Opinion So the Morris Twins not good enough for Bulldogs Board ..geniuses

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What kind of shits me is it seems we can't attract any decent players but we already had 2 and we let them go. From what I read they wanted 2 year contracts but we were only willing to offer 1 year deals.
two year versus one year - it does look a bit stupid now if it came down to that

Dog R Us

Waterboy
Reaction score
The Morris bros wanted to stay 100%.. they offered themsleves to re-sign as a package deal to the club on a discount..

Club admin said no as they wanted to blood kids..

It had nothing to do about salary cap..
Im sure this is correct - they were told it was time for them to move on. Brett Morris actually contacted St George to go back and finish his career with them but they had no interest so he was heading to the UK as he had no offers until the Roosters got him.

Anyhow no point in banging on about it now.....look forward

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. We already have enough to worry about, like the present and future.
I agree with you but we live in past because they were our glory days when we had sponsors queuing up to get their names on our jumper, when were the pride of the league, when commentator's praised us & every other team feared us and our games were constantly televised because they were always entertaining.The present is as bad as it gets, we have no sponsor no exciting players a third grade coach in charge of a local park team, we turned to a board that has promised us so much but delivered nothing, we have become the laughing stock of the league, nobody fears us, they see us as gift to points & a training run for their players who just toy with us like tonight - , ( Robinson was filthy with his players 4 letting us score ), We are easybeats. The future well... maybe if we had a some crooked operator on our board like Nick Polities who will stop at nothing to give his team & their supporters another Premiership, then I would look forward to the future but with the rabble we have running our club, who can't even run their own business 's properly I can't see much of a future. They give the loyal supporters nothing. Every thing that happens at our club we have to speculate through rumors, not once has any one from the board made a statement or uttered some word of reassurance to fans & members, telling us where, why, how & what their plans are for the future of the club, The silence is deafening. If the Bullfrog was still around we would never have got to this point, but his family don't seem to give a dam & as a result we the fans have had to eat shit for years now...…. I Really hope I'm wrong & I'm sorry for sounding so Moore bid but I find it very depressing & tonight was the icing on the cake for me.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I remember saying to my Knights mates before the twins announced they'd be leaving Belmore that their club would be fucking stupid not to sign them. Nah they said... They are old as fuck and should retire, way past their best etc...

They needed quality experienced backs as they were leaking points on the edge alot. Could have had a premiership winning side with those two on board imo as they would make live so much easier for Pearce and Ponga... The Roosters weren't dumb though and saw their value.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We need a fresh 7-13.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I agreed in not resigning the twins.

If we had we wouldn't have blooded Averillo.

We will benefit in future if as seems he is given this year in FG.

I've seen enough of the current backs to believe that only Hoppa, R.Smith, Averillo, DWZ, is there another young back we can blood due to losing the 2 at the start of the year?, Wakeham and Foran should be fitted into our backline.

As for the forwards, Thompson can't come soon enough and lets see Katoa given some time.
Finally someone with sense in all this blood letting

Malla

Reaction score
Not mad at releasing these 2.

I think they're just beneficiaries of playing on a superior team with excellent playmakers around them. Josh was shit house at Sharks too, dont forget. Put a plug anywhere on that Roosters team and they'll perform. Culture there is different.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We don’t even blood kids as a result. The twins look good with better players surrounding them. Somehow, the Morris twins are a first choice for back to back premiers but not good enough for the bottom place Bulldogs. We should have tried our best to retain them.

Imagine

Hoppa
Smith
DWZ
Jmoz
Bmoz
That backline is shit. Hoppa smith and dallin are reserve graders.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What kind of shits me is it seems we can't attract any decent players but we already had 2 and we let them go. From what I read they wanted 2 year contracts but we were only willing to offer 1 year deals.
And maybe if we signed them to 2 year deals we could have lost a player like Averilo. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
the morris boys were off contract they chose to leave

i don't blame them
At there age they left looking to play at better teams chasing premierships
At their age don't you think a wad of cash might be up there with a premiership

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make no mistake Kerrod Holland and Reimis Smith would look like superstars if they played on this Roosters team too

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Were still good enough to build a team around, not hock off for cap space.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
extra dollars does nothing when your getting flogged week in week out
Other players looking on too. They all want a premiership. Its a highlight of your footy career.

The twins weren't anywhere near as involved with us. Great players but they did it tough with us compared to Rorters. Look at all the extra room they have as one example.

Its gonna take 6-8 years for us to get to Rorters level...not at all if Pay is the coach.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe it;s just me but I didn't think the Mozzies did much out of the ordinary in the game. FFS JMoz got run down by Lewis, who everyone on here claims is turtle slow.

Go Dogs

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We lose the Morris boys who are turning 34 this season but keep players like Averillo and people blow up

We keep the Morris boys who are turning 34 this season but lose players like Averillo and people blow up