Sualii might not be a pipe dream

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon Sua’ali’i goes to rugby. Not even uncle Nick can compete with a couple mill per season.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest, personally I’d prefer to have the yearly media circus each time he negotiates his year by year deal.
Great talent however I don’t think he’s about the team.
Next

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Read on Foxsports that Sualii might be forced out of the roosters due to the cap - surely we throw the absolute kitchen sink at the kid!

it’s the kind of signing that would make me be ok with not signing a marquee half in the immediate future.
A meth pipe dream maybe... no thanks... he can stay with the c*cks.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I really don't like the kid,
Somthing about him irritates me.
I not sure what it is.
I guess if he was scoring try's at will and dominating every game and we got him cheap I'd be ok with him playing for us.
Seconded. Lifting knees in to tackles is a bitch move and 100% something he would have been told not to do at some point in his career, prior to hitting the NRL, yet he still does it. Last thing we need is another fullback who's afraid to take a proper hit.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He's a mercenary who is all about the dollars, fam. It's an emphatic no from me, baby.

We should be going hard for Charlie Staines. A proper fullback and a good loyal kid.

Bondi Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
He's a mercenary who is all about the dollars, fam. It's an emphatic no from me, baby.

We should be going hard for Charlie Staines. A proper fullback and a good loyal kid.
Mate Charlie Staines wouldn’t even play first grade at the dolphins

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Read on Foxsports that Sualii might be forced out of the roosters due to the cap - surely we throw the absolute kitchen sink at the kid!

it’s the kind of signing that would make me be ok with not signing a marquee half in the immediate future.
There is something wrong there BD...
The Rorters wearing a Sombrero for a cap can't find a way to keep him :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Sorry BD no offence to you, I just can't stop laughing :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Bondi Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
There is something wrong there BD...
The Rorters wearing a Sombrero for a cap can't find a way to keep him :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Sorry BD no offence to you, I just can't stop laughing :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
None taken mate!
I agree with lots of the others on here, chooks will probably find a way to keep him in the end but we’d be crazy not to try get him to Belmore and if we fail at least they still have to pay more for him.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the roosters want him he'll remain there. Money is no deterrent. They'll find a way to get it to him outside the cap. I honestly haven't watched him play. Just not interested in anyone that isn't playing vs us and last season I could barely stand to watch out games. The 6 again rule really killed off the spirit of the game IMO. Just too easy to manipulate games and we couldn't buy a decision off the refs.
You feel my pain for the game :rage:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In the end I tend to look at this type of signing as one that doesn't create much team harmony anyway. Might all be manager inspired, but I'd prefer players that tell their management to just shut the fuck up and make their deals without the circus. As others mentioned, 2 million a season is probably even too rich for union and I assume that is manager burlying the water with bullshit to attract NRL clubs to throw out bigger bait.

There are plenty of great players that don't require a circus to negotiate a deal. Prefer we aren't chasing one that stirs this up.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
None taken mate!
I agree with lots of the others on here, chooks will probably find a way to keep him in the end but we’d be crazy not to try get him to Belmore and if we fail at least they still have to pay more for him.
Another reason, did you know managements from both clubs are in a solidarity and support agreement...
So unless Uncle Nick drives him to Belmore, it's no happening ;)

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is going to be a Wallaby won’t stay in the NRL end off

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Contract on top of the table says they can’t afford to keep him but the one stuck under the table by uncle Nick and Trent chewy gum is a different story.