was a fall from grace might have been nursing an injury or something but he played poorly
I will be honest when I went to origin over here in Perth, I was keeping an eye on Burton. Around mid way through the second half appeared to have a shoulder issue... Whether or not that is the case or not.... But seemed it, trainer was with him for a bit

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We played one of the better defensive teams in conditions which were abysmal. A young side like this is always going to have days when they just don’t get it right.

Burton is not a centre. He played all his juniors and reserve grade footy as a half and did it with rave reviews.

People need to calm down a bit. It’s not the end of the world. We’ve still seen more from this team in a little over a month than we did in 1.5 years with Trent at the helm.

We are headed in the right direction, but it’s gonna take time.
Better defensive teams yeah I guess. But there wingers are prone to missing tackles, especially Katoa and we only challenged him twice. Was ear we had no idea or game plan.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t really think sharks were that much better in the wet.. they made a ton of errors but they took a few chances and it worked out.. simple

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All due respect to Casey and hope he's OK, but what about this for a laugh... Gets -4 fantasy points!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes you can, all his bombs were ordinary, no torp or any sign of spin, all shit up and unders.

We had to play for errors and his head wasn't in the game at all. All origin coaches want their players to go back to club footy and play well, Burton was just going through the motions.
He was never going to kick the MOABs in these conditions. Same thing happened in a game we played in the wet early in the season, too risky, if you don't kick those things just right they go out on the full.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No Thompson, ava or patalo
Rfm drops the ball over the line
Corey Allan makes a massive difference from declan and potentially stops 2 of their tries
A no try which needed a bit of luck for us
Klein being a fuckwit and not calling multiple offsides, hence eventual sin bin when we were camped on their line end of 1st half
Wade Graham had 2 infringements back to back which should have been sin bin but Klein doesn't even call 1st infringement

We could have won that game. It wasn't the shit served up under barret

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was happy with Jake at the back today. Thought he played well in wet conditions. Looked hungry for the win. JMK very solid. Good show of character from him to try his guts out for 80 when he is going next year. Eve the Flang went ok. Overall the sharks class was going to show late in the game.

Waldo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I will be honest when I went to origin over here in Perth, I was keeping an eye on Burton. Around mid way through the second half appeared to have a shoulder issue... Whether or not that is the case or not.... But seemed it, trainer was with him for a bit
He was grabbing at thin air all game so something must be up and he didn’t want to get hit and hurried every kick too

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He was never going to kick the MOABs in these conditions. Same thing happened in a game we played in the wet early in the season, too risky, if you don't kick those things just right they go out on the full.
Gotta try, Cronulla chanced their hand with open expansive play to their wingers to score in wet conditions. We played conservatively without any clear direction from our spine ... With all the errors Sharks were making, I was surprised we didn't try be a little risky or expansive when given the chance.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yes you can, all his bombs were ordinary, no torp or any sign of spin, all shit up and unders.

We had to play for errors and his head wasn't in the game at all. All origin coaches want their players to go back to club footy and play well, Burton was just going through the motions.
Lol

Well it is a team sport and largely he's carrying the whole team so, sometimes you have off days?

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
limited interchange, no coach, playing in knee deep water and average middle forwards. pair that with declan casey who’s arguably worse than okunbor and it’s no wonder we lost. agree burton was average but how can you put a bomb up with water logged boots? we tried hard and kept the score line respectable. in the dry i think we go a lot better but it is what it is