Special Mention To Elliott

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Elliott was almost our best again tonight. The increase in pace suits his game as his footwork and passing ability stand out more.

He's improved his fitness massively this season and has cut out the brain explosions and errors.

He's been a frustrating player for me for a few seasons but again tonight he was great and he deserves a tonne of credit. Now start playing Sweet Caroline!
Good post and agree.
@utility half will be particularly pleased :-).

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve never had much of a problem with Elliott. I like his attitude and effort every week. He isn’t the most talented player but I guarantee you put him in a good team and he would be looking at NSW selection...

Reactions: DT

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yea, Elliot was awesome tonight, but he was as well in the first game of the year, against para that we got so close to winning.!!

Reactions: DT

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really stepped up tonight. He does bring that Madness I believe. Everything he does is 100 mile an hour.
Kudos to him

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’ve never had much of a problem with Elliott. I like his attitude and effort every week. He isn’t the most talented player but I guarantee you put him in a good team and he would be looking at NSW selection...
I disagree, he has always been talented for a forward imo. His issue has been the brain explosions and his ineffectiveness in far too many of his carries. Fixed those two things up and all of a sudden he's our best forward and arguably best player for the season so far

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He played well just needs a simplified game tuck the ball under your arm run hard

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have smashed Elliot in the past for good reason. But he really is starting to improve his decision making at crucial times. I think at times he Just tried to hard, but yeah full credit to him he’s playing well.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I have smashed Elliot in the past for good reason. But he really is starting to improve his decision making at crucial times. I think at times he Just tried to hard, but yeah full credit to him he’s playing well.
A big improvement has been his offloads for 2nd phase play. In the past he would try to get an arm free and pass EVERY time and F'up 80% of them, from the back end of 2019 onwards he has been a lot more selective and thus effective.

He has really been working on his game. Kudos is right!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Been calling for him to move to the edge again and he delivered by the looks. Haven't watched the game as I've been at work but he bagged me 200 bucks for first try scorer :grinning:

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He has been promising for a while, starting to deliver. If you watch him in defense and attack he seems to have a knack of demanding his team mates get involved, or at least look involved. When our defensive line is moving up quickly, he is invariably the bloke at the pointy end. If you look at the try he scored today the reason he scored is because there were other blokes running at the line, including Napa on his left. When he makes a decent surge into the line the team seems to respond better over the next tackle or two.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Been calling for him to move to the edge again and he delivered by the looks. Haven't watched the game as I've been at work but he bagged me 200 bucks for first try scorer :grinning:
He played lock, RFM was on the edge.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's no coincidence that Elliot and Jackson stood out today. They were running better lines and getting the ball in better positions. Foran eas directing them perfectly. They both looked like the attacking ball-playing forwards they are.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He played lock, RFM was on the edge.
Ok fair enough just got home now and will watch the game. I only saw the pre game list and he was was listed as moved to second row, same goes for the league live app... Bit of a downer lol

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Take a shot/skoll for every time the words 'credit where credits due' is mentioned in this thread.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliott busts a gut week in week out has a go can't ask for more hats off to him

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
After watching the game again the turning point for me was Elliot’s try. Watching live it just looked like it lifted the whole team, but watching it again you could see the extra spring in their step, the extra sting in their tackles, the extra zing in their running. “Wadya know we can score tries” and they carried on from there. Up until that point it was an arm wrestle, but Elliot’s try lifted us up and their heads went down.

Often games have a turning point and that was it in this game. In that context it was an important try, not just a good try.

Go Dogs

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Never thought [emoji189] I would say this about Adam Elliott but.....re sign the guy!!

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Elliott was on sports breakfast this morning saying he wants to stay at Dogs, however limited talk from dogs since back from stand down. And has had others from couple other clubs. If doesn’t change with dogs going forward will also have to look at other others with his manager as his son Lennox needs also looking after. Sounded like he was genuine in wanting to stay at dogs but

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Elliott was on sports breakfast this morning saying he wants to stay at Dogs, however limited talk from dogs since back from stand down. And has had others from couple other clubs. If doesn’t change with dogs going forward will also have to look at other others with his manager as his son Lennox needs also looking after. Sounded like he was genuine in wanting to stay at dogs but
I can't see him leaving. We have tonnes of cap space, he's a favourite of the coach and has been playing the best footy of his career. I certainly wouldn't want the club to overpay him or get into a bidding war but I'd imagine they're keen to re-sign him.