Souths fans response to winning..

Status
Not open for further replies.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
So I have a fair few mates who are Souths' fans, have been their whole lives, their dads were etc etc.

One of them texted me last night with this pic:

So I did a bit of digging, found this article:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...m-the-brink-of-extinction-20120921-26c5z.html

I had no idea our club did this, shows that so many of those that hate us are either one of two things: haters of success or racist (sad but true fact). All we ever cop from them is 'the dogs are dirty, the dogs are cheats, the dogs fans are the worst in the comp' etc. They never look at what our club actually does, and if they do, they seem to ignore it..

The bandwagon souths fans could learn a thing or two from our great club

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I don't mind souths supporters..the ones who aren't bandwagonners anyway. A few shook my hand after the game which I thought was a great gesture. But no doubt they are the sydney club who attracts a lot of the fencesitters and bandwaggoners who just like to follow the winners. These people can get fukd

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A friend posted it on FB too....

Tbh, I also have quite a few mates who are Rabbitohs fans to varying degress, all of whom have been good winners. They have acknowledged the fact the dogs had some good wins to make the GF, and aldo their tenacity, particularly in the first half.

The only Sh!t i've had given to me is from people that follow other teams.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I knew most of that I did forget this -

Coorey revealed in Wednesday's Herald how the Bulldogs were the main rival to Russell Crowe's $42,000 bid for the bell used in the first league game in 1908 at an auction to raise funds for Souths' legal bills.
Former Canterbury Leagues Club boss Gary McIntyre was also sitting at the table of Bulldogs officials at the function, held at Sydney Convention Centre on November 9, 1999.
''I made quite clear to the compere, Ray Martin, and I am sure he announced it to the function that we never intended to keep the bell,'' McIntyre said. ''It was a very important symbol of rugby league and it was also a treasured item of the South Sydney club, so we were going to donate it back to them. Canterbury went to the function specifically to support Souths, financially and morally, during their darkest hour.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-extinction-20120921-26c5z.html#ixzz3FVH5UjhN

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
That sounds quite true. There is nothing worse than some bandwagoner carrying on when they don't know anything. I still think the Souths club were that desperate for a premiership and they went to great lengths to ensure they would win. Not a modest club whatsoever and I while I respect the Rabbitohs team I have come to hate the way their club conducts themselves. Definitely not my second team. They are grouped with the likes of Roosters in my hate scale.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Natboy

There would've been over 50,000 souths fans there on sunday plus seeing people with souths flags every where you go.
Where were all of those fans when they struggled to get 3000 people to a game? Definitely in the woodwork!
I've supported the dogs via attendance and financially through everything as many of you have
**** those cocky bad winners. I bet we win another 3 comps before they win another one

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I have more friends that are Souths supporters, than ones who are dogs supporters. They are all nice people. Never had an issue with Souths supporters. Newcastle and Manly supporters, well they are another story...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The only problem I've ever had with Souths is Inglis (Head Diving Champ), Luke (dirty grub of a player) and Crowe (absolute d'head of a person). I never got all the hatred so many people had against them. They're not a dirty team, they have a good coach and they deserved to win the Grand Final.

Sure I'm annoyed that we didn't win and we would have had more of a chance if the media, refs and everyone weren't in the Bunnies court but Souths themselves aren't a bad team. They deserved their win and most Bunnies supporters are happy without having to pick on us for the loss.

There's a few band wagoners on Facebook though. I've copped many people saying that Graham deliberately head butted people and that the Dogs are a dirty team. Most of them are Tigers supporters though so they probably won't even have a team in a year.

Run Again Son

Waterboy
Reaction score
That's the way our great club does things, quietly making a difference, holding true to its values, keeping a place for tradition. May it long continue.

Unfortunately, under Crowe, Souths have become utterly repulsive. Humiliation is just around the corner for this pretender.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly, there are actually people out there who dislike us. The trolls always come out to put the boot into the Bulldogs at every opportunity. It's a sport, and is supported by some sections of the media, as it saves the journo getting off his bar stool to write it up.

It just becomes so much background noise after a while. In reality it puts them down more than it does us.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
That's the way our great club does things, quietly making a difference, holding true to its values, keeping a place for tradition. May it long continue.

Unfortunately, under Crowe, Souths have become utterly repulsive. Humiliation is just around the corner for this pretender.
Giving you a thumbs up for the first paragraph and a thumbs down for the second one would have cancelled itself out so i wont bother. Crowe helped save the club, and if my repulsive you mean successful and attracting players like Inglis, then yeh they are pretty repulsive.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Souths are our only true brother club in the NRL, I don't mind them and etc so it didn't hurt as much losing a grand final to them as I know our history between us but the way Crowe and the media have carried on has made it not clear that our great clubs are brothers.

Crowe could of atleast said some more about our club during his time with Souths and the media well **** them lol they will never give us anything good, really disappointed in Crowe. If he is a true die hard fan then he should of prepared something special to thank our club on grandfinal day (what better occasion for our two great clubs?) for the help we gave them but oh well.

Its good to see some of their fans still remember what we did for them, I had a mate who goes for Souths calling our club and fan base grubs, dirty end etc so I kindly reminded him what our club has done for Souths and now he has respect for us and sees past the media when he thinks about our club lol.

I think if we ever get into the same position Souths would probably be the only team to help us out if we needed it.

Run Again Son

Waterboy
Reaction score
Giving you a thumbs up for the first paragraph and a thumbs down for the second one would have cancelled itself out so i wont bother. Crowe helped save the club, and if my repulsive you mean successful and attracting players like Inglis, then yeh they are pretty repulsive.
Happy for Souths to be successful, but can they do so with some humility? Crowe arrogantly believes one premiership marks a forthcoming dynasty. A club like ours understands that success really means long-term consistency, regardless of roster, regardless of the salary cap, regardless of injuries or any other excuse that losing clubs tend to throw up. Wests Tigers won a premiership once, too. Let's see where Souths are at in 5 years.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lady sitting 3 seats down from me got out of her seat and walked up to my seat and got right in my face, telling me sucked in you lost. It just shows how burnt they are after all these years of failure and how they have no idea how to actually celebrate a GF win.
As a result they can all get fked

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Happy for Souths to be successful, but can they do so with some humility? Crowe arrogantly believes one premiership marks a forthcoming dynasty. A club like ours understands that success really means long-term consistency, regardless of roster, regardless of the salary cap, regardless of injuries or any other excuse that losing clubs tend to throw up. Wests Tigers won a premiership once, too. Let's see where Souths are at in 5 years.
most clubs who win a comp carry on like its the start of a dynasty. Roosters did.

N

Natboy

Lady sitting 3 seats down from me got out of her seat and walked up to my seat and got right in my face, telling me sucked in you lost. It just shows how burnt they are after all these years of failure and how they have no idea how to actually celebrate a GF win.
I'd just say lucky you are technically a woman you trollop

most clubs who win a comp carry on like its the start of a dynasty. Roosters did.
That word just makes me think of Willie Mason saying it and it makes me cringe

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was she a looker? Had all her own teeth?

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep, I remember the Manly Back to Back threads they posted in 2012. The roosters also had threads saying they could win the next 5 comps in a row.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have mentioned in a previous thread that the Dogs and the Bunnies go way back when it came down to supporting each other, I remember in the 80's we were the only 2 clubs that refused to cite each others players due to any foul play which may have occurred when we played each other.
Both teams decided to leave it on the field, we will square it up next time we meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.