Slow Recovery for RFM

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still blame Des for releasing Shaun Lane in order to sign RFM....

Nice guy RFM but we really havent got anywhere near our share of value out of him. Hope he gets a chance to play again.
Its true as nice as he is unless he plays this year its bye bye

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I still blame Des for releasing Shaun Lane in order to sign RFM....

Nice guy RFM but we really havent got anywhere near our share of value out of him. Hope he gets a chance to play again.
Yes and no

The Warriors didn’t get the best out of him. He also freely admitted him leaving the dogs was his own fault - grew an ego after making grade, leading to his demise with the Dogs.

For all the great form Lane has been in the past couple of years, it took him 3 years after leaving us to get it a level of consistency in line with his potential.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes and no

The Warriors didn’t get the best out of him. He also freely admitted him leaving the dogs was his own fault - grew an ego after making grade, leading to his demise with the Dogs.

For all the great form Lane has been in the past couple of years, it took him 3 years after leaving us to get it a level of consistency in line with his potential.
Lane shits on RFM

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Goes
The sad part is, his earlier years with us were hit with injury. In 2020, he virtually played the entire season. 2021 could of been a good year for him, but that injury really crueler him.

He’s still played 70 odd games with us over a 5 year period.
Goes to show that luck will determine who will become a superstar, and not just raw talent.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At first, based on form. I would say we got the better part of the deal. Lane was garbage at the Warriors and started slow at Manly.

Now though? Of course Lane is going better. No doubt.
Anyone would do better if they are running the 'lines' that Lane does.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Goes

Goes to show that luck will determine who will become a superstar, and not just raw talent.
Yeah - I think it’s a combination of luck, skill, strict diet and good genes (which could be thrown in under luck).

JMoz mentioned on a podcast he never suffered a hamstring injury until he was 32 odd. That’s great genes, especially considering how synonymous hammys are with speedsters

James Graham and Cam Smith - they played in excess over 400 games and barely missed any game time through injury. I firmly believe the experience they amassed, they learnt how to play at a high level and avoid injury - whether that be through tackle technique, run style etc.

Brett Firman is one who could of been anything - and if I remember correctly, he uses to drown his injury woes in kegs of beer, hindering his rehab. And on the flip side, Cronk and Minichello. If you get a chance, look into Mini and his rehab after his back injuries and what he did to get it all right.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes and no

That's all she wrote !

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Can speak from experience… foot ops are a bitch. I had to have both my feet reconstructed plates screws, tendons moved. They even cracked my heel in half and shifted it half a cm cause my feet were basically collapsing on themselves. They did 1 foot at a time and it took a good 12 months to fully recover. Below are a few photos. Thankfully I didn’t have to have a bone graft but I can tell you it is a slow recovery and even when it has healed you are still cautious cause you are worried that one wrong step could screw everything up and you have to go through it all again!! 9C4053AD-FD65-4AE6-8958-F0F78B38804E.jpgIMG_1918.JPGImage1641078177.557226.jpg

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can speak from experience… foot ops are a bitch. I had to have both my feet reconstructed plates screws, tendons moved. They even cracked my heel in half and shifted it half a cm cause my feet were basically collapsing on themselves. They did 1 foot at a time and it took a good 12 months to fully recover. Below are a few photos. Thankfully I didn’t have to have a bone graft but I can tell you it is a slow recovery and even when it has healed you are still cautious cause you are worried that one wrong step could screw everything up and you have to go through it all again!! View attachment 36591View attachment 36592View attachment 36593
Fuck that! Ouch!!!

B-Town Lad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Spoke to Ray recently. Sadly it sounds as though he’s as good as finished. Resigned to the fact his body won’t allow him to get back to the level he was at a few years ago, but will consider simply getting back into FG and “doing a job for the boys” an accomplishment.

Godspeed, Raymond.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
But will he be the same player after all this, or a bit shy when taking the ball up, and going in to tackle an big opponent?
People are often more cautious after a major injury.