State of Origin 1 - Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What a load of tripe. Don’t know what axe you have to grind with Maloney but your recollection of the 2013 GF is nonsense. He was outstanding that night. Kicked 5 from 5, had a hand in two tries and with SBW got the Roosters back into the match. To suggest he’s overrated tells me you don’t have a grasp of rugby league. In his first year at the Roosters, he wins a premiership. At his first year at Cronulla he wins a premiership. It’s no suprise that the Panthers are running high on the back of Maloney. When they lost Cleary, he stepped up and was amongst their best player week after week.
On a positive you gave me a good laugh.
Yep, critics of Maloney either willfully ignore all the excellent things he does (on and off the ball) or have nfi

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson is average, other clubs fans laugh at how some dogs fans rate him so highly. I might not have picked certain players and done things differently, but Jackson still wouldn't make the side.
Look, I like him as a player but would I pick him ahead of Crichton or DeBelin ? No.
Jackson is too similar to Cordner. He dosent have an offload or bend the line. Zero X factor. Just don’t think he’s an origin player.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson is average, other clubs fans laugh at how some dogs fans rate him so highly. I might not have picked certain players and done things differently, but Jackson still wouldn't make the side.
Average players don't win the brad fitler medal and get man of the match in a losing side at origin level. You can't bluff your way through at that level.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Look, I like him as a player but would I pick him ahead of Crichton or DeBelin ? No.
Jackson is too similar to Cordner. He dosent have an offload or bend the line. Zero X factor. Just don’t think he’s an origin player.
Jackson brings x factor in his defence. Jackson and Jake should be sharing lock duties and keep frizzel and cordner for the full 80 minutes out wide.

Crichton and debellend did nothing to suggest they should be there before jackson

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Jackson brings x factor in his defence. Jackson and Jake should be sharing lock duties and keep frizzel and cordner for the full 80 minutes out wide.

Crichton and debellend did nothing to suggest they should be there before jackson
De Belin can play prop, is more dominant in defence and plays like link forward which is handy, played well last night.

There's an argument to made that Jackson should be there instead of Crichton, but Crichton has a higher talent ceiling then Jacko

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
De Belin can play prop, is more dominant in defence and plays like link forward which is handy, played well last night.

There's an argument to made that Jackson should be there instead of Crichton, but Crichton has a higher talent ceiling then Jacko
The same way Vaughan played prop? You know running and then stopping before he hit the line?

Debellend has nothing sorry but just plain nothing.

Penriths 28 to 2 scoreline showed the dragons forward pack up for what they are

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
lol @ people calling for Jackson in the team.

NSW won the game and all of the current squad are in better form.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Average players don't win the brad fitler medal and get man of the match in a losing side at origin level. You can't bluff your way through at that level.
Jackson is average these days, get over him. His past performances aren't anywhere near as relevant when there's a brand new coach that wants to take the team in a different direction and has a stack of better performing forwards to select from.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The same way Vaughan played prop? You know running and then stopping before he hit the line?

Debellend has nothing sorry but just plain nothing.

Penriths 28 to 2 scoreline showed the dragons forward pack up for what they are
How do you measure how well a prop plays?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Jackson's club form just hasn't been anywhere near good enough. If he can get anywhere near his best then he might come back into the picture, but i highly doubt that happening under our Pay who is a massive DUD.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How do you measure how well a prop plays?
Intimidation and quick play the balls.

Intimidation taking into factor aggression in both hit ups and tackles. It's a major factor in eating up metres whether it be defence or attack.

The fact that Vaughan kept on looking for a non-impact way of getting forward, especially in SOO, isn't good enough.

The way RCG and klemmer carted up the ball tired Qld through the middle

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They should start Jake T, JDB was average last night. Solid in defense but cake metres.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
See if he were a QLDer he wouldn’t have been dropped...cause he’s never had a bad game for his state....and he would’ve done better that Debellend and Crichton dished up. JJ would’ve had a field day, he would’ve lifted.
Matt Scott and Darius Boyd said g'day

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I actually wanted to see James Roberts and Greg Inglis clash. They're cousins and were marking each other at centre. I have a feeling they were soft towards each other!!

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then why wasn’t Jackson picked for game one ?
He should've been there over crichton. Hes performed at that level every single time. He's just unlucky that the dogs have been poor so hes automatically been labelled 'out of form' when hes making the same strong carries and defensive efforts that he always has

Status
Not open for further replies.