Rumour Something is brewing

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yea I think that would be a good start.
I dont agree that we should surrender that remaining top 30 spot to a guy the calibre of Herman. Good player but that is fraught with danger to bugger us up before August.

We have a fresh forward with fg experience sitting in mounties :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
How much go forward and aggression would our pack have with those three and Thompson? Sign a hooker and someone like Capewell on an edge and we're easily top 8 next season...
Dreaming but yeah great for 2022 :grinning:

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont agree that we should surrender that remaining top 30 spot to a guy the calibre of Herman. Good player but that is fraught with danger to bugger us up before August.

We have a fresh forward with fg experience sitting in mounties :grinning:
Unless Doorey can come in and take the first hit up, with a play the ball quickly with post contact metres...we need Herman for this year.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
How much go forward and aggression would our pack have with those three and Thompson? Sign a hooker and someone like Capewell on an edge and we're easily top 8 next season...
Who are you dropping to fit these guys in?

Be interesting to see your listed forward pack.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Vaughan would cost double. I'd probably prefer Bunty. Lui is pretty old. Rudolph would cost double and he'd be my main target but we need to sign 3 props. One marquee and two cheaper ones. So ideally Rudolph, Bunty and Ese Ese.. And yeah I would give him that last spot as props and a hooker are our biggest issues right now and Ese Ese is the only one available this season.
Get on the Bunty train!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
List your new forward pack please and s.c.
8: Thompson
9: Clark - 550k
10: Rudolph - 550k
11: Elliott
12: Capewell - 500k
13: Topine

14: Jackson
15: Ese Ese - 325k
16: Afoa - 375k
17: Hetherington

$2.3 million to fix our hooker and pack issues while leaving enough to make a run at Dufty for 500k at fullback..

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

$2.3 million to fix our hooker and pack issues while leaving enough to make a run at Dufty for 500k at fullback..
Like it but dont think we can afford antoerh 2 players at 500k. Rudolf priority out of the 2.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Like it but dont think we can afford antoerh 2 players at 500k. Rudolf priority out of the 2.
Maybe not.. Depends on how much the 15 off contract are on and how many minimum players we can convert to the top 30 squad to get as much cap space as possible.

Clarke, Rudolph and one of Afoa/Ese Ese/Hamlin-Uele are the priorities. Capewell would be a luxury but we need an edge player badly unless Topine is moved there as Waddell isn't a starter. Unless Talakai is a cheaper option on an edge?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Brilliant team for us for sure.

Have you worked in existing roster and Burto and Fox, a centre (at least) and our
remaining juniors?

If so, it looks the best possible realistic team we could assemble :grinning:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe not.. Depends on how much the 15 off contract are on and how many minimum players we can convert to the top 30 squad to get as much cap space as possible.

Clarke, Rudolph and one of Afoa/Ese Ese/Hamlin-Uele are the priorities. Capewell would be a luxury but we need an edge player badly unless Topine is moved there as Waddell isn't a starter. Unless Talakai is a cheaper option on an edge?
How this squad is even close to salary cap is beyond me.. and we know that it has to be at least 95% spent..

Seems as though the last lot fkd up more than dib and his crew did.....

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

How much the off contract 15 cost us has no bearing on how much SC we have left. It’s the 15 we have under contract we have to worry about.

People always make the mistake just because we are paying someone say 800 k if we let them go it does not mean we have 800k to spend to replace him.

We have other players signed for next year, and those 15 signed players may have year on year upgrades built in. It’s not a back ended deal when you increase the value in later years because you expect them to be worth more. Take avo for example
, probably will be on a larger deal next year compared to this year. Also Flanno contract I think was partly paid by roosters this year we have to pay full contract after that.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I hope there is alot brewing behind the scenes and I hope Tbaz and Warburton can land who they target
On the other thread there saying papehuyzen and grant are getting targeted for 2023 multimillion dollar deals I hope it’s true and burton signing an extension with us until 2026

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Herman Ese'ese wants out from Titans, what do we reckon?
Apparently he has lots of niggling injury issues that are hindering him. Could be false but that's what I heard