Who would you rarher meet in the semis?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't care who they play, but if they can't beat either team on last weekends form then it will be pretty bad.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who would you rather the dogs play in the semis?

Personally I would like to meet the raiders, we have a point to prove with them, we haven't lost against a team we have played twice in the year when losing the first time round and I think we were not really trying our best that week.

Also, we have played them fairly recently so it is still fresh in players minds where we need to improve.

I think we could still beat Souths but I would much prefer to meet the Raiders.

Also, who do you think will win next week Souths v Raiders?
My thoughts exactly. We haven't beaten the Raiders this year and I would like to take away the option of them crying that they could have beaten us.

We'll win either way.

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if we vs canberra i would think we will be more prepared than when we vs them in round 25
if we vs rabbits we will have a game on our hands - they are a strong team and it will be huge games especaily because it will be at ANZ

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
if we vs canberra i would think we will be more prepared than when we vs them in round 25
if we vs rabbits we will have a game on our hands - they are a strong team and it will be huge games especaily because it will be at ANZ
May i fill you with my baby maker?

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd take the raiders over souffs @ ANZ any day.

For three reasons:
1) It'd be nice to have a mainly blue n white stadium for the prelim

2) If raiders were to spring n upset on us (doubt it), I'd rate them a better chance of beating either Melb/Manly/Cows in the GF

and

3) Having to put up with souths fans (if we lost) would be an absolute nightmare.

But in the end it doesn't matter because we won't lose another game this year.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Looking at all the sides still in the finals:
Souths - aren't playing finals footy. They are miles out of their depth at the moment, with no time to turn form around. Missing King will dent their finals hopes.
Raiders - on a string of wins and with decent attack. But missing Croker will hurt them a bit.
Dogs - mentally and physically in a good place.
Storm - played a Souths side so far out of their depth. Not the finals game they would have wanted.
Manly - confidence shattered after loss to Dogs. Matai missing, and one or two players with injury clouds. Add in a brusing game vs Dogs and shorter turn around, and I think Manly are in trouble.
Cowboys - fired on all cylinders in their recent game, and can trouble any of the top 8 sides.

I see Raiders doing over Souths with little challenge. Cowboys will take the game to Manly and come up victors.

Storm vs Cowboys will then be a CRACKING game, and Dogs will want to teach Raiders a lesson.

We could be up for some good footy in coming weeks.

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
either one wouldn't worry me, as long as they belt eachother and leave eachother bruised and battered ;)

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
doesnt bother me who we verse...i think that we would get the win

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
Wow that's really interesting.... No one seems to be worried about the next game :s

MrDogzOfWar

Dogz At War!
Reaction score
It doesn't matter. When the Cantebury Bulldogs are on their game, they can beat anyone...

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Either. I picked Souths in the poll because i think we are a better chance beating Souths than Raiders. But if i was being emotional instead of logical id say raiders because they are the only team in the NRL we havent beaten this year. So its Easier team to beat vs who we would rather beat.

Ironhide07

In The Dog House
Reaction score
You would think the Refs will be favouring Souffs this weekend considering what the outcome will be with a full house ANZ Prelim..

Jus had a thought too. Greg Inglis is always ALWAYS up for it against the Raiders.

It's gonna be interesting...

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that's really interesting.... No one seems to be worried about the next game :s
I think once we see how these two teams perform this weekend we all will start to worry about our next game Dogie. I guess everyone thinks the Faiders will fade and Souffs will play ****house again like last weekend.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From what I remember about our first round clash with Souths (I already had a few frosties under my belt by that time of the day on Good Friday) it was a pretty frustrating game to watch. It looked to me, especially in the first half, that we had that game totally under control. But on the back of some tries off kicks, a lop-sided penalty count and some pretty decent defence Souths beat us comfortably in the end.

In the next match there was nothing in it. They nearly beat us at the end but again I thought we were the better side

If we play them next Saturday I think it will be a pretty close match. They will draw a bit of confidence out of beating the raiders and the dogs will need to be somewhere near our best to beat them

I think a lot of people assume that out of last week matches we are a certainty to make the grand final. But I reckon if we play souths its more of a 60/40 chance that we go through. That would increase if Souths pick up any injuries

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
I think once we see how these two teams perform this weekend we all will start to worry about our next game Dogie. I guess everyone thinks the Faiders will fade and Souffs will play ****house again like last weekend.
I think you're on to something Owey

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
I'd take the raiders over souffs @ ANZ any day.

For three reasons:
1) It'd be nice to have a mainly blue n white stadium for the prelim

2) If raiders were to spring n upset on us (doubt it), I'd rate them a better chance of beating either Melb/Manly/Cows in the GF

and

3) Having to put up with souths fans (if we lost) would be an absolute nightmare.

But in the end it doesn't matter because we won't lose another game this year.
I understand where you are coming from.... my father in law and my best mate are Souths fans. I could think of nothing else worse than having to put up with these two larrikans for the next off season. I would be reminded every single day.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would put money on another Rabbits choke, the Raiders seem to be handling semi final pressure better, even if they were at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.