News Storm after Meaney

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know people are going to think Bellamy will work his magic on Meaney and turn him into another Papenhuysen but I don't see it happening.
We thought the same with Kasiano.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Meaney will grow into a v good player. He just needs to get around a high performing group.
His pace alone is a huge plus that all gems need.
I hope he stays with us.
Very much agree.
Has a ton of pace, very good under a high ball, can tackle.

While he has been here, we have seen a backline that never gives a winger a chance to run.
For 3 years all he has had to do is run the ball out from our line.

He is 23 and will be a star at the Storm.

I am astounded at what some people here see when they watch a game.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I know people are going to think Bellamy will work his magic on Meaney and turn him into another Papenhuysen but I don't see it happening.
He’s not at Papenhuyzens level in terms of raw talent but in my opinion he’s a very good first grader and has a bright future and can take his own game to another level, still only 23.

He’s been our best outside back this year by a country mile. Rock solid. We’ll see more of his attacking capabilities when he’s got some better players around him. He’s barely seen any space or clean ball since he’s been here.

Bellamy’s licking his lips. And if Bellamy’s interested then that’s a fair indication that holding onto him should be a priority.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I've died a little inside... Side in a thread ages ago I hope that Storm sign him so everyone can see that we were the problem in hindering his development
I think he’s worth keeping but collateral damage to our clean out.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What he does at the Storm is pretty irrelevant next year from Bulldog point of view. I think we have seen pretty close to his ceiling of what he can achieve at the Dogs.
No way has he reached his ceiling, it's sad that we've hindered his development. As a club we have wasted so many years with DWZ and Hopoate at fullback and now their all going to be gone and we haven't developed a fullback in reserves either... Sad state of affairs

Grechy21

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DWZ said that he loves the club and wants to retire here but the club is looking at shipping him around

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will spew if we lose him as his best years are definitely ahead.
Far and away our back constantly showing gradual improvement with every game.

Meany should be way more of a priority to us than DWZ & Okunbor coming off an ACL.

Meany > DWZ or Okunbor.

I'm already spewing they f@cked up trading Dallin out, now this.

GIVE US SOMETHING FFS.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No way has he reached his ceiling, it's sad that we've hindered his development. As a club we have wasted so many years with DWZ and Hopoate at fullback and now their all going to be gone and we haven't developed a fullback in reserves either... Sad state of affairs
I think he has reached his ceiling at the Dogs I wouldn’t be surprised if he improved at another club though.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
As I’ve stated before, hands down our best back and probably our best player of the past two seasons. The morons putting shit on him over the years know way more than the best coach the game has ever seen. Just fucken lol.

PS people wanna talk about him getting rag dolled, we’ll to me that reflects more poorly on the team than him. One of the few shining lights over the past two years. If he does go (hope he doesn’t) I hope he has a stellar career.
DWZ and cotric have both been better then him this year easily

silva

Utility
Reaction score
1. Averillo/Allen
2. Addocarr
3. Naden
4. DWZ
5. Cotric
6. Burton
8. Thompson
11. Elliott