Souths fans response to winning..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Souths are all right, I'm over my pre and post grand final hate for them. I didn't like the total bias build up and even pre game we had, but, they won fair and square, so, guess in retrospect the bias was justified.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I never really had an issue with them in the past. The wankfest before and after the GF has kinda pissed me off but I guess 43 years of nothing makes for a fairytale story.
They were wrongfuly booted out of the competition and we were the only club who supported them.
There are other teams in the comp like the Rorters who have undermined us in the past by pinching our players and Parrascum and the rivalry with them , teams I never want to see win the comp,ever.
Im more cut up that we were the losing grand finalist , the fact that Souths ended up winning did not bother me so much .Had it been the Rorters of Parra Id be inconsolable.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
I don't like Souths not for their club, but for some of their *cough*Inglis, Reynolds*cough* players *cough*Keary, Luke*cough* and some of their gronkier fans, but every club has gronky fans so I guess you can't really count that.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was she a looker? Had all her own teeth?
She had one of those crinkled "winfield blue" faces
I was just shocked really. I cant see a situation I would do that to a stranger.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love how people call them battlers but when this packer deal comes through they will have the richest owners in the league

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
They are over doin it a bit, kind of shit how they are still going off at the poor Doggies expense, it wasn't our fault that it took 43 years and the media rode them home with so much hype.
This was why we wanted an ambush, it would of been pretty sweet.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Very romantic to think this is true. But unfortunately I had some pretty old school South fans sitting behind and in front of me at the game. They were between 40-75 years old. They were nothing short of disgusting with the personal attacks on our club, the players and our fans.

I'm sure many Souths fans are okay. But the majority I saw and heard at the game are nothing short of pathetic scum of the earth vermin that deserve a good phukn smack in the chops.

Bulldogs fans are the best fans in the league at the moment. No one else.

Croc

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Very romantic to think this is true. But unfortunately I had some pretty old school South fans sitting behind and in front of me at the game. They were between 40-75 years old. They were nothing short of disgusting with the personal attacks on our club, the players and our fans.

I'm sure many Souths fans are okay. But the majority I saw and heard at the game are nothing short of pathetic scum of the earth vermin that deserve a good phukn smack in the chops.

Bulldogs fans are the best fans in the league at the moment. No one else.
I agree. Against the panthers I was at the pub at my nephews bday party and a young bloke about 18 was carrying on every play. First tackle, Ennis u grub. 2nd tackle, Reynolds u grub. 3rd and 4th tackle dogs are shit. ****ing hit him. I turned around and said that's enough. He didn't speak again all night. Got nothing against people cheering for their team but some people are idiots

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Last year when we played Souths at ANZ for their home game I sat in Level 4 above the Burrow. Souths won that game and when they scored their last try, rather than watch the game and cheer their team, the whole of the Burrow turned and gave it to all of us Bulldogs supporters on Level 4. I don't mind a bit of banter but your team has just scored a match-winning try - FFS just enjoy it!

I get that sense now from some Souths supporters - they seem more content on giving it to other supporters and being smug and arrogant rather than just enjoying their victory and a premiership. I know when we've won premierships in the past, I'm too busy celebrating and too happy to even consider being bitter towards the supporters of other teams.

Says a lot more about them than us.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a meeting in Redfern tonight. I walked down a few back streets, as well as the main streets: Redfern, Regent and Lawson. There is not a banner, flag, streamer, sign or anything red and green in any part I walked through. Only a car belonging to one resident in a town house - and he had Bulldogs flags on it.

So where is the joy in the heartland, and all the battlers who were cheering and crying in the streets? All the lovely crosses to people celebrating in Redfern must have been contrived. They wouldn't have packed all their bunting away only a few days after such a fairytale victory, would they??

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just got back from a meeting in Redfern tonight. I walked down a few back streets, as well as the main streets: Redfern, Regent and Lawson. There is not a banner, flag, streamer, sign or anything red and green in any part I walked through. Only a car belonging to one resident in a town house - and he had Bulldogs flags on it.

So where is the joy in the heartland, and all the battlers who were cheering and crying in the streets? All the lovely crosses to people celebrating in Redfern must have been contrived. They wouldn't have packed all their bunting away only a few days after such a fairytale victory, would they??
My next door neighbour did. Came home on the Monday, streamers etc. still there, next day gone. All flags I saw up here bar one , gone

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
My next door neighbour did. Came home on the Monday, streamers etc. still there, next day gone. All flags I saw up here bar one , gone
Yeah, even up your way I would have thought the joy would be so great they'd leave the flags out until they were shreds. But Redfern????
BTW I have a unit at The Tanks, Pebbly Beach. Might bump into you one day on my journeys north.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah, even up your way I would have thought the joy would be so great they'd leave the flags out until they were shreds. But Redfern????
BTW I have a unit at The Tanks, Pebbly Beach. Might bump into you one day on my journeys north.
Mate there are quite a few South's fans up this way with the indigenous population we have but never saw much until this year except for one dude who rides around on one of those big tricycles complete with his bunnies flag, don't mind that because he shows his colour. Have to laugh too; Eric Grothe's old man has his Parramatta flag permanently attached to his electric scooter along with two wooden spoons that one of his mates made for him.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate there are quite a few South's fans up this way with the indigenous population we have but never saw much until this year except for one dude who rides around on one of those big tricycles complete with his bunnies flag, don't mind that because he shows his colour. Have to laugh too; Eric Grothe's old man has his Parramatta flag permanently attached to his electric scooter along with two wooden spoons that one of his mates made for him.
There are a few Doggies up there too. Mick Basham and, I think Gary Stewart - both ex Doggies forwards moved up there; and they're not the only ones.
I know there's also a big Bunnies support around Cabarita St. I've seen the trike guy.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There are a few Doggies up there too. Mick Basham and, I think Gary Stewart - both ex Doggies forwards moved up there; and they're not the only ones.
I know there's also a big Bunnies support around Cabarita St. I've seen the trike guy.
Yeah, Mick has just retired as coach of the Forster/Tuncurry Hawks along with Dean his son. Good blokes. Dean as tough as his old man. Bob Doyle another ex Doggie was my husband's footy coach in Gloucester when he played for the Gloucester Magpies:original jersey in Dogs colours but then went to the old Wests colours.Mick Stone the ex ref is up here too and Paul Tycehurst is President of the Hawks. Cabarita Avenue is right in the middle of the " Mission"

N

Natboy

Last year when we played Souths at ANZ for their home game I sat in Level 4 above the Burrow. Souths won that game and when they scored their last try, rather than watch the game and cheer their team, the whole of the Burrow turned and gave it to all of us Bulldogs supporters on Level 4. I don't mind a bit of banter but your team has just scored a match-winning try - FFS just enjoy it!

I get that sense now from some Souths supporters - they seem more content on giving it to other supporters and being smug and arrogant rather than just enjoying their victory and a premiership. I know when we've won premierships in the past, I'm too busy celebrating and too happy to even consider being bitter towards the supporters of other teams.

Says a lot more about them than us.
I was there too. That was our free entry area hey. I wanted to shove that loud speaker down the blokes throat
They spent more time looking back at us than watching the actual game

Yeah, Mick has just retired as coach of the Forster/Tuncurry Hawks along with Dean his son. Good blokes. Dean as tough as his old man. Bob Doyle another ex Doggie was my husband's footy coach in Gloucester when he played for the Gloucester Magpies:original jersey in Dogs colours but then went to the old Wests colours.Mick Stone the ex ref is up here too and Paul Tycehurst is President of the Hawks. Cabarita Avenue is right in the middle of the " Mission"
I lived in Sunset Ave, nice and close to there haha. Pop was one of the old blokes always with a souths hat watching the hawks when Scott Hill played. How good was he!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dead set mate. My kids go to Forster public, beautiful pebbly Pebbly beach out front. Live at Green Point just out of town. Best of both worlds for me, quiet out of holiday time, quiet in holiday time. You can't miss me mate, always wearing Doggies gear. Seriously though there are quite a few of us up here.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I lived in Sunset Ave, nice and close to there haha. Pop was one of the old blokes always with a souths hat watching the hawks when Scott Hill played. How good was he![/QUOTE]

Know exactly where that is, my daughters have friends in Surfview Ave. Forgot about Scotty Hill. I remember the time he got smacked around the head with a fence post near the main street of Forster when he was back in town. Went to watch a few Hawks games this year, when Dogs games didn't clash. Mate they can draw a crowd. See Jamal Idris here too at times visiting Nan, not a lot lately though. How long since you been back up here?

Status
Not open for further replies.