TACKLE FIVE – DOGS OF WAR TARGET DES

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know this team will never happen, but as much as we need a proper half, we also need an evasive fullback. And the more I see Mbye backing up, support play and running in the open field the more I think he has the making of a decent fullback.

He has speed, he has probably as good a passing game as any other fullback and has a kicking game (well he can sort of kick a ball) his defence will probably need lots of work and his positioning and his catching may need development (mind you the guy was a fullback coming through the juniors).

We could almost fit Mbye, Reynolds and brook (assuming we are chasing him) in the same team.

1. Mbye
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Hoppa
5. Rona
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Graham
9. Lichaa
10. Tolman
11. Jackson
12. Eastwood
13..... (Assuming trex is gone we may play kas there to get meters early on or use RFM or someone else?)

Minimal changes to the starting team but you have a dangerous 1-7 with speed and ability to score points.

We still won't have a decent goal kicker but I am living in the hope that Hasler is playing this game plan because our halves can't play what's in front of them (hoping someone like brooks with better vision and a genuine half from junior level will be more fluent)
I wanted to see him at fullback when he first came in grade

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's true we try to play around teams, but it's up to our 6 and 7 to take control and lead the way.

The forwards aren't going to sit there and help them. It's the forwards job to get us into the opposition half. It's the halves job to do something with the ball once we get up there.
Not when "PLOD" Tolman, graham, Eastwood or kasiano are at first receiver

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dream for the day when I can see a bulldogs half run to the line putting the defensive line in 2 minds and then pop a ball to a Kas/Klemmer/Jacko at full flight hitting a whole ............ ahhh sighhhhhhhh ................ one day

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
this photo alone would send him into a meltdown
Yeah could you imagine him trying to sort out all the colours and then line them up, much like sorting the peas and lining them up on a dinner plate scenario from SOH.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dream for the day when I can see a bulldogs half run to the line putting the defensive line in 2 minds and then pop a ball to a Kas/Klemmer/Jacko at full flight hitting a whole ............ ahhh sighhhhhhhh ................ one day
Bahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Slow front rowers taking it to the line and passing to another forward is far more effective..

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it's time we had our CEO become more concerned with our on field performances as opposed to only adjudicating on off field matters. That should include publicly letting it rip that the coach and players are on notice as they are not meeting the clubs very high standards and that heads will soon roll...

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it's time we had our CEO become more concerned with our on field performances as opposed to only adjudicating on off field matters. That should include publicly letting it rip that the coach and players are on notice as they are not meeting the clubs very high standards and that heads will soon roll...
Public humiliation by your CEO is never really a good look that can also create a greater divide... As long as its being done behind closed doors , that will do me fine..

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can flogg the players all you like ,that aint going to change the shitty game plan.
If a player aint up for fg drop them .try chasing kicks , try something different have a deep back line set for tbe 4th tackle throw it around. For fuck sake just do something different .
Spot on. Unfortunately our CEO knows nothing about league or a game plan so our misfortunes come right from the top down

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In some small and immature way, hearing that the team have been flogged this week actually makes me feel a bit warm and fuzzy inside.

Although if you come back to reality I'm not sure that simply 'training harder' is going to solve our problem. Our key problems that need addressing:

- Halves that can't control a team
- Halves that can't capitalise on the most metres gained in the competition out of any team (or close to it)
- Halves that seem clueless how to put pressure on a team
- The team looking like the Chester Hill Under 7's when we attack an oppositions line
- Having next to no 'plays' on the opposition line apart from the out the back and cut out ball to a winger who hopefully makes it into the corner for a try.
- Halves with no kicking games

When you actually put the issues down in black and white, it seems the problems tend to come back to the #6 and #7.
You forgot our hooker. Most teams have hookers that add some attacking and ball playing options. So far o haven't seen anything from Lichaa...we've got nothing at all out of dummy half

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Someone needs to go inception on des. Plant an idea in his dream so when he wakes up he can think himself the creator of the new strategy haha. That way his ego won't be damaged and he'll still see himself as great

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
With all this talk of new halves.... What ever happened to Matt Frawley?! Had a great highlights YouTube reel when we signed him just like a certain other half we once had.

Status
Not open for further replies.