State of Origin 1 - Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cleaned up thread... sorry for anyones posts that got removed in the crossfire.

Re Cook ... we couldn't compete with the offer Souths threw at him... simple as that.
We would have been able to if we didn’t pay top dollar for a Cronulla reserve grader at the time in Lichaa.

We could have easily afforded Cook.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Milford will drop out and Morgan will be the bench player with Slater returning.. I really think the Maroons would have been better to throw Ponga in tonight against a team of debutants.. especially given that Milford is sh!te
Slater is no certainty to be fit. A recurring hamstring strain can easily be 4+ weeks

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Milford will drop out and Morgan will be the bench player with Slater returning.. I really think the Maroons would have been better to throw Ponga in tonight against a team of debutants.. especially given that Milford is sh!te
The option might be to play Morgan as a centre (he’s done it before- last year game 3). Ship Chambers off who is so average anyway. Ponga onto the bench for Milford

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good win by NSW and I don't expect or want changes BUT, James Roberts was lazy and JDB was Cake.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Chambers with 10 missed tackles

Latrell and Ado Carr with 23 tackle breaks between them

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah but he didn't go looking for it either
Qld kept the ball away from that side of the field as much as they could every kick was on Tommy’s side.Robberts and Addo Carr will be a nightmare combo for Qld in the future

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I was calling for roberts to be in the team but i was wrong, he is way out of his depth at this level.
He did alright defensively EXCEPT being too far outwide when Holmes intercepted.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Qld kept the ball away from that side of the field as much as they could every kick was on Tommy’s side.Robberts and Addo Carr will be a nightmare combo for Qld in the future
Roberts was Trbojevics center

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
What was with Lockyer's hair?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol that’s actually true, I can’t argue with fact.
After sex I’m too tired to even sleep.

In saying that, my post was well orchestrated don’t trakw that away from me thanks
Your hand must get cramps!!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Attacking wise they have strike power right across the park..my only concern is defence..Roberts and Mitchell in the centres and Cook in the middle..might find it a bit tough..but maybe they’ll prove me wrong.. I will say Cook has the potential to be electric out of Dummy half though..sheesh..speed to burn..
@COVENS you asked what worried me about Cook’s defence..I replied with this idiotic reply..

Firstly I love watching the bloke play..when he’s playing I’m watching.. There’s no doubt his defence has vastly improved..However he gets pushed around a bit after contact..and I’m not too confident with his one on one defence.. He does do well in getting the attacker on his back though.. Anyway I think he deserves his opportunity..another Doggie let go..
Well let’s see..Cook’s defence last night? After 52 effective superb tackles he proved me wrong!!

At least I got the first post right!!
Ps.. I mention the first post to save face!!

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
@COVENS you asked what worried me about Cook’s defence..I replied with this idiotic reply..

Well let’s see..Cook’s defence last night? After 52 effective superb tackles he proved me wrong!!

At least I got the first post right!!
Ps.. I mention the first post to save face!!
He looked comfortable didn't he?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lacked something with so many big names out, still a good game.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think that’s true at all tbh. If you remember roosters v manly grand final. Manly were all over them and Maloney was useless, they only got overnight manly when sonny bill injected himself.

Same with sharks it was hardly the heroics of Maloney, barba wnnis and bird all outshined him including Fifita
What a load of tripe. Don’t know what axe you have to grind with Maloney but your recollection of the 2013 GF is nonsense. He was outstanding that night. Kicked 5 from 5, had a hand in two tries and with SBW got the Roosters back into the match. To suggest he’s overrated tells me you don’t have a grasp of rugby league. In his first year at the Roosters, he wins a premiership. At his first year at Cronulla he wins a premiership. It’s no suprise that the Panthers are running high on the back of Maloney. When they lost Cleary, he stepped up and was amongst their best player week after week.
On a positive you gave me a good laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.