State Of Origin 2017 - Are drastic changes needed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I am so over Origin.

It makes me sick some of the selection decisions made by Laurie. Farah, Gallen, Tamou, Bird, Jennings and Walker should have never been anywhere near the fucking squad. Pick based on form, not on bullshit fairy reasons like experience.

Also when I saw Laurie say that he didn't feel like the Origin coaching job was a "pressure position" I wanted to plunge my hands through the tv and choke the life out of him. The guy is an absolute shit coach and needs to be removed from anything to do with the Blues forever. He can take Fulton with him too.

I hope no one goes to Origin 3, and I hope it rates like shit on TV. I for one will not be watching.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone still involved with NSW since 2006 should be publicly shamed in stocks.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope no one goes to Origin 3, and I hope it rates like shit on TV. I for one will not be watching.
I get angry at the NSW crowds, they always pack the stadiums no matter what. QLDers wouldn't put up with 10 losses from 11 series, suncorp would be a quarter full.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I get angry at the NSW crowds, they always pack the stadiums no matter what. QLDers wouldn't put up with 10 losses from 11 series, suncorp would be a quarter full.
Right before the National Rugby League Entertainment Network fabricated the greatest Origin feat that will never be repeated NSW won 3 straight series and the banana benders were crying about Origin being irrelevant.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
JAC...... someone just went full retard.
I wouldnt mind seeing NSW pick and stick with some young guys even if they have a couple of flaws. Some of the names bandied about like BJ, Tom Turbo and AdoCarr have naturally attacking flair and their obvious weakness is defense, which is huge in Origin. But, if they have the attack, give them a crack or you will never know.
K Hunt and Inglis were 19 and unpolished. Justin Hodges 1st few games had some defensive clangers, but they had natural attacking instincts.....

or we can stick with same formula and keeping passing on the losing culture.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind seeing NSW pick and stick with some young guys even if they have a couple of flaws. Some of the names bandied about like BJ, Tom Turbo and AdoCarr have naturally attacking flair and their obvious weakness is defense, which is huge in Origin. But, if they have the attack, give them a crack or you will never know.
K Hunt and Inglis were 19 and unpolished. Justin Hodges 1st few games had some defensive clangers, but they had natural attacking instincts.....

BJ, Tom Turbo and Ado-Carr are three totally different players with different experience. You can't lump them together as 'naturally attacking players'.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Right before the National Rugby League Entertainment Network fabricated the greatest Origin feat that will never be repeated NSW won 3 straight series and the banana benders were crying about Origin being irrelevant.
Yeh I remember that, Maninga said origin was dead.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Bj and Tom. ....forsure.JAC on the other hand would be like picking Raelene for Australia's next top Model.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
BJ, Tom Turbo and Ado-Carr are three totally different players with different experience. You can't lump them together as 'naturally attacking players'.
BJ is naturally running the fuck over people and is directly responsible for atleast half of Rapanas tries.

TTurbo and Ado Carr both have some nice 'natural' footwork aswell as speed and acceleration.

AC's body is not ready for 1st grade let alone Origin tbh but when it is, I am sure he will be a weapon with the ball he bamboozles defenders.

TTurbo has toughness and his body is matured a bit more. He also has a knack of getting over the advantage line or pulling through it. Him and his brother are great prospects and being the family club, I am a little jealous lol.

Defense can be improved but you just cant coach natural attacking flair into a player.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
JAC...... someone just went full retard.
JAC is young yes... but surround him with decent players and the bloke will flourish.

There is no substitute for footwork and speed.. and currently NSW has fuck all of that.

1. Tedesco - blindingly fast footwork, backs up breaks, and hovers around for offloads and kicks through. Just needs a halves player with a good kicking game.
2. Roberts - one of the fastest players in the game and has footwork that can create spaces for himself. Ability to back up line breaks.
3. Dugan - physically imposing and was a superstar the other year in centres for Origin. Defensively solid and decent pace.
4. Jack Bird - Again has pace, decent in defence, and can put others into holes.
5. JAC - fairly new to NRL, but has 3 tries from 5 games in average tigers side. Strong powerful ball runner with pace to match (of not beat) Roberts.

So you have a solid backline right there with pace, and ability to back up line breaks. Couple that with decent halves to create chances, kick to wingers, break the line, and get repeat sets.

6. Austin / Sezer
7. Maloney

Add some tough forwards and a speedy hooker.

8. Woods
9. Peats
10. Klemmer

And some Second Rowers to break the line and offload.

11. Jackson
12. Frizell

And a decent option at lock.

13. Jack De Belin

Then pack out the bench.

14. Tamou / James
15. Vaughan
16. Fifita
17. Graham (Wade) / Aubusson

and you are well on your way to Origin victory.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
JAC? Not even good enough to start for the Bulldogs.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Strange decision to pick Reynolds for his kicking game and not *really* utilise it. With him out I'm looking at:

1. Tedesco
2. Mansour
4. Bird
5. Trbojevic
6. Cartwright
7. Maloney
8. Woods
9. Peats ?
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson
12. Cordner (c)
13. Frizell

14. Moylan
15. Graham
16. James/RCG/Trbojevic/Boyd/Paulo
17. Fifita

Dylan Walker wasn't as bad as people are saying, tough assignment and in no way did Inglis dominate, still don't rate him though.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
My NSW team-

01. J.Tedesco
02. J.Roberts
03. J.Dugan
04. B.Leilua
05. B.Morris
06. J.Bird
07. A.Reynolds
08. A.Woods
09. N.Peats
10. D.Klemmer
11. J.Jackson
12. B.Cordner
13. T.Frizell

14. A.Fafita
15. T.Merrin
16. B.Cartwright
17. J.Reynolds

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My NSW team-

01. J.Tedesco
02. J.Roberts
03. J.Dugan
04. B.Leilua
05. B.Morris
06. J.Bird
07. A.Reynolds
08. A.Woods
09. N.Peats
10. D.Klemmer
11. J.Jackson
12. B.Cordner
13. T.Frizell

14. A.Fafita
15. T.Merrin
16. B.Cartwright
17. J.Reynolds
Good team. Although I would have Moloney ahead of A. Reynolds.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Reynolds is so much better than Maloney it's not funny. Also Maloney is already 30 and we need to look towards the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.