Stanley makes Successful Return :) Again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stanley makes Successful Return

Mon 29th May, 02:45PM

Bulldogs centre Chase Stanley made his long awaited return to the football field last weekend after a long absence with a torn ACL.

When Stanley ran on to the field, it had been 322 days since the outside back suffered the knee injury against the Wests Tigers last year that required a full reconstruction.

The knee injury came off the back of a hamstring injury he had suffered earlier in the season, while celebrating his 100th first grade appearance against the Canberra Raiders.

The 27-year old took his place in the centres against the Newtown Jets and after a long lay-off, Stanley was excited to be back.

“I was very nervous before the game, but once I had my first run and made a few tackles, it felt normal. It was so good to finally get back out on to the field and play with the boys again,” Stanley said.

His return to the field follows an extensive rehabilitation program that saw the outside back visit the Victorian Institute of Sport for three days of testing on his knee.

The three days down south were about identifying the weaknesses between his left and right knees, as well as a number of tests based on his bio-mechanics, landing, agility and running gate.

Stanley, who first required a reconstruction in 2011, hopes there is some positive news to come from the lengthy lay off.

“This time round I made sure I did everything right in regards to my mind and body. I needed to tick every box along the way. The trip to the VIS gave me a better understanding of my body and I found it easier to be prepared this time round mentally. I can’t thank the Bulldogs football staff enough for what they have done to get me back on the field,” added Stanley.

The Bulldogs Intrust Super Premiership side managed a draw on the weekend, but getting through 80 minutes of footy, kicking a few goals and getting a few runs was a win for Stanley.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unbelievable...good on him i guess...Hasler will pick him for the first grade bench now and not play him ...

Malla

Reaction score
I'm so happy for him that he has been able to get back... but he needs to really think about life after footy. How many injuries to his lower extremeties has he had so far? Guy could be one hit away from being in a wheel chair.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chase Stanley right now is a soft drink can that someone has been shaking. If you open that can the carbon dioxide will fizz up and explode. I say bring him into the side and watch him explode with attitude. This guy wants to play, he is a fighter. BMOZ on the other hand got picked to play origin on the back of shit performances for the dogs. He is going to come back in to the side and not even try because there is no incentive. I say drop BMOZ, bring in Stanley. I know that sounds crazy but we need attitude on the ASAPS.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
one of the best wingers we have when he isnt injured.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stanley belongs in first grade. Would be in the side ahead of Holland if it wasnt for injuries...

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Unbelievable...good on him i guess...Hasler will pick him for the first grade bench now and not play him ...
Yep first post new thread about a player and its an anti des post. Seriously. Every thread doesnt have to be about des. Can we talk about anything else sometimes?

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Real positive that he went to VIS they would identify what is causing his injuries and fix it up. Should hopefully be his last injury.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I feel so sorry for him and Kyle. Both have had the worst possible luck with injuries.

It's amazing the courage and persistence Chase has shown to not give up and to keep coming back from such devastating injuries.

Hopefully he can stay injury free because the poor guy deserves some luck to finish his career on his terms.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still has another six years in him, good on him for not giving up, gives the club more depth, hope he doesn't break again, no one has that much bad luck.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good on him for making it back, shows alot of character. Hope he can stay injury free now.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol plodder fans he is average at full fitness. This club is a joke.
Disagree. he's a good winger. Safe in the air, strong ball runner with acceptable pace. Defence was also okay and could move across the ground pretty well. He's the second best winger at the club, behind B moz

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Clearly has more fortitude than anyone else at our club. Not quite sure what to think on it though, where does letting ones dreams play out and duty of care play in to it? Have huge amount of respect for the kid though.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol plodder fans he is average at full fitness. This club is a joke.
What do you want us to say? "Fuck the prick, he's useless...." We can't be negative about everything!

He is average at full fitness and I don't know why the club keeps re-signing him but he wouldn't cost much and the few times he is fit and plays on the wing he's probably better than Holland. But like I said this story isn't about his talent or the club, it's a feelgood story about him overcoming a horror run with injuries.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good on him, guts and determination, something that's missing in fg, chuck him into fg to replace Holland.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Amazing the way he thrust his body at the line without self preservation. Equally amazed he still has the balls to step off both feet when most of his injuries have occurred under both those circumstances.

That is some fucking courage and congrats to the club and all the medical staff involved in his rehabilitation. Sends a pretty good message out that we look after players.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is stupid for not retiring.

Honestly, when your body says call it quits, you call it quits.

Does this guy think he will still be able to walk when he is 60? Give it a month before he breaks down again.

Status
Not open for further replies.