Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Spencer Leniu

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fair enough. I agree he’s not the biggest in stature but he plays like a monster lol
And he is decent, my reservation was in relation to price, were already paying to much for Thommo

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Genuine question...didn't see a lot of him last year. When he was last linked to us & extended with Penrith many here were glad.

Has he kicked on since? Minutes, short burst impact?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Genuine question...didn't see a lot of him last year. When he was last linked to us & extended with Penrith many here were glad.

Has he kicked on since? Minutes, short burst impact?
He played the best footy of his career in a few of the finals games. Especially against Souths. He's only had limited game time but maybe he's finally turning the corner and reaching his potential. I'd be happy if we signed him as his ceiling is very high.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
One thing to say. I have had a fairly decent time boxing from teenage years to 30’s.

Besides the obvious of experience and learning your sport/craft.

Teenage/early 20’s speed is much swifter, agile, recovery etc.

Sheer power, endurance (not fitness) endurance is a different beast. Becoming relaxed,
Comfortable, understanding the emotions, body adjusted and handling the contact/impact without being overcome with adrenaline etc, the get up, come down etc comes in probably late 20’s.

I’d assume a footballer is very similar. I have no reason to think Leinu in his late 20’s can’t be what leota is at 27/28?

Leota 5 years ago wasn’t much…

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He played the best footy of his career in a few of the finals games. Especially against Souths. He's only had limited game time but maybe he's finally turning the corner and reaching his potential. I'd be happy if we signed him as his ceiling is very high.
I thought he was gonna destroy Souths’ pest centre (forget his name) that night. Leniu was off tap.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Spencer is playing behind arguably the best front row combination in the comp who also play big minutes
His role is explosive bursts of the bench.
He would be a walk up starter in our pack

Last edited:

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Far out, if this happened we'd have a seriously dangerous front and second row.

The way we are recruiting, I can't see us having any area across the field (soon), which doesn't spell danger for opposing sides.

Been a long time since we fielded sides like that.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
View attachment 63962View attachment 63963User on Panther Forum. Between us, Storm and another club I won’t mention. Key factor here is we have the Panther connection with players, coaches etc and a starting spot and no real competition but Storm and other club are known for developing talent and careers. Panther unlikely to keep but could change…
Roosters would have to be keen on Leniu with JWH on his last legs with the club. Hopefully we can win the battle for his signature.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing to say. I have had a fairly decent time boxing from teenage years to 30’s.

Besides the obvious of experience and learning your sport/craft.

Teenage/early 20’s speed is much swifter, agile, recovery etc.

Sheer power, endurance (not fitness) endurance is a different beast. Becoming relaxed,
Comfortable, understanding the emotions, body adjusted and handling the contact/impact without being overcome with adrenaline etc, the get up, come down etc comes in probably late 20’s.

I’d assume a footballer is very similar. I have no reason to think Leinu in his late 20’s can’t be what leota is at 27/28?

Leota 5 years ago wasn’t much…
I was thinking on a similar line with a lot less sport science to back it up, it's more about what he's already shown and what he will likely become. Don't know of many front rowers at the top of their game at 20.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every time i watch Leniu play he is a beast for 12 minutes then gasses badly & loses impact. At prop you need guys that are capable of 60 to 70 minutes of decent effort. That is his 1 question mark...if he can convert to that 60 to 70 minute player with impact

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Every time i watch Leniu play he is a beast for 12 minutes then gasses badly & loses impact. At prop you need guys that are capable of 60 to 70 minutes of decent effort. That is his 1 question mark...if he can convert to that 60 to 70 minute player with impact
He's also a noticeably poor defender when compared to the rest of the panther forwards.