Sualii might not be a pipe dream

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I reckon Sua’ali’i goes to rugby. Not even uncle Nick can compete with a couple mill per season.
I don't think "uncle Nick" would mind parking him in Rugby for a few years (keep him away from NRL rivals) and then getting him back (SBW-style) to replace Tedesco, after he retires.
By then, he'll only be worth $500k on the cap, playing for massive unders to "win premierships" and because the coach is such a great guy.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what happens when you pay kids on potential. He might have talent but hasnt put out any tape to even justify paying him more than the Fox. It sounds like he will go to the highest bidder I just hope he can actually perform to the expectations that price tag attracts

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I just hope he can actually perform to the expectations that price tag attracts
Unless it's with us, I really couldn't care less.
I don't think Ciraldo/Gus will be too interested in this addition to our (re-)emerging culture.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Read on Foxsports that Sualii might be forced out of the roosters due to the cap - surely we throw the absolute kitchen sink at the kid!

it’s the kind of signing that would make me be ok with not signing a marquee half in the immediate future.
To big to play fullback

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If the roosters want him he'll remain there. Money is no deterrent. They'll find a way to get it to him outside the cap. I honestly haven't watched him play. Just not interested in anyone that isn't playing vs us and last season I could barely stand to watch out games. The 6 again rule really killed off the spirit of the game IMO. Just too easy to manipulate games and we couldn't buy a decision off the refs.
Spot on Alan.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the end I tend to look at this type of signing as one that doesn't create much team harmony anyway. Might all be manager inspired, but I'd prefer players that tell their management to just shut the fuck up and make their deals without the circus. As others mentioned, 2 million a season is probably even too rich for union and I assume that is manager burlying the water with bullshit to attract NRL clubs to throw out bigger bait.

There are plenty of great players that don't require a circus to negotiate a deal. Prefer we aren't chasing one that stirs this up.
Well said, when you mentioned his manger, it reminded me he was the one who said Sualii, is a better player than Tedesco! It all makes sense now…

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kids 19yo, his footy body and his game are not yet developed, and their talking him up at $2m a season. This can only end badly.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless it's with us, I really couldn't care less.
I don't think Ciraldo/Gus will be too interested in this addition to our (re-)emerging culture.
Regardless of who he plays for thats a lot for a kid to carry. I agree the way this is unfolding that he doesn’t appear to be a good fit for what Gus is trying to build here

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck Suaalii the cocky grub. Hopefully, he signs with a Union team, so the Rorters and all their fans can suck off Corey Allan.

Bring Critta over to play fullback. Keep burning the Panther fans.

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How do the Aussie Rugby union come up with the money to get these guys? They are absolutely useless and so are the super rugby teams where do they get the money from? Lol

They must be throwing huge money because if he goes he better get used to getting no ball and absolutely pummelled because Aussie rugby blows.
Mate it's Union. There are probably individual fans rich and willing enough to pay his contract if it means the Wallabies improve.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If uncle Nick, wants him, he will keep him, it won’t be long before we hear how much Sualii, loves the roosters and will be taking a pay cut to remain there, 5 year deal at $500k…. We’ve heard it all before, we know how the story goes!
He’ll go to rugby for a few years whilst being paid by nick the whole time. Then comeback to the roosters when he’s 26 on 700k per year, even though nick was paying him hundreds per year whilst he was at the wallabies. That’s (I know as fact) what happened to sbw.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Read on Foxsports that Sualii might be forced out of the roosters due to the cap - surely we throw the absolute kitchen sink at the kid!

it’s the kind of signing that would make me be ok with not signing a marquee half in the immediate future.
Union.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't get fancy watches playing union though, only at the Roosters!

Bondi Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
In the end I tend to look at this type of signing as one that doesn't create much team harmony anyway. Might all be manager inspired, but I'd prefer players that tell their management to just shut the fuck up and make their deals without the circus. As others mentioned, 2 million a season is probably even too rich for union and I assume that is manager burlying the water with bullshit to attract NRL clubs to throw out bigger bait.

There are plenty of great players that don't require a circus to negotiate a deal. Prefer we aren't chasing one that stirs this up.
He’s got a bit of the ‘Cristiano Ronaldo of league’ about him doesn’t he?