Strickland joins Bulldogs for 2 seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let's be serious here sounds like a good prospect, hardly for first grade in 2016. He is not going to be on top 25 I doubt.

He wouldn't be eating big money. I have no problems with us signing prospects forwards as we need an eye on the future.

We obviously need some first grade signings mainly in the wing/centre/6-7/hooker (Depth) positions.

I am still hoping we sign a solid yet no star player like Feldt, Simona, Nofaluma or something.

Only other positive out of this is it may well be a ploy to land SBW if he's a relo...
There will be a turnover in our squads this year and a lot of the under twenty boys are moving on or up. Hopefully we will get to see the young fella do well in the U20's .We don't normally like to move our boys up too soon like other clubs do so will serve his time no doubt. You are right, we need to get and more importantly keep the good young prospects to make sure we have a sound future. You would be surprised at some of the money being offered these young blokes. It was the case with David Klemmer who was being head hunted by several clubs offering really good money whilst he was still eligible for the junior reps. Obviously not first grade wages but good nonetheless, inflate wages at that age and you more than likely find yourself being priced out of the market by some other clubs ( Guess who?)that seem to be able to attract a lot of the really good young players.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its good that we've got this kid Luis Strickland the same as we got Brad Abbey.

But they're both teenagers, it will be years before they're ready for first grade. And whenb they are, will they still be here?

I'd prefer that we signed a proven first grader. Preferably one who wears no.7

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Damn! I thought we signed Strickland propane as a sponsor.

Boy, I'll tell you h-what that would have been awesome. Asinine but awesome. Mm hmm.
Fuk you bro I came in this thread to say "I'll tell you h-wat" lol

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So he can't play fullback or halfback is what ur saying dogluva???

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another jarrod mcinallay or party templeman??? I hope not

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Kid is like 17. He'll be around the 20's squad next season. Don't be dumb and think he's anything more than that atm.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Is he labeled the next anybody?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's 17 years old u say
so he is already better than perret
throw him straight in he can't do any worse

BulldogFit

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
U20"s for 2016. 2017 onwards maybe FG.

Good junior signing . As mentioned u20 squad will have a stack of new players n talent from nz, country nsw n country qld

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
He said that it was our training facilities that made up his mind. I hear a lot about our state-of-the-art facilities; but what advantage have they gained us in performance over other teams the past few years?

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Very impressive backrower i think he has a big future , anyone know how old he is

Status
Not open for further replies.