So is this year a write off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Given the major shake up coming at the end of the year, the club going for the big 4 (now big 2) , Cronk, Foran all up for grabs, key off-contracted bulldog player's future is in the limbo and they are un certain about next years at dogs, surely this will make a lot of players go down in moral and wont play with intensity as they will feel hard done by the club.

I am talking about players like Hoppa, Liccha, Reynolds, Graham who play key positions and for them to not put 100% given their contract situation , this year is going to be another downer and a write off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This could also be the trigger that lites the fire under the players to go all the way and finally win a Premiership. How many times have we seen players play out of their skin fighting for a new contract???

what if all the off contract players sign off else where before the end of the season, do you think they will put their body on the line for future games, given they know their future is already secured elsewhere?

specially Hoppa, given how unprofessional he became at the end at Eels.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
what if all the off contract players sign off else where before the end of the season, do you think they will put their body on the line for future games, given they know their future is already secured elsewhere?

specially Hoppa, given how unprofessional he became at the end at Eels.
There is always the chance of that happening but it also leaves who ever these discarded Bulldogs are with a point to prove. On the question of Hoppa , Hoppa became unprofessional the moment he decided not to play Sundays!!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Despite what people like @Interestingg say, i never thought for a minute this year would be a write off. Were barely a quarter of the way into the year, and despite the fact that we have had a number of injuries and constant turmoil off the field, we are still managing to hold things together in what is a very tough competition.

The season is still young, anything could happen. But i for one think that all the distractions should actually focus the players. Well at least it is the kind of thing that would have done in the past.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The year being a write off all depends on who we sign throughout the season. Lets say that by round 10 we have signed Woods and Tedesco then we should use the rest of the year to asses were players like Mbye fit in and if he makes a better 5/8 or Hooker and if we sign Woods then we obviously are going to have to let go of a forward and if thats Eastwood then players like Elliot and Rfm should be given more play time to get ready.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was a write off before a ball was kicked and mr haslers obsession with playing people out of position.
4 forwards on the bench my arse

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Given the major shake up coming at the end of the year, the club going for the big 4 (now big 2) , Cronk, Foran all up for grabs, key off-contracted bulldog player's future is in the limbo and they are un certain about next years at dogs, surely this will make a lot of players go down in moral and wont play with intensity as they will feel hard done by the club.

I am talking about players like Hoppa, Liccha, Reynolds, Graham who play key positions and for them to not put 100% given their contract situation , this year is going to be another downer and a right off.
We aren't the other club with rumours surrounding player recruitment and offloading, piss poor excuse by the players if they use this to give up on the season

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This could also be the trigger that lites the fire under the players to go all the way and finally win a Premiership. How many times have we seen players play out of their skin fighting for a new contract???
Exhibit A: Wests Tigers

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You know what'd be funny ?
If all this talk fires up our current team and we jag a premireship this year, after releasing 4 of our players for next season.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
As much as i love the dogs and I stupidly think we will win every game even though i know we won't.

Anyone who actually thinks we had a chance of winning the premiership this year, really needs their head checked big time. Lack of a quality team, poor coaching structures etc. No way we were in with a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
As much as i love the dogs and stupidly think we will win every game even though i know we want.

Anyone who actually thinks we had a chance of winning the premiership this year, really needs their head checked big time. Lack of a quality team, poor coaching structures etc. No way we were in with a chance.
As much as I know we won't win the premiership this year I still think we can.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That didn't happen with Dorothy the Dinosaur!
He never played outside his lizard skin!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Any year with Des is a write off. And two years after that for the next guy who has to try and clean up his mess and backended contracts which limit how they can spend moving forward.

The whole club is a write off at the moment!

Status
Not open for further replies.