Southerly change appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Dear Light Rain,

Thanks for fucking up all the sweet comments I was getting for providing cool breeze to many.

Regards,
Southerly Wind

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
*In pirate voice* Thar be a storm brewing over the northern tablelands yarr.

It sounds angry but its not shedding tears yet. I'm contemplating donning my mankini and having a chilling soak in the banana lounge once the rain starts.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's here, in the south. And it's magnificent.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Todays 38 degree stinker will be blown away by a southerly this arvo. The southerly will be followed by a typical summer thunderstorm. Hey, I'll take a summer thunderstorm if that's what's required to blown away the heat. I actually like it when the thunder storms move away from being directly over us, and are moving out to sea - you can still hear them and see the lightning strikes, but it's not as loud as when they're over us.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Todays 38 degree stinker will be blown away by a southerly this arvo. The southerly will be followed by a typical summer thunderstorm. Hey, I'll take a summer thunderstorm if that's what's required to blown away the heat. I actually like it when the thunder storms move away from being directly over us, and are moving out to sea - you can still hear them and see the lightning strikes, but it's not as loud as when they're over us.
meant to be 40 hear i couldn't risk a work place accident with sweaty toes between the double pluggers so i gave myself the day off.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
meant to be 40 hear i couldn't risk a work place accident with sweaty toes between the double pluggers so i gave myself the day off.
Double pluggers? Just where do you work lol?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
37.7 in the woy with a stinking hot breeze time to talc the duck eggs and crack up.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bloody Southern Fairies,

Regards,
Queensland.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dear Queensland,

Apologies for failure to adapt to your hot and humid conditions, 24/7/365.

Regards,
Cooler New South Wales Weather System
Actually, I will admit the hottest i felt this summer was when I spent a night in Coonabarabran a couple of weeks ago. It was something like 43 degrees (much hotter in the sun) and I was staying in a tent in a caravan park, so no aircon (the local Coles was packed I think with people just hanging out near the freezer). It reminded of the days growing up in the Riverina where the road actually melted.

I looked forward to the sticky humidity of Brisbane!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Id much rather a heat wave than freezing cold days at least you can look forward to those southerly busters but in winter its just cold days followed by colder nights .. Brrr hate it

Status
Not open for further replies.