Some much needed perspective

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We thought we'd do better and execute. We are disappointed we didn't compete for 80 and didn't appear, in this game, to have markedly improved.

Back to the drawing board with expectations for our team but also sensing we will improve as the season rolls on. For the time being that has to be enough.
Well, it's a trial, fam. Always hard to gauge where a team is at based on trial form. I am hoping Ciraldo told Perham to keep spilling the pill and our forwards to keep giving away dumb penalties to lull the opposition into a false sense of security and that he really is not Barrett 2.0...lol

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your spelling is on par with flanges skills as a HB.
What starts with SH and ends with IT ?
Shellgrit
What starts with F and ends with UCK ?
Firetruck
What starts with D and end with ICK
Dick, can't you f..king spell

transom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We thought we'd do better and execute. We are disappointed we didn't compete for 80 and didn't appear, in this game, to have markedly improved.

Back to the drawing board with expectations for our team but also sensing we will improve as the season rolls on. For the time being that has to be enough.
They just didn't turn up at all

KakkaDog

Banned
Reaction score
I was going to seethe, but I looked into you, and now I will sneed

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol it was a trial against a top two side from last year, I can't believe how much people are losing their shiznickle, fam.
It's because we are looking at a scene that is all too familiar to us.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

The other thing i’d like to add here Wendy is we don’t ever want to see a winger, of all people, bully us. If Ronaldo tried that rubbish to our teams of the past, he would have been skewered and eaten up alive.

Mahoney at least took it upon himself to physically defend his teammate by shirt-fronting him causing players to rush in - but I ask the question, if there is a so called “deep connection and brotherhood”, Ronaldo should have had the entire team on his ar$e when he started intimidating Avo standing over him yelling in his ear. Unaccountable boys, where’s the passion??

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Does anybody think we may have been more competetive if we hadn't lost Kikau early and TPJ had played?
I think so, but our discipline was way off and we gave away cheap territory whilst defending long periods in testing conditions - short answer is definitively more competitive with those two fit and available, especially defensively. Kikau’s defence and his defensive reads are top notch, Sharks don’t score 2 or 3 of those edge tries if he’s there imo.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds - body won’t hold up to 80 mins of NRL week in week out. Not an organiser
Nu Brown - Starting halfback? Lol!
Oloapu - Too big to play halfback, too young, too similar to Burton
BBO - Too injured. Has had a crack. Worse than Flanagun
Rajab - Looked like he’s a long way off in Canberra trial.

Zero threats. I'm sitting pretty, baby. And when I say pretty, I mean pretty. Damn I'm fine!
Have to admit all of this is true sadly.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol in your dreams. There is literally no chance he gets dropped this season, so you’d best get on the support train, baby!
Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance ? Lol you've been dropped more times than I can remember!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance ? Lol you've been dropped more times than I can remember!
I was dropped by an idiot coach who would change his mind a dozen times about what was for dinner...and by Robbo, because I wasn't afraid to call him the cheque book coach he is, baby!

Lol at you loveable oafs thinking there's even the slightest possibility of me getting dropped this year.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The other thing i’d like to add here Wendy is we don’t ever want to see a winger, of all people, bully us. If Ronaldo tried that rubbish to our teams of the past, he would have been skewered and eaten up alive.

Mahoney at least took it upon himself to physically defend his teammate by shirt-fronting him causing players to rush in - but I ask the question, if there is a so called “deep connection and brotherhood”, Ronaldo should have had the entire team on his ar$e when he started intimidating Avo standing over him yelling in his ear. Unaccountable boys, where’s the passion??
I hear ya, but maybe the players showed restraint as they didn't want to risk getting suspended in a trial of all games.

But once the season starts, they better not stand for that shit because like you said, teams in years past would have turned Ronaldo into minced meat after how much he carried on. I can't imagine Shrek and Mase being happy about that when they saw it.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I hear ya, but maybe the players showed restraint as they didn't want to risk getting suspended in a trial of all games.

But once the season starts, they better not stand for that shit because like you said, teams in years past would have turned Ronaldo into minced meat after how much he carried on. I can't imagine Shrek and Mase being happy about that when they saw it.
Seriously, who carries on like that in a trial? lol....that dude is the loosest of cannons.