Tattoo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey_mtp

Kennel Established
Reaction score
might get my thigh(s)/leg(s) tatted or a sleeve or something next month. I know for sure i'm getting a tattoo next month in samoa.

I'll post the results when i get back.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Spotted Kenny (or atleast I think it was Kenny) @ Wicked Ink a few backs

Not sure what he was getting but I had my half sleeve extended down to a 3/4

RobDog55er

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Here's my new Bulldogs tattoo that I got today :grinning:

(flip it upside down)

C

chipandchase

I'm not totally against tatts but tell me how they look when you are 60 plus or going for a office job

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
whos gonna give a **** when your 60 you spastic?

have fun when your young i couldnt give a **** about what anyone else thinks im gonna be goin hard till mid late 20s

dogslyfe

Kennel Established
Reaction score

have fun when your young i couldnt give a **** about what anyone else thinks im gonna be goin hard till mid late 20s
so you got a good ten years left?

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
As for tattoos in the corporate world. You need to come to the understanding that it's 2012.

If you work in a high end corp company like finance etc thats wouldnt accept tats you wear a shirt and suit everyday so you can't see your tats.

If you work in the corp advertising, music, fashion industry and wear t-shirts to work everyday like me no one gives a fk because it's accepted now.

No one who works in a industry that's doesn't accept tattoos and can't cover them is stupid enough to get one wear it's visible. No job no money *****es.

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for tattoos in the corporate world. You need to come to the understanding that it's 2012.

If you work in a high end corp company like finance etc thats wouldnt accept tats you wear a shirt and suit everyday so you can't see your tats.

If you work in the corp advertising, music, fashion industry and wear t-shirts to work everyday like me no one gives a fk because it's accepted now.

No one who works in a industry that's doesn't accept tattoos and can't cover them is stupid enough to get one wear it's visible. No job no money *****es.
Nice needle work, there's lots of ex military guys in my job with forearm tats and are still compliant under commissioners orders so yes times have changed

C

chipandchase

Spastic? Settle down stupid
I couldn't think of anything worse, imagine walking around with saggy tatts
In a tasteful manner yes

But I just don't get the sleave tatts I reckon they look stupid and unfortunately you are type cast

I own my own business and I wouldn't employ anyone with a sleeve tat

No reason for the insults that's just my view it doesn't mean it is right

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spastic? Settle down stupid
I couldn't think of anything worse, imagine walking around with saggy tatts
In a tasteful manner yes

But I just don't get the sleave tatts I reckon they look stupid and unfortunately you are type cast

I own my own business and I wouldn't employ anyone with a sleeve tat

No reason for the insults that's just my view it doesn't mean it is right
give yourself an uppercut

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's just the usual idiots, I think its downright bullsh*t that companys wont employ someone just cause of a tattoo, it doesnt make you any less of a worker or nothing, i can understand people being against degrading tattoos, but normal tattoos who gives a f*ck, im getting a full sleeve, and be f*cked if people dont like it, as the old saying go's " A Person With A Tattoo, Doesnt Judge A Person Without", yet everyone judges someone who does have one and calls them scum or druggies or trash. dont like em keep ur mouth shut.

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
It's not that hard, don't roll your sleeves up at work and stay away from white shirts as they can be a bit see through.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well in the sunday telegraph, there is an article saying that the police are gonna ban people joining the force if they have tattoos. How isnt that prejudice against people who have tattoos? What are they gonna do next?, stop a doctor who performs life saving surgery everyday from saving lifes cause he/she has a visible tattoo? Who cares! it doesnt make someone any less of a person or worker or whatever. Its just the usual prejudice people.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
COPS BAN TATTOOS Exclusive: Police move on 'bad' look.
NSW Police are to be banned from sporting visible tattoos.
Serving officers already bearing prominent body art may be forced to cover up and wannabe recruits fronting at the Police Academy with visible tattoos will be turned away.
The Sunday Telegraph can reveal that a draft policy, being prepared for Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione, is in the final stages of approval.
"This is about professionalsm, It's about proper discipline and how you carry yourself in public," Assistant Commissioner Michael Corboy told the Sunday Telegraph. "Does the community want someone knocking on their door with a Mike Tyson tattoo on their face or next? I dont think so". "As an organisation we need to discuss whether what people place on their arms or bodys is a reflection on the NSW Police Force."
Mr Corby said his personal view was that anyone with a tattoo on their face or neck should not be allowed to become a police officer.
" We have to send a clear message to those joining that these are our expectations," My Corby said. "As for how we recruit, my position on facial tattoos is fairly solid, but the debate about letting people in with full-sleeve or arm tattoos is a debate we need to have."
His view have been echoed by Mr Carey, the head of the force's Professional Standards Command, who said he was managing two complaints about officers said to sport offensive tattoos. " One is a very recent complaint into a tattoo that some people deemed offensive," Mr Carey Said.
Another investigation, he said, he was looking at an "Improper association" that formed when an officer has a tattoo work done at a parlour. "There is the issue of where (officers) get tattoos done. In one case, the tattooist has connections with a criminal organisation and we had an association form (with the officer)...(so) we deemed that improper, that investigation is under way at the moment."
Other aspects of the policy deal with specific types of tattoos, including tribal tattoos which could be seen as "Culturally insensitive", Mr Carey said."There are (also) a lot of tattoos written in another lanuage, and who knows what they say? So that's something we also need to address."
Mr Carey said his view was that officers should have only tattoos that could be covered by clothing; any other visible ink was unacceptable. "People with tattoos on limbs and torsos can be covered but moving on to the neck, head and face-my view would be we don't want that look." A simple option for them is to cover up...(but) the extreme act of having a tattoo removed is something we'd have to consider aswell. I know there is at least one chap with a tattoo on the back of his neck; there's no complaint against that. However, i am investigating (another) very recent complaint into a tattoo (on an officer) that some people did deem offensive."

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
holy crap that took forever to type lol, so people better read it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.