Storm recruit Sam Kasiano digs in to regain status as NRL’s best prop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If we are serious and non biased 2012 kas was a weapon. He was huge for us. IF he can get back to that he is a genuine game changer, one of the best props in the game. That said this is 6-7 years ago. He has not produced anywhere near that since. Bellamy may well get him back to it. Kas may also continue his weight and fitness issues. Rose showed us he can’t work miracles for guys who won’t work with him.

While Kas and Graham where big pieces for us in the past the game has past some things by, With the less interchanges and the way graham seems to
Have had Father Time Catch up With him I’m much much happier with a front row of Klemmer and Woods.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I can see him having the same issue as Rose.

Many have said that Bellamy has one of the most intensive and physical training regimes, controlling almost every aspect of the players life from eating to sleeping, to day to day activities. Very regimented.

That's not Kas at all. He struggled training with us, so Bellamy will probably break him early, mid or pre season.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
I can see him having the same issue as Rose.

Many have said that Bellamy has one of the most intensive and physical training regimes, controlling almost every aspect of the players life from eating to sleeping, to day to day activities. Very regimented.

That's not Kas at all. He struggled training with us, so Bellamy will probably break him early, mid or pre season.
Lol okay..

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We'll see who's havin a laugh next year and cant wait for it!
I got smaaaaashed for my support of Kieran Foran and got hammered for my bagging of Abbey. Look forward to makin it a treble ;)
So you are in the majority with Foran and Abbey (I'm there as well) but how does that translate into a defence of a bloke who has been stealing $600k a year from us for 3 years?

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
So you are in the majority with Foran and Abbey (I'm there as well) but how does that translate into a defence of a bloke who has been stealing $600k a year from us for 3 years?
He wasn't stealing.
He had no choice but to turn up and play for a demotivating piece of work.
Just watchin the crap last few years took it out of me, imagine the players.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He wasn't stealing.
He had no choice but to turn up and play for a demotivating piece of work.
Just watchin the crap last few years took it out of me, imagine the players.
So someone like Lichaa shows a bit of character and has a dig. Meanwhile Kas re-signs for another 3 years and plays like a girl. Seems to me like the very fact that he signed up and then did what he did makes it even worse. Pretty sure Hasler wasn't on the field when he threw passes on the ground, shirt grabbed and stood there with his hands on his hips after only 2 hit ups. Surely pride has a role to play in this and he showed he didn't have any for himself by the way he (didn't) played. You can hate the coach as much as you like but once you are on the paddock you are playing for your team mates and your own pride. He demonstrated that either he doesn't have the ability to play top class footy or he doesn't have the heart to. Either way Storm are welcome to him.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
So someone like Lichaa shows a bit of character and has a dig. Meanwhile Kas re-signs for another 3 years and plays like a girl. Seems to me like the very fact that he signed up and then did what he did makes it even worse. Pretty sure Hasler wasn't on the field when he threw passes on the ground, shirt grabbed and stood there with his hands on his hips after only 2 hit ups. Surely pride has a role to play in this and he showed he didn't have any for himself by the way he (didn't) played. You can hate the coach as much as you like but once you are on the paddock you are playing for your team mates and your own pride. He demonstrated that either he doesn't have the ability to play top class footy or he doesn't have the heart to. Either way Storm are welcome to him.
So you call what lichaa dished up character? Jee wiz.. more like his last 3 games and how he put it up des and the WC.

There is 2 ways of goin about the des issue, you either shut up and do what he wants or do what the likes of finucane, ennis, lafai and a few others have done piss off out the ugly regime and move forward with your career coached by someone that gives you freedom to be who you are.

Your argument is 1 sided, be a little open minded.

Des is a career killer and by memory you use to support the garbage they dished up on the field.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Best Props in the world titles only go to regular starting props. Will Kasiano be one of those. I highly doubt it!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Best Props in the world titles only go to regular starting props. Will Kasiano be one of those. I highly doubt it!
They also don't go to props that can't even play half a game and average under 100m. Just look at his average minutes and metres these last few seasons.

2014: 30.4 minutes for 88.7 metres
2015: 32.7 minutes for 82.8 metres
2016: 30.5 minutes for 90.4 metres
2017: 30.7 minutes for 84.2 metres

He might come up with a flashy play that people love, but he isn't ever going to be close to the best forward in the game. At best he could be a great bench forward but that isn't worth huge coin these days.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What surprises me most about this is the amount of people commenting who have obviously never watched Taumalolo play. Saying stuff like Kas has done stuff that Taumalolo has never done? Eating 7 Kebabs in one sitting? Dropping off in defence letting in tries after being on the field for 3 minutes? Offloading 15 metres the wrong way?

If I was a Cowboys supporter i'd be glad Taumalolo hasn't been showing these kind of skills to the world.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So you call what lichaa dished up character? Jee wiz.. more like his last 3 games and how he put it up des and the WC.

There is 2 ways of goin about the des issue, you either shut up and do what he wants or do what the likes of finucane, ennis, lafai and a few others have done piss off out the ugly regime and move forward with your career coached by someone that gives you freedom to be who you are.

Your argument is 1 sided, be a little open minded.

Des is a career killer and by memory you use to support the garbage they dished up on the field.
At the beginning of the year I backed them to win the comp. I worked on the theory that in the off season Des would change their style and be more expansive. I got it wrong and more importantly he got it wrong and we both paid a price for it. That has absolutely nothing to do with the piss poor performances week in and week out by Kas. Even JR mad hatter that he is had a go every game. So did Mbye, Hoppa and the others. Sure Lichaa played within the game plan for most of the season but at least the little bugger was making 50 tackles a game. Kas didn't make that many all season. I expected him to tear it up this year and he just did nothing. He didn't try and it affected those around him. It's not as though he wasn't doing the same sorts of things 5 years ago - you know when Des was the coach. The difference in the past 3 years is that he hasn't bothered and for mine it is more about Pritchard than it is Des. So unless Pritchard is going to Melbourne then nothing will change. That's my view of it anyway.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
At the beginning of the year I backed them to win the comp. I worked on the theory that in the off season Des would change their style and be more expansive. I got it wrong and more importantly he got it wrong and we both paid a price for it. That has absolutely nothing to do with the piss poor performances week in and week out by Kas. Even JR mad hatter that he is had a go every game. So did Mbye, Hoppa and the others. Sure Lichaa played within the game plan for most of the season but at least the little bugger was making 50 tackles a game. Kas didn't make that many all season. I expected him to tear it up this year and he just did nothing. He didn't try and it affected those around him. It's not as though he wasn't doing the same sorts of things 5 years ago - you know when Des was the coach. The difference in the past 3 years is that he hasn't bothered and for mine it is more about Pritchard than it is Des. So unless Pritchard is going to Melbourne then nothing will change. That's my view of it anyway.
Look mate i respect everyone's opinion and i have my own for a reason.

I'm not blowin my own trumpet but I've had a successful stint in coaching a few yrs back and been offered heaps of gigs all over OZ but have put it on hold, anyway...
I had really talented players and it takes alot of perseverance and tough love to get the best out of those types and they get eeeeeasily bored, i see kas as 1 of those players. Like i said time will tell but i reckon he'll be a powerhouse nex yr!

If he was coached by bellamy all his career then he could well have been competing for best prop with taumalolo throughout his career.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Look mate i respect everyone's opinion and i have my own for a reason.

I'm not blowin my own trumpet but I've had a successful stint in coaching a few yrs back and been offered heaps of gigs all over OZ but have put it on hold, anyway...
I had really talented players and it takes alot of perseverance and tough love to get the best out of those types and they get eeeeeasily bored, i see kas as 1 of those players. Like i said time will tell but i reckon he'll be a powerhouse nex yr!

If he was coached by bellamy all his career then he could well have been competing for best prop with taumalolo throughout his career.
All good. I guess we will all find out soon enough.....

Status
Not open for further replies.