Steve Turner 2010 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuffSed

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was happy with his game. He did what was needed and finished with 2 tries. A lot of fans didn't want him but I think he'll end up being a good buy. Your thoughts?

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was MIA in defence when we needed him. Showed no urgency

i know it was his first game, but normally players make their mistakes by being too eager not too unconcerned

I hope he improves and i had a feeling everyone would be happy cause he scored 2 tries any winger in the 20s and up would have scored. But i was very unimpressed as a whole, looked like he didnt want to be out there most of the time

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
2 tries
2 line breaks
3 tackle breaks
0 errors
0 penalties conceded
14 hit-ups for 134 metres

Way good enough for me. Good player, and a fantastic bloke all round.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
scored two tries that any player worth his salt would have scored...

He offers nothing in attack or defense..

He is a solid player, but I reckon we prolly paid overs for this guy just because he was at the Storm....

We don't need anymore no frills players. We need players that can be game breakers. turner is not that

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
turner played good no errors or penaltise thats good, i think he will be better

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
scored two tries that any player worth his salt would have scored...

He offers nothing in attack or defense..

He is a solid player, but I reckon we prolly paid overs for this guy just because he was at the Storm....

We don't need anymore no frills players. We need players that can be game breakers. turner is not that
so 2 tries, 2 line breaks and 3 tackles breaks isn't enough for you?

seriously some people on here i can laugh at all day, we love this player and that player but when we loss it's he wasn't worth all the money, he should go back to the storm, he is **** blah blah blah.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so 2 tries, 2 line breaks and 3 tackles breaks isn't enough for you?

seriously some people on here i can laugh at all day, we love this player and that player but when we loss it's he wasn't worth all the money, he should go back to the storm, he is **** blah blah blah.
two tries, two line breaks..... yeah real good. all he had to do was catch the ball and take 3 steps.... look past the stats and analyse what he actually brings to the table... truth is this bloke is no tuiaki, he's no vatuvei, he's no yah yeh, he's no falou, he's no tiquiri.... these are the sort of players we need. Not another average player... probably past his best (or else why did the storm shaft him?). The storm wanted to make room for another Israel falou to come through.. and we took their off-cuts. Never rated this bloke.

P

PTE HOLLAND

2 tries
2 line breaks
3 tackle breaks
0 errors
0 penalties conceded
14 hit-ups for 134 metres

Way good enough for me. Good player, and a fantastic bloke all round.
I couldnt agree more. Did what was needed without out being fancy and also made a great over the sidline tackle..

P

PTE HOLLAND

two tries, two line breaks..... yeah real good. all he had to do was catch the ball and take 3 steps.... look past the stats and analyse what he actually brings to the table... truth is this bloke is no tuiaki, he's no vatuvei, he's no yah yeh, he's no falou, he's no tiquiri.... these are the sort of players we need. Not another average player... probably past his best (or else why did the storm shaft him?). The storm wanted to make room for another Israel falou to come through.. and we took their off-cuts. Never rated this bloke.
Maybe you should take his spot.

Bulldog Bandit

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I thought he could have done more to stop that first try. Like jump for the ball instead of trying to tackle the man.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought he could have done more to stop that first try. Like jump for the ball instead of trying to tackle the man.
yeah true that... lack of enthusiasm for mine... but then you could prolly say that for the whole team, apart from Paea, Idris and Barba

d_eye

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stfu everyone. He was better then most other players.
The whole team was ****.
Stop fricken judging over one disastrous game.

One problem tonight....ATTITUDE!!!! And that's it.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
solid performance from Turner! I was pretty happy with him apart from the first misread in defence which caused us to concede that first try

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Says enough
Yeah right! Slip didn't include missed tackles and bad reads that led to Knights tries.... Just because a bloke can catch and run a couple of metres for a try doesn't mean he is the Messiah.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think last night's game showed us that the emphasis Kevvy has put on no frills players like turner can backfire when you are up against some genuinely talented ball players and big outside backs. I mean turner was no match for either uate or vuna. Both are quicker and stronger and provide much more in every department.

I'd have Goodwin and JTK as first choice wingers. Both provide the strike power we need to compete with the best wingers in the comp.

Furthermore, when we do buy a kid that has the ability to provide something spesh on the wing, we overlook him...

Bull4life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
From his experience he knows how to find the line(by being at the right place at the right time). But the kicking to his side needs to be sorted out, maybe swap him with Idris for the bomb like they used to do with Hazem.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
your comparing him to the best players in rugby league, we cant have every player in our team better than everyone.

your comments in all the threads are pathetic and you are a hopeless supporter. We lost 1 game and you want turner sacked because he is hopeless and is nothing yet the guy has won 3 premierships and played in 4 but hey he isn't good enough for the dogs but he is good enough for a 3 time premiership winning team. Your nothing but an idiot who is looking at a teams performance and putting it on 1 player.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
your comparing him to the best players in rugby league, we cant have every player in our team better than everyone.

your comments in all the threads are pathetic and you are a hopeless supporter. We lost 1 game and you want turner sacked because he is hopeless and is nothing yet the guy has won 3 premierships and played in 4 but hey he isn't good enough for the dogs but he is good enough for a 3 time premiership winning team. Your nothing but an idiot who is looking at a teams performance and putting it on 1 player.
get stuffed!!! he won (past tense) 3 premierships, then he was let go by that club.... does that signal anything to you? it does to me. As they say in the stock market, past performance is no guarantee of future performance. I think the Storm knew that and let him go.

The_General

Kennel Established
Reaction score
get stuffed!!! he won (past tense) 3 premierships, then he was let go by that club.... does that signal anything to you? it does to me. As they say in the stock market, past performance is no guarantee of future performance. I think the Storm knew that and let him go.
So Ennis is sh*t because he was let go by Brisbane. Noddy was let go by a terrible Sharks team so he must be hopeless. You do realise there's a thing called a salary cap and teams can't always keep the players they want. From all reports Craig Bellamy was very disappointed that they had to let Turner go. He knew the value he brought to the team on and off the field. It's stupid that people are calling for him to be sacked after 1 game even when he wasn't even that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.