Slow Recovery for RFM

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bad luck for RFM. People can joke all they want, but it's not his fault he's had bad luck with injuries and now has this horrible injury that's required more complicated surgeries.

His career is looking in jeopardy which is a shame because he's a talented player that should still have several years left in him.

I feel for any player that works their ass off to overcome injuries like this and keep having to get surgeries because of complications. All he'd want to do is play footy and be out there with the boys again.
Head up Ray, good luck with the rehab.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bad luck for RFM. People can joke all they want, but it's not his fault he's had bad luck with injuries and now has this horrible injury that's required more complicated surgeries.

His career is looking in jeopardy which is a shame because he's a talented player that should still have several years left in him.

I feel for any player that works their ass off to overcome injuries like this and keep having to get surgeries because of complications. All he'd want to do is play footy and be out there with the boys again.
Head up Ray, good luck with the rehab.
Well said mate

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
That’s all we can do… wish him well in his recovery & hopefully he can lead a normal life once his career is over. He comes across as a good team mate.. on his day… he’s an absolute beast.
Unfortunately we didn’t see it consistently.

Medically retire him Bulldogs… pay him out, then use his Top 30 spot to bring someone else in

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s all we can do… wish him well in his recovery & hopefully he can lead a normal life once his career is over. He comes across as a good team mate.. on his day… he’s an absolute beast.
Unfortunately we didn’t see it consistently.

Medically retire him Bulldogs… pay him out, then use his Top 30 spot to bring someone else in
Dose anyone know if and when he is likely to come back

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dose anyone know if and when he is likely to come back
I don't think anyone would be able to give a definitive answer on that because there are more complications and setbacks.

At this stage we have to assume he won't play this year and just hope that he gets his leg sorted for his personal short term and long term health before even thinking about footy.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Medical retirement comes to mind. Sorry but that is the brutal reality of the NRL
Sadly for Ray it's looking more likely all the time. The club have stood by him and hoped he can overcome the injury, but it's looking more and more like he won't be able to.

Edit: Just had a quick read about 'navicular fractures' and it's a worry that there wasn't any mention of complications. Now, it could be because the article isn't talking about athletes and it does sound reasonably likely to me (logically) that this injury is prone to issues, because it says the bone takes all of your body weight. Add to that running and you start to get an idea how this has been a real bitch to,overcome for Ray. That said, the article I'm referring to, said that non-surgical treatment is often possible and I also assume that plenty of athletes have had the injury before and overcome it, but who knows? Maybe the nature of it being just in front of your heel and the amount of running footy players do, it's logically going to be difficult to come good. Especially if there's issues with bone knitting as Ray has had.

Last edited:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I want to know how u can run on only 50% of your body weight. Wtf?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I want to know how u can run on only 50% of your body weight. Wtf?
Like when Goku goes to Namek and trains in the spaceship using the gravity machine except there isn't a spaceship but instead a treadmill and it uses air pressure to reduce weight rather than manipulate gravity. Actually it isn't like when Goku went to Namek..

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Like when Goku goes to Namek and trains in the spaceship using the gravity machine except there isn't a spaceship but instead a treadmill and it uses air pressure to reduce weight rather than manipulate gravity. Actually it isn't like when Goku went to Namek..
Thanks for erm... clearing that up for me

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Namek/Frezia arc was so good. Seeing Goku go Super Saiyan for the first time on tv will be one thing I'll never forget.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly think you may live in a spaceship for real Marley, I have nfi who those tiprats even are :tearsofjoy:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To quote the great Benaud after that Gatting ball but re: myself
"He still doesn't know what is happening" lol

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He would of been very handy right now, it’s a real shame!!!

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sad for RFM. It's turned into one of those never ending horror injuries that looks like ending his career. The club and he need to put his welfare first now after the latest setback.

So it looks like it's Waddell all year now. Won't mind at all if he plays like last week but most of his previous stuff has been ordinary.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Very sad for RFM. It's turned into one of those never ending horror injuries that looks like ending his career. The club and he need to put his welfare first now after the latest setback.

So it looks like it's Waddell all year now. Won't mind at all if he plays like last week but most of his previous stuff has been ordinary.
Well it's a new year and his 2nd with us so I think he can be pretty good, maybe Baz isn't so shit with having an opinion of him.100 times more value than RFM even if he played poorly(like every one else)last year..
Hopefully one of the younger guys can step up if needed, don't think Turahui is ready yet we're a bit skinny for edge forwards too.I suppose Stimson would also be in the mix

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Well shit. Feel really bad for Ray. Usually in this situation I’d want the medical retirement and cap relief but won’t be upset if he comes good and gets his career back on track, even with another team.
Sucks for us but he’s a great player when fit. Terrible luck with injury ever since that stupid U.S test.