Stanley makes Successful Return :) Again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Chase Stanley right now is a soft drink can that someone has been shaking. If you open that can the carbon dioxide will fizz up and explode. I say bring him into the side and watch him explode with attitude. This guy wants to play, he is a fighter. BMOZ on the other hand got picked to play origin on the back of shit performances for the dogs. He is going to come back in to the side and not even try because there is no incentive. I say drop BMOZ, bring in Stanley. I know that sounds crazy but we need attitude on the ASAPS.
What a joke! Seriously, despite almost everyone saying Bmoz and Jmoz are passed it this year, both have been playing food football. Bmoz is not one of the players in our team that is not trying.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What do you want us to say? "Fuck the prick, he's useless...." We can't be negative about everything!

He is average at full fitness and I don't know why the club keeps re-signing him but he wouldn't cost much and the few times he is fit and plays on the wing he's probably better than Holland. But like I said this story isn't about his talent or the club, it's a feelgood story about him overcoming a horror run with injuries.
Good post. But i disagree the he is average at best. Its hard to get a gauge on hime because he has played so few games over the past few years, but he is quality. He has good footwork and can brake a tackle. He is safe in the air and kicks goals. He is a pretty solid first grader.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good post. But i disagree the he is average at best. Its hard to get a gauge on hime because he has played so few games over the past few years, but he is quality. He has good footwork and can brake a tackle. He is safe in the air and kicks goals. He is a pretty solid first grader.
You're right. He's always finding his touch and fitness after a lengthy lay-off, starts having a few good games and then gets injured. I guess my point was he doesn't have the upside other guys might have but he definitely is a reliable player whenever he plays.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've said before, the club should give this kid a job as our mental coach, when he gives it away.
Mentally, tough as nails. Makes the rest of the bitches in the club look like, well.....bitches.

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lucky to get through two games hopefully he will get injured and retires

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I still can't believe he's only 27.

He's a first grader and I have no doubts he would have been a permanent centre/winger for us had his body not let him down every time.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Id pick him before Holland and Brenko

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep first post new thread about a player and its an anti des post. Seriously. Every thread doesnt have to be about des. Can we talk about anything else sometimes?
Well i would love nothing more than to say something positive about the team and Hasler but yet again there is nothing positive to talk about...i think it is not out of the question that he may get picked for the bench in firsts, nothing would surprise anymore...you and me may even get a run the way things are going

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm so happy for him that he has been able to get back... but he needs to really think about life after footy. How many injuries to his lower extremeties has he had so far? Guy could be one hit away from being in a wheel chair.
Just retire mate. Cant build any momentum in the side cause your like a tampond. In for 1 week , out for 4

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Has the same right foot step and inside ball that Brunko has.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
VERY good and VERY underrated player... just a shame he's copped so many injuries.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
TBH he's sort of like Tim Lafai before he became too big. Very light-footed and skillful.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
lucky to get through two games hopefully he will get injured and retires
What a stupid thing to say!! Imagine you are injured at work tomorrow and can never work again???!!!!
Seriously, your a clown!!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What a great story! One has to admire his commitment and passion for the game and we also need to acknowledge the support the Bulldogs Club has afforded him. In an era where everyone appears to be dispensable both in the sporting arena and in the workforce, that's great to hear.

I wouldn't be super quick to start calling for him to replace Holland though, we have a local junior with great attitude called Montoya who deserves a spot, but yeah, Stanley's time may come again soon and best of luck to him! Would love to see him go around in the top grade again.

Status
Not open for further replies.