Opinion SOS Shane Flanagan

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is a tough one... maybe instill it in the contract based on results? Anyways fcuk Flannagan surely there is another coach out there...
Yeah that’s my point there’s better options with no baggage.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are the Man United of the NRL, so we obviously will not hire a coach with any sort of pedigree or track record.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Don't like him but can't be worse than this fraud.
Agree. Ennis loves him so does Luke Lewis... Bring those 2 in as assistants, as annoying as Ennis was today, he'd be better than Furner and would continue to help Mahoney

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was against it but I’m starting to warm to the idea

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sharks were pretty stable under him.. yes you can joke around and mention the drugs scandal lol but doesn’t take away from his coaching ability
They also had a stacked roster and made the finals regularly with Ricky Stuart before Flanagan took over.

People always say you need experienced coaches but not necessarily, you just need the right coach. Fitzgibbon is a rookie coach and look at how well Cronulla are going..

I'd rather get John Morris than Flanagan.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If you are in charge of the Bulldogs in recent years the first rule you must follow is hire the most inexperienced coaches available with zero track record, run the club as if you are a rival fan trying to destroy it from within.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sharks were pretty stable under him.. yes you can joke around and mention the drugs scandal lol but doesn’t take away from his coaching ability
The drugs scandal isn't a joke and will follow him and whatever club signs him the rest of his coaching career. It's not something you can just ignore because he won a comp.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The drugs scandal isn't a joke and will follow him and whatever club signs him the rest of his coaching career. It's not something you can just ignore because he won a comp.
If it was that serious they wouldve taken the premiership of Cronulla like they did with Melbourne

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People saying not to sign him cos of the doping scandal, bro I don’t give a fuck at this point if we gotta juice some players up to get a couple of wins I’m all for it

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Barrett looked good as an assistant at Penrith.. look how that turned out
Every coach comes with a risk to some degree. I just don’t think we need one with such a high amount of risk like Shane Flanagan has.