Not open for further replies.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
That's exactly the point.
Why bother with a swear filter when I can write **** and fark ?!
I edit this when I see it and warn people.

Seriously it isn't necessary and anyone who needs to swear all the time on a forum is an idiot.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the only forum I go on with a swear filter. It's pretty stupid tbh. It's just words and there's no harm in them.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I edit this when I see it and warn people.

Seriously it isn't necessary and anyone who needs to swear all the time on a forum is an idiot.
Anyone who gets cut by swearing on a fourm is a bigger idiot.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This is the only forum I go on with a swear filter. It's pretty stupid tbh. It's just words and there's no harm in them.
All the mods are cool bar one about general swearing.

Sometimes a swear word describes it best lol

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone who gets cut by swearing on a fourm is a bigger idiot.
I don't care about shit and **** etc. But seriously c*** is a bit ridiculous for here. There are young people and women here.

But anyway if you guys want to swear take it up with the admins. It's their site and they are the ones who have the swear filter on. Mods just uphold the rules.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Really don't give a flying fuk if there is a filter or not.

Some threads it should be turned off IE the Sydney terrorist thread.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Really don't give a flying fuk if there is a filter or not.

Some threads it should be turned off IE the Sydney terrorist thread.
And when the kennel is attacking a troll from another club.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
"Quit your cussing young Eddie" moves assassin on with an old straw broom " now scram "

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I swear as much as the next guy, but when swearwords are overused, not only do the words completely lose their impact, but the deliverer of said words just looks a bit.... well, the opposite of classy :grinning:

Also, whilst most of of us don't mind hearing the occasional F-bomb, it can get a bit much for some people after a while.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
[video=youtube;0sJ2GqOEc94]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sJ2GqOEc94[/video]

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Here's the problem with swearing on The Kennel.

- When it comes to rugby league, the media, internet trolls, etc, etc ... we (Bulldogs fans on the Kennel only) don't get to play on a level field.

- In the past, incidents have arose in the wider media, as a direct consequence of someone exposing what occurs within this sites walls.

- As a result, this site (more accurately a handful of the users that post here) have caused alarm among the folks at Bulldogs HQ. Questions needed to be asked, and in order to preserve the delicate balance between club image and media, answers were needed to provided. You gotat remember, we're talking about 2004-2010.

- This site is an "unofficial" fan forum. The Bulldogs could operate their own if they wish (and tell everyone to p*ss off), but for over ten years it allows sites like this to operate independently and act as gateways for fans to chat. It is not the intention of site owners/admins to cause grief, and most go into projects like this with 'the right intentions', and generally speaking the Bulldogs Club allows it under the expectation they don't do/allow/promote anything that represents the club in a bad light.

- The "swear filter" (and moderators in general) serves a necessary evil : The media CAN and WILL, use your quote (or portions of it, out of context) to suit any agenda as they see fit. When they do (and they have, and probably will again in the future), alarm bells go off at Bulldogs HQ in the form of "Did you see what your fans are saying ?" ... something this site, and most of us fans never intends. Accordingly, the 'filter' exists tries to extinguish fires before they get our of control by others pouring fuel on it.

- Over the years, we've endured rape slurs, cheating slurs, player misbehaviour slurs, player walkout and defection slurs, embarrassing board room squabbles, coach sackings, internal/external bigotry and prejudice ... the list goes on. All of this provides exactly the right environment for a sh*tstorm to explode. We owe it to our club to keep our house in order.

- Everyone of you is right, we shouldn't need a filter. But it ain't a fair fight. Not all other fanbases will be held to the same standards and we'll be subjected to more than out fair share of bantz.

Status
Not open for further replies.