Team Disharmony

Status
Not open for further replies.

altair

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
During the broadcast yesterday I picked up on something, I'm not sure if anyone else saw it.
I believe it was our first set of six with the ball and Kerrod holland lost the ball in a Moylan tackle.

Now usually you will see in the NRL team mates quickly come over to pat and say it's ok etc etc

When kerrod dropped it our boys collectively looked nonchalant. They were casual. There was no talk between them.

From then I knew we would get thrashed.

This might point to player disharmony. Maybe there are guys on here that know a lot more on the issue.

Either way, that's no excuse for a poor result. These guys are so called professionals and are getting paid what we would dream of being paid.

Anyway, did anyone else pick up on it that set?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
During the broadcast yesterday I picked up on something, I'm not sure if anyone else saw it.
I believe it was our first set of six with the ball and Kerrod holland lost the ball in a Moylan tackle.

Now usually you will see in the NRL team mates quickly come over to pat and say it's ok etc etc

When kerrod dropped it our boys collectively looked nonchalant. They were casual. There was no talk between them.

This might point to player disharmony. Maybe there are guys on here that know a lot more on the issue.

Either way, that's no excuse for a poor result. These guys are so called professionals and are getting paid what we would dream of being paid.

I didn't see the whole game. Only got home in time for most of the second half, when the score was 14-0 and enough time to win if we tried. What I did see was the look of total disgust and exhaustion on Jackson's face when Frawley slipped him a forward pass on the first play near the Panthers line. That look told me that Jacko had just about given up on his teamates doing their bit after he had slogged his heart out; and we were not going to get back into the game.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't see the whole game. Only got home in time for most of the second half, when the score was 14-0 and enough time to win if we tried. What I did see was the look of total disgust and exhaustion on Jackson's face when Frawley slipped him a forward pass on the first play near the Panthers line. That look told me that Jacko had just about given up on his teamates doing their bit after he had slogged his heart out; and we were not going to get back into the game.
yes ... if looks could kill.. and I don't blame him, always first to put his body on the line...

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say when B-Moz is not playing, Holland and Montoya combo are the weakest in the NRL. Montoya at least looks like he has the potential, but name me a weaker wing combo?

To your point though, it says to me the energy Reynolds brings to this team is severely undervalued.

Reactions: DT

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There is to coin a phrase "Something rotten in Denmark." It seems that every second day we have a story about this player or that player wanting out or being shopped around then denied by the club just as quickly. Klemmer, being the most recent ,saying that yes, there are a few things being discussed but a release is not one of them ;he is happy, he loves the club and he wants to stay, complete opposite to the vague phrased comments of media publications who use the words "We are led to believe and it appears"NRL website ran an article today on this.

Now we really don't know if any of these media rumours actually have legs, we hear so much rubbish being spouted by them to sell their product, however surely it can not only be the crappy tactics and the poor execution of those tactics that is the problem.Hard to put a finger on it but could it be player discontent with the coach?We get denials of this every second day with players saying they love the bloke and it is great to work under him, so just who and what do we believe?

Seems to be very little pride and passion in the jumper these days and it is translating off field too with the fans. Comments flying thick and fast on all social media outlets with disgruntled fans really having quite strong opinions ( more so than usual) about the way this season is unfolding.Talk to anyone you meet a a game , even those you know who have been supporting the club strongly for up to fifty years and you will hear the comments pointing to a problem somewhere in Belmore. Crowd figures are a reflection of this too. We had a reason not to attend yesterday but would have gone if not for it, but still to see all those empty seats and a lack of enthusiasm; it is as if we are beaten before we kick off.

Posters here on the kennel had already stated before a ball was kicked, that this season would be a write off and with half of it now gone and only five from 13 wins on the board it appears that they were spot on. Four points outside the top eight with no real reason to be confident that we can claw them back. For and against has been terrible for years now but only two others are worse and they not surprisingly are the Tigers and the Knights. We can't seem to score points with the ease and confidence that we did years a=go but perhaps that is also due to the fact that other clubs have improved and gone forwards when we have not.

Maybe frustration has finally got the better of them and they are not wanting to put in as they feel they are a lost cause themselves. whatever it is it needs to be addressed and fixed in whatever way is necessary.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say when B-Moz is not playing, Holland and Montoya combo are the weakest in the NRL. Montoya at least looks like he has the potential, but name me a weaker wing combo?

To your point though, it says to me the energy Reynolds brings to this team is severely undervalued.

Our defence on that side of the field is horrendous, more so than with previous combinations where wingers and centres playing there were lambasted for ' coming in' and for 'misreading and shirt grabbing". Statistics will more than likely show that most points are scored down that side and they are always being deliberately targeted for it. Well all I can say is; the coach needs to aim up because he is to blame here for not addressing the issue. In saying that though what do we have to put there to make it better?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

The right defence with Frawley, Lee & Holland are giving up a minimum of 3 trys per game.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The right defence with Frawley, Lee & Holland are giving up a minimum of 3 trys per game.
Frawley is not making the right decisions in defence and teams are onto it, working him over with big forwards. He isn't helped by Brenko who has no idea, and Holland - well he's just the slowest plodder I have ever seen on the end of a bulldogs backline.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

We are weak 1 to 17 and especially 6 7 and 9

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes saw that.
But the club doesn't have any depth in the player ranks.
Frawley & Garvey are not up to first grade yet.

When Jackson is back the teams attacking options should improve, hopefully.

Mybe & Frawley in the halves has proven to be a disaster.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jacko deserves more to be honest.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think it was a forward pass , just a bad one.
In any case JJ would've been shitty with himself for dropping it.
A guy with his work ethic wouldn't blame Frawley he'd look at why he crashed when the car in front had his brake lights on.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just on the first set , well it was a minute or so into the second half when I got back to watching.. I saw our boys offload on just about every tackle in the set. It was amazing , we made huge metres but then they didn't offload again the whole game. Wtf happened there?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It also looked like there was a bit of an argument between Klemmer and Lichaa just prior to the first try when a penalty was given for holding.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When you realise Panthers spine consisted of a hooker playing first game for the panthers scores a double and a rookie 1 and Moylan first club game at 6

Add the fact Mansour back from 6 months off takes off from where he left off when he last butt raped us in 2016

We are shithouse

‍♂‍♂‍♂‍♂‍♂‍♂‍♂

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
There was also an incident early in the first half when Panthers attacking in our 20mtr where Lee showed no urgency in diving on the dropped ball. Tamou ended up with it, I mean seriously this is the attitude our players have...FMD.
Yep, saw that and was screaming at the TV, Lee basically gift-wrapped the loose ball for him. Fucking atrocious attitude.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I saw jmoz look at Mbye like shit when he missed a simple one on one for the first try aswell.

Not that jmoz can look at anyone, imo I thought his greed or lack of being able to set up his winger, blew two tries.

headless

Waterboy
Reaction score

Yes. I noticed that to.

Status
Not open for further replies.