Strayan Big Cats Diary

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Stray overgrown feral cats, escaped Panthers from a circus, U.S army mascots released after WW2 or maybe introduced as exotic pets or hunting targets.
There are big cats lurking in our bushland.

There are documented cases where people have sent suspected big cat fecies and also leopard scat from a zoo to goverment funded laboratories and both samples have come back as wild dog. So don't expect any admission from the authorities.

Here is a space for the naysayers, and to document any experiences or stories, second hand or not of big cat sightings in Oz.

I have not personally had any experiences but I have seen claw marks on trees around the 5 to 6 foot mark while in remote bushland. I have done work for several farmers who have discovered deceased livestock in a condition which they say clearly differentiates from a wild dog attack. Including claw marks with inches between each scratching and animals wedged into trees 10 or more feet off the ground.
Rounding injured cattle with puncture wounds in the neck and claw marks elsewhere etc.

I have grown an interest in this subject and am keen to read your stories.

Attachments

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I went camping once with just the missus in a pretty remote area in the Blue Mountains with no one else around l. First night we got hammered and all was good second night I got woken by what sounded like someone dropping a large bolder over and over next to the tent.

Absolutely Blair witched freaked myself out and ended up waking the missus and jumping out of the tent with a big knife and a torch. I’ve got to assume the noise was just a kangaroo but fuck did I shit my pants at the time and I still maintain that wasn’t a fucking kangaroo and that someone was walking around the tent.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I went camping once with just the missus in a pretty remote area in the Blue Mountains with no one else around l. First night we got hammered and all was good second night I got woken by what sounded like someone dropping a large bolder over and over next to the tent.

Absolutely Blair witched freaked myself out and ended up waking the missus and jumping out of the tent with a big knife and a torch. I’ve got to assume the noise was just a kangaroo but fuck did I shit my pants at the time and I still maintain that wasn’t a fucking kangaroo and that someone was walking around the tent.
Definately a blair witch bob cat

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Who says it can't be?
Only had 1 cougar myself, early 20's after breaking up with the first real gf, she was an almost 40 cop who was recently divorced... good times.
I remember being in my uni days, and picking up divorcees (in bars around Newtown) in their early 30s and thinking they were SO OLD. of course now i'm 43...

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember being in my uni days, and picking up divorcees (in bars around Newtown) in their early 30s and thinking they were SO OLD. of course now i'm 43...
Time to start picking up uni students then?

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

i took an ex into a mountain stream for a swim (really)had a tractor tube and floated upstream a few hundred meters nobody for miles it was middle of the day and dead quiet until this noise like an avalache, fucken hell it scared the pants off us both (really) its fucken weird when your in the middle of nowhere and nature says get this up you!

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
i took an ex into a mountain stream for a swim (really)had a tractor tube and floated upstream a few hundred meters nobody for miles it was middle of the day and dead quiet until this noise like an avalache, fucken hell it scared the pants off us both (really) its fucken weird when your in the middle of nowhere and nature says get this up you!
I was clearing a paddock that had a shear drop off to a creek about 40 metres below. Unearthed some boulders the size of a small smart car and pushed one towards the cliff (which was an uphill gradient) and somehow miraculously it rolled up the hill and toppled over the side.
I naturally followed it with my elevated position to watching the ensuing carnage.

What I then saw, after a couple of thunderous cracks was 4 tourists on horses all getting thrown and bucked off the horses at the same time in full synchrony.
I worked with them and they tried making me feel like an arse about it but me and the farm owner both laughed because they were obviously lost and about 10kms from where they were assigned a job.

French and English so they probably needed a bath anyways