Steve Turner 2010 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Does anybody else think he is a dud? All the superstars around him made him look good

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Does anybody else think he is a dud? All the superstars around him made him look good
Those were my thoughts on Willie Mason .....

... anyway - Turner has player 109 games for 61 tries, and 4 GF appearances.

I'll take him.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Hannant could still end up in a breach of contract if the dogs don't release him and he quits. TG has made it clear that while the dogs are sympathetic to Hannants cause, the club has him under contract and will not release him until a suitable deal is done.

Hence dogs in a far stronger position than Gold Coast was in with Turner and yet the Melbourne gave the GC 2 players in return.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
I am glad someone agrees with me. I said this in another thread. He stinks, IMO.

Playing outside Inglis made it very simple to look the goods. He was found out in Origin big time!!!

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am glad someone agrees with me. I said this in another thread. He stinks, IMO.

Playing outside Inglis made it very simple to look the goods. He was found out in Origin big time!!!
You fail.
He never played outside Inglis and last year played outside Will Chambers.

He is a good player. He is the last one you should be dissing so STFU :grinning:

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
He's shorter then Hazem by 1cm.

Why can't we ever sign a tall winger..

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
He's shorter then Hazem by 1cm.

Why can't we ever sign a tall winger..
Hazem was never 178cm as always reported. I am 173cms and taller than Hazem. Turner was a little taller than me when I bumped into him.

I'd say Hazem was a flat 170.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is better than Hazem, thats all that matters

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
You fail.
He never played outside Inglis and last year played outside Will Chambers.

He is a good player. He is the last one you should be dissing so STFU :grinning:
You hurt my feelings.

He's sh!thouse. IMO, he's not a pimple on Haz's @rse.

What has he ever done to earn the tag of being a good first grader? Don't tell me he played one origin game because we all know how that transpired.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You hurt my feelings.

He's sh!thouse. IMO, he's not a pimple on Haz's @rse.

What has he ever done to earn the tag of being a good first grader? Don't tell me he played one origin game because we all know how that transpired.
He makes good decisions in defence, has made countless trysavers and has pace. Not to mention he could cover fullback.

You don't play in 4 GFS if your a dud.

You go on about is how he got Owned in Origin in Inglis.

If you want to start a list of people who have gotten owned by Inglis, you'd be writing for a really long time.

Last time I checked, Inglis played centre that game and his opposite was Mark Gasnier and Gasnier, rated by many the best in the game, got OWNED by Inglis.

He is a super player. People will always get owned by him.

Turner has nothing to prove to you or anyone else. Anyone who has watched him over the last few years know he is worthy of FG.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
He makes good decisions in defence, has made countless trysavers and has pace. Not to mention he could cover fullback.

If you want to start a list of people who have gotten owned by Inglis, you'd be writing for a really long time.

Last time I checked, Inglis played centre that game and his opposite was Mark Gasnier and Gasnier, rated by many the best in the game, got OWNED by Inglis.

Turner has nothing to prove to you or anyone else. Anyone who has watched him over the last few years know he is worthy of FG.
b ut he got runned down by ben creagh last year

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score

I am not suggesting he has anything to prove to me. I am but a supporter of the Bulldogs and will support him when he wears the Jersey, no matter what.

All I am saying is that he is not as good as you make out and in my opinion, he is not a patch on Hazem, the bloke he was bought to replace. Whatsmore, its really showing out on the right side of the field in defence.

You say he makes good decisions in defence, I am yet to see that but hope he proves me wrong. Being trampled by Matt Prior last week must have been an abberation?

I have no doubt he can hold his own when there is a good defensive centre inside him. Problem is that Idris is not that...yet.

Also, I doubt he has good pace. Being run down by Creagh last year at Kogarah rang alarm bells for me. In the game against Newcastle, he struggled to keep up with Idris in that final break and we know Idris is not exactly a fast centre!

I am sorry but I don't see a lot of positives with our "star" import at this stage. Hope he makes me eat my words.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Turner is a good player....fair enough.

We had what?.... 15 years to plan for Haz's replacement, and to me, and many others , signing Turner was somewhat of a disappointment..

Doesn't make him a bad player, hope he plays better than he ever has for us, we need him to !

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
Karma, steve turner didnt want to join Titans and Hannant doesnt want to stay at the dogs, but move to the goldcoast.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Actually Gasnier was always suspect in defense, he makes pretty poor reads tbh...Inglis owning him doesn't say that much because Gasnier is far from being a good defender, its just that his attacking prowess makes it up for it big time.

Turner is okay, i don't rate him nor do i think he's that bad, but i would've preferred another winger tbh. He's more or less like Hazem tbh with more pace and height (Minus the goalkicking skills) and i'm comparing this to Hazem of 04 - 06 when he was still a good winger.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best form turner vs best form Hazem=hazem all the way Hazem IMO was one of the best defensive wingers in the game
Turner is no Hazem his defense is not up to scratch those breaks down the right side of the field were all his fault prior ran outside him and outpaced him wtf? Then he kept rushing in on defense and leaving the wing unmarked

Status
Not open for further replies.