Storm recruit Sam Kasiano digs in to regain status as NRL’s best prop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Kas was one of the reason we succeeded in 2012 .
Taumalolo is just an explosive runner that's it.
If kass can get back to his best he will be the best forward.
Just don't see your logic. The best forward in the world against a bloke who has been a serial bench warmer. Seriously, JT has size, speed, step, mongrel, an offload and hits like a tank in defence. He drives his team forward by his actions. Kas has some acceleration, no step, size, an offload that finds the ground and is nonexistent in defence and lasts about 10 mins. Fair dinkum RFM offered more than Kas this year and the kid isn't really even a genuine first grader yet. Kas will never be more than a benchie who comes on around half time to offer a bit to a tired defence. have a look when he last started with Samoa - he did nothing. It's been the same for almost his entire career. I remember him in the 20's and thought he was the real deal. Turns out he wasn't.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Just don't see your logic. The best forward in the world against a bloke who has been a serial bench warmer. Seriously, JT has size, speed, step, mongrel, an offload and hits like a tank in defence. He drives his team forward by his actions. Kas has some acceleration, no step, size, an offload that finds the ground and is nonexistent in defence and lasts about 10 mins. Fair dinkum RFM offered more than Kas this year and the kid isn't really even a genuine first grader yet. Kas will never be more than a benchie who comes on around half time to offer a bit to a tired defence. have a look when he last started with Samoa - he did nothing. It's been the same for almost his entire career. I remember him in the 20's and thought he was the real deal. Turns out he wasn't.
That's why I said if kass can get back to his best .
Not saying his the best now only saying what he can accomplish if he actually tries.
Taumalolo is a beast there is no denying that, but I think and this is my opinion,
That kass has more to offer when at his best.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Kas was one of the reason we succeeded in 2012 .
Taumalolo is just an explosive runner that's it.
If kass can get back to his best he will be the best forward.
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Haters gonna hate
Kasiano doesn't even come close to Taumalolo, has nothing to with hating on him or not. Kas is a fat fuck that can barely last 15 minutes playing off the bench while Taumalolo is an absolute freak of an athlete that can play an entire game if required.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kasiano doesn't even come close to Taumalolo, has nothing to with hating on him or not. Kas is a fat fuck that can barely last 15 minutes playing off the bench while Taumalolo is an absolute freak of an athlete that can play an entire game if required.
Taumalolo is incomparable at the moment.
Has couldn’t tie his shoe laces.
Also different kinds of players. Kas has shown glimpses of brilliance but few and far between.

Also he needs to take responsibility for his weight. It’s not all on des. Etc.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hate KAS and even more now that he is playing for another team and suddenly wants to have a dig, thieving fat f^%$ I hope he fails.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I know kas is a fat fuck but I was referring if kas actually tries he can be the best forward.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know kas is a fat fuck but I was referring if kas actually tries he can be the best forward.
He can’t.. at his best he is not good enough to be more value than taumalol. At taumalolo best, he will punch out 300m in 80 minutes... can’t be better than that. And it’s silly to talk about players best, Ben Roberts schooled Lockyer at his best, but he is not that good of a player.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Still wouldn't be the best forward lol.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Taumalolo is incomparable and is potentially the greatest forward to ever play the game. Kas is nowhere on his level. The 2012 version of Kas was a machine and he has shown glimpses of this player - not this year though. Kas has the size, skill and creativity to influence the result of a game through opportunities that he creates. He was the driving force for many bulldogs victories where the entire game plan was wait for Kas to get on and create opportunities. Of course he made mistakes with this pressure. I wish he was still with the dogs.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
He can’t.. at his best he is not good enough to be more value than taumalol. At taumalolo best, he will punch out 300m in 80 minutes... can’t be better than that. And it’s silly to talk about players best, Ben Roberts schooled Lockyer at his best, but he is not that good of a player.
I disagree kas has changed the outcome of a game more than tomato has ever done.
That's my opinion, kas problem is his lazy and hopefully Bellamy can get him back to his best.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The ability is there, but it wasn't Des who made him puffed after 10 minutes. Or throwing silly passes. Or giving away dumb penalties. Or not taking his fitness seriously.

Until he corrects those issues he will languish as being an average prop.

Storm broke George Rose because they were too physical in training. Same will happen to Kas.

Plus, the game has moved in from massive battering rams, to more mobile forwards. That game doesn't suit Kas at all.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Kas will be a powerhouse next year and everyone bagging him better find a good rock to hide behind.

Taumalolo is the standout forward at this period of time but kas does things no other forward can, des was just too stubborn in his ways to allow kas to shine and that ultimately led to his lack of passion in playing and keeping off the weight.

Bellamy will be having the last laugh..

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Kas will be a powerhouse next year and everyone bagging him better find a good rock to hide behind.

Taumalolo is the standout forward at this period of time but kas does things no other forward can, des was just too stubborn in his ways to allow kas to shine and that ultimately led to his lack of passion in playing and keeping off the weight.

Bellamy will be having the last laugh..
We'll see who's havin a laugh next year and cant wait for it!
I got smaaaaashed for my support of Kieran Foran and got hammered for my bagging of Abbey. Look forward to makin it a treble ;)

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Won't happen. This will be George Rose all over again. Bellamy is a coach not a magician.

Kas ruined his fitness in the past with smoking and shit. He gets puffed on field because he has rubbish lung function due to smoking like a chimney.

Unless Bellamy is intending to perform a double lung transplant in off season, Kas won't be more productive in his minutes.

Back when interchange numbers were high you could get away with his 10 minutes of madness.

With lower interchange numbers again this year, you need more usable forwards who can play big minutes. Usable + big minutes is not Sam Kasiano.

Status
Not open for further replies.