TACKLE FIVE – DOGS OF WAR TARGET DES

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id be happy with brooks! Questionable in D but nothing a good off season won't help to fix.... as soon as josh reynolds is gone, is when i let me son watching their games again, dunno how he kept his contract after 2013
he was an origin player, remember? :p

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watched the first half of the Warriors game last night - (first time I'd seen it);

We have no line speed in D - literally sitting back waiting for them to run to us.
The fire is not there (Take a look at Rodzilla's post of O'Mealy and the boys in 2004!) We are a lifeless shadow of the Dogs of War.
Kicking game is 'A' grade level at best - absolute joke.
Willams is lazy / disinterested to a point of taking the piss. Hiding in D and attack. How de-motivating to run on with his overpaid arse.

Lichaa is lifeless, slow / can't pass off the ground, stands up first so their D has time to run up on us.
Predictable one out running. (Fed by a slow hooker).
Klemmer playing half back passing to Mbye - silly, clumsy & slow - so by the time Mbye gets the ball the D is allover him.
Go forward is coming from Klemmer & Kasiano.
No support play.

Perret looks like he's got his game face on.
To be fair our backs look good when our forwards are our of the way - we easily scored in the first half.
But our attitude and sluggishness in D brings us back down.
14-8 halftime then we lost ;(
21-20 over Titans.
Down to a second string Parra side with no second half bench :(

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We need a half back I like JR but the dude but he doesn't have it... We need to help Mbye out by putting him in his best position (running 5/8) and get a proper 7 to play alongside him. I am hearing some positive things about that Lewis kid but don't know if he is ready.

We also need a good option at 12, someone who isn't lazy... someone who can assist Lichaa and Jackson with some tackling... Lichaa is a good player but he is being wasted in all the tackling that he does because of how lazy Trex is.

I also think we need to drop Tolman and Browne, they both don't offer anything at the moment.
6. Mbye
7. Brooks
12. RFM

Des lets the boys play what they see and not over-coach them into robots where we breakdown when his "game plan" fails.

Problem solved.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can flogg the players all you like ,that aint going to change the shitty game plan.
If a player aint up for fg drop them .try chasing kicks , try something different have a deep back line set for tbe 4th tackle throw it around. For fuck sake just do something different .
It absolutely kills me when the 5th tackle comes around and Eastwood or trex have the ball in their hand and do not (rightly) know what to do with it. You are right, just something, anything, different

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate I think Des is playing what he has...Remember at Manly where he had talent they didn't play boring footy..

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When she Rex is on the field we might as well be playing with 12
Lichaa and mbye have to continually cover his fat sorry lazy arse all the time
The sooner she Rex goes the better we play
We were right in that parra game until she bitch came on!

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
6. Mbye
7. Brooks
12. RFM

Des lets the boys play what they see and not over-coach them into robots where we breakdown when his "game plan" fails.

Problem solved.
I thought you wanted a Mbye/Chisholm combo. ;)

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It absolutely kills me when the 5th tackle comes around and Eastwood or trex have the ball in their hand and do not (rightly) know what to do with it. You are right, just something, anything, different
Spot on - doesn't seem to matter if the opponent is on the back foot or not.
Predictable Dogs chuck it to a big bloke for a settler.

So the backs are touching the ball once in a set
Followed by our dreadful kicking game.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, that's why I'm saying he isn't FG ready yet.

I would have loved to sign Cronk for 2 years so he can bring all his experience to help Mbye... But it looks like he will be staying in Melbourne. So our next best option is Brooks.
Bummer.

Lewis goes well, but still very young and built like a twig. Him and Joey Tramontana would have to anchor themselves down if a crosswind came across ANZ, or they'd blow away.

Bummer re Cronk.... loks like Tara will have to wait a few more years to have him all to herself!

What about Sowie? I know people want to punch his stupid face in, but his kicking game is superb and he talks non stop on the field.

Panthers are happy to offload him as they have Te Maire Martin coming through.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What about Sowie? I know people want to punch his stupid face in, but his kicking game is superb and he talks non stop on the field.

Panthers are happy to offload him as they have Te Maire Martin coming through.
He would be the greatest kennel scapegoat of all time lol. Offers more than reynolds though, he has one of the best kicking games in the comp. Shit it's soward, nup can't do it lol

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He would be the greatest kennel scapegoat of all time lol. Offers more than reynolds though, he has one of the best kicking games in the comp. Shit it's soward, nup can't do it lol
It be like having Miranda kerr but with a pussy full of razor blades . you know she's gunna be good but fuck it will hurt

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sometimes he'll mix it up . I hope public pressure influences him to at least give it a go
About the only mixing up he does is akin to putting different colour jelly beans in a paper bag.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know this team will never happen, but as much as we need a proper half, we also need an evasive fullback. And the more I see Mbye backing up, support play and running in the open field the more I think he has the making of a decent fullback.

He has speed, he has probably as good a passing game as any other fullback and has a kicking game (well he can sort of kick a ball) his defence will probably need lots of work and his positioning and his catching may need development (mind you the guy was a fullback coming through the juniors).

We could almost fit Mbye, Reynolds and brook (assuming we are chasing him) in the same team.

1. Mbye
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Hoppa
5. Rona
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Graham
9. Lichaa
10. Tolman
11. Jackson
12. Eastwood
13..... (Assuming trex is gone we may play kas there to get meters early on or use RFM or someone else?)

Minimal changes to the starting team but you have a dangerous 1-7 with speed and ability to score points.

We still won't have a decent goal kicker but I am living in the hope that Hasler is playing this game plan because our halves can't play what's in front of them (hoping someone like brooks with better vision and a genuine half from junior level will be more fluent)

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Would like to see if it would work.

But of course I'd pick Brooks over Chisholm.
I was messing with you man.

I agree with Chisholm, I thought he would be a gun but then I've seen a few games of his this season and he has been underwhelming to say the least.

He could be like Lane and step up big time though?

I'm definitely a Brooks fan, you can teach someone to tackle but you can't teach attacking instincts, which Brooks has, plus good talker and organiser....and he's young too.

He's my pick!

Status
Not open for further replies.