News Sport Confidential: Details of Phil Gould’s Bulldogs contract revealed

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
For half of Elliotts money we got Asiata and Burns. I'd move both Cotric and Thompson on if it meant getting the Cheese. I'd like to keep both but I don't see too many others players we can move on.
For half? Are you drunk?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
For half? Are you drunk?
You think Asiata and Burns are on more than 150k each? I don't. If they're they shouldn't be and we haven't learnt from past mistakes (I really don't see why 2 unwanted players would be on anything more). Elliott was reportedly on 500k.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For half of Elliotts money we got Asiata and Burns. I'd move both Cotric and Thompson on if it meant getting the Cheese. I'd like to keep both but I don't see too many others players we can move on.
Yes after Asiata and Burns I agree there could have been some left over from Elliott. I'd like to see us keep Cotric. I think he could be really dangerous for us with better players around him. He's a machine at busting tackles. Out of the 2 I think we could do without Thompson IF Hetherington can keep on the field. I have big hopes for Mavoni Tuifua also.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You think Asiata and Burns are on more than 150k each? I don't. Elliott was reportedly on 500k.
Elliott wasn't on that much, was on barely.mlre than 400k. And yes I expect them to be on more than 150k, 180k-220k easy

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The telegraph/news corp has hated on us for a few years, any story about us sells papers for them so they always will throw a ‘controversy’ on us to sell papers. Now it’s Gus, channel 9 and the herald we
will be the ‘darlings for the media’ Anything that looks like smeared toilet paper will be made into a fresh clean A4 page my Gus and 9 :tearsofjoy:

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
If RFM doesn't heal he's medically retired and off our cap altogether just the same as Sam Burgess was with Souths. If you can move players on who are on decent money just to play reserve grade to free up enough cap space to instead pay a top grade hooker that will actually make a difference to us winning or losing first grade games on a regular basis then it's worth it. It's all a matter of who you move on and how much money other clubs will pay to free up enough cap space. Need to keep in mind also that every players has to be replaced by someone on minimum wage at least but I'd personally move on Flanagan, Allan and Stimson. We already have minimum wage players who can fill in for all 3 and do virtually the same job. If it freed up enough to buy an Api or Cheese we're mad if we don't do it.

Similar to what happened with Elliott. With his money we got both Asiata and Burns.

Gould knows we need to fix our spine. I'm sure he's considering all options. I just hope he moves on players that we don't need rather than good players we can use like Cotric and Thompson
I will agree with your last sentence at the very least.......but just remember Souths got a full relief for Burgess simply because they are South Sydney. While it would be hard to argue against that precedent, I am sure that the NRL would consider trying to find ways to block or reduce the relief to us, simply because we are the Bulldogs ......I do say that with much mirth but one can never predict the NRL. Personally, I doubt that you would free up much more than $500k by moving on the three you mention and while it might contribute to the cost of Api or Cheese, it wouldn't cover it. Good to discuss it with you though.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cost us a premiership in 2012 and 2014 by having piss weak halves but a gun team, the article is not wrong in that facet.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Elliott wasn't on that much, was on barely.mlre than 400k. And yes I expect them to be on more than 150k, 180k-220k easy
You said it wasnt half now youre saying Elliot was on 400k and Burns/Asiata are on 200k each (???)

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Arthur Laundy helped negotiate Elliott's deal after Elliott reached out to him. Laundy told me personally that Elliott was already on 430K. He rejected our first offer but accepted a new deal of 480K + 20K in car allowance. The Warriors had offered him a little more.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Arthur Laundy helped negotiate Elliott's deal after Elliott reached out to him. Laundry told me personally that Elliott was already on 430K. He rejected our first offer but accepted a new deal of 480K + 20K in car allowance. The Warriors had offered him a little more.
Craziness. Thanks a lot Arthur and Trent!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Arthur Laundy helped negotiate Elliott's deal after Elliott reached out to him. Laundy told me personally that Elliott was already on 430K. He rejected our first offer but accepted a new deal of 480K + 20K in car allowance. The Warriors had offered him a little more.
Tell Arthur he's a fucking ****

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell Arthur he's a fucking ****
He mentioned Elliott reached out to him and they became "friends". Elliott kisses his arse obviously and Arthur falls for it. He might be a good businessman but it seems Arthur gets a bit of a thrill out of hanging out with "celebrity" (and I use that term loosely) past and present NRL players (including Geoff Robinson). I don't talk to Arthur any more so I got nothing to lose by revealing.

It was interesting reading that article just before Elliott got sacked where Arthur was sticking up for Elliott asking the club not to sack him. Elliott knows the right people to suck up to.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He mentioned Elliott reached out to him and they became "friends". Elliott kisses his arse obviously and Arthur falls for it. He might be a good businessman but it seems Arthur gets a bit of a thrill out of hanging out with "celebrity" (and I use that term loosely) past and present NRL players (including Geoff Robinson). I don't talk to Arthur any more so I got nothing to lose by revealing.

It was interesting reading that article just before Elliott got sacked where Arthur was sticking up for Elliott asking the club not to sack him. Elliott knows the right people to suck up to.
Rather a tainted view of the world you have there Brad, do you really suck up to everyone of your friends ? Kiss their arses just to get what you want out of them? Your friends are only the “right people”? Or is it your friends that are only sucking up to you, kissing your arse?

That’s a very cynical outlook on life that you have there.

Always a Bulldog

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rather a tainted view of the world you have there Brad, do you really suck up to everyone of your friends ? Kiss their arses just to get what you want out of them? Your friends are only the “right people”? Or is it your friends that are only sucking up to you, kissing your arse?

That’s a very cynical outlook on life that you have there.

Always a Bulldog
Oh okay. No I'm sure Elliott reached out to Arthur because he thought they had heaps in common - ie: age, good looks, wealth, interests, and they could pick up heaps of loose pussy together without having to pay for it

It had nothing at all to do with the fact Arthur has a few hundred million in the bank and Arthur was our major sponsor LOL

By the way. I have a really good investment opportunity that can make you a fortune. What's your details ?

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
At least with one person in charge of football operations he knows what is going on rather than people taking turns at the steering wheel.
There's gotta be a plan.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Daily Telegraph always seem to have a stick up their arse in regards to Phil Gould.

Anyone know what the deal is there? Has Gould snubbed exclusives to them? Or maybe calling bullshit on their lies has their nose out of joint?
Yes he's had a long standing feud with Rothfield. It's well known.