Strickland joins Bulldogs for 2 seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Luis was strong yesterday scoring a couple of tries. Unfortunately the poor kid copped two absolutely shocking bounces from kick offs that went over the side line gifting the ball back to the Tits. He is only a baby having graduated from S G Ball comp last year with the Sharks.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Won't play first grade for another 5 years. Next.

Reactions: DT

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's kind of funny people dissing this type of recruitment. How do you think we got Klemmer? If you wait until they are a star in the 20's you'll be paying massive overs

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The reason we're able to keep a production line of good forwards going through the ranks is because we're proactive about it. I'm pretty sure we picked SBW up from NZ at the same age. A lot can happen in the time it will take him to mature though so whether he ever achieves much with us is up to him.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only 17 % of under 20s go on to play first grade

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The reason we're able to keep a production line of good forwards going through the ranks is because we're proactive about it. I'm pretty sure we picked SBW up from NZ at the same age. A lot can happen in the time it will take him to mature though so whether he ever achieves much with us is up to him.
Sbw is a once in a generation player. The scout that got him here no longer works for us. Sbw came on a scholarship before any club got their hands on him.

The sharks rarely let go of quality players in their junior ranks.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
It's kind of funny people dissing this type of recruitment. How do you think we got Klemmer? If you wait until they are a star in the 20's you'll be paying massive overs
Klemmer was with us when he was 15. This is not the type or recruitment that delivered us Klemmer no.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Klemmer was with us when he was 15. This is not the type or recruitment that delivered us Klemmer no.
Both players signed before playing for u20's is my point. We can continue to argue semantics if you want but signing players at this age is perfect as we may not have more talented players already in our system graduating from SG Ball to NYC.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Speaking of signings from last year, what happened to the two Clark brothers, Graham and James, we signed from Innisfail? I don't see them on the bulldogs websites player profiles.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of signings from last year, what happened to the two Clark brothers, Graham and James, we signed from Innisfail? I don't see them on the bulldogs websites player profiles.
still with us. The younger one is in NYC. Graham Clark plays in NSW cup but has a leg injury I think and will be out for a while

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Graham started off the bench in Round 1& 6 of the Intrust Super; Rounds 3, 4,5 starting side. James is only 18 and in our S G Ball squad

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sbw is a once in a generation player. The scout that got him here no longer works for us. Sbw came on a scholarship before any club got their hands on him.

The sharks rarely let go of quality players in their junior ranks.
Not true about the Sharks either. Only juniors I see in their lineup are Townsend and Holmes. They love buying Tigers players for some reason.
They've most recently let go of talented young backs Scott(Storm)& Addo-Carr (Tigers). They previously let go of Townsend Frizzell and Peachey who are all pretty good players. So let's hope we aren't getting their scraps

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Killing it in NYC at the moment this bloke.

3 tries in teh past 2 games. Big mobile unit.. who can break the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.