Opinion Skelton

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has a knack of getting suspended at the wrong time. May have played the last 2 weeks if not. Doubt CC would drop xerri though after 1 game. Also Wilson is probs still ahead in the peaking order. He was very good though and suits CCs game plan. Joash Papalii was very good too. May be a chance he replaces Taafe. I’d say that is a 50/50 chance other option being keeping Crichton there.
If we don't give Skelton a run soon another club will scoop him up, I would like to see Wilson at Fullback and Skelton on the wing although I've been told he is on suspension, does anyone know if this is true? if not CC is crazy not to give this guy a run in FG he could be another Siebo for us. our Super coach seems to be dead set against this guy, and I don't know why?

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I would be very annoyed if he goes to another club. He has a big future in NRL

I love Fox but we really don't need him.

Skelton, Xerri and Eli Clark can all do a job for us on much lower contracts.

Sent from my SM-A736B using Tapatalk
RIP RAZOR RAMON

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matto been poor to start this year but offloading JAC for a better need is the priority. Win win for both teams imo but nothing blockbuster unless Matto reaches that SOO form
I have a hunch jac will finish his career with south Sydney. Wonder if there's anyone their we could trade him for.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I have a hunch jac will finish his career with south Sydney. Wonder if there's anyone their we could trade him for.
I would take Davvy Moale, untapped potential there. Another gun forward they have in reserves / injured atm is backrower Ben Lovett.

With Souths squad though it's very hard to make a fair trade with Fox, unless they are willing to give up someone like Tatola.

Last edited:

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be very annoyed if he goes to another club. He has a big future in NRL

I love Fox but we really don't need him.

Skelton, Xerri and Eli Clark can all do a job for us on much lower contracts.

Sent from my SM-A736B using Tapatalk
This. He will be one of those players everyone comments on and says the bulldogs didn’t believe in him or some shit like that. So much potential

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I just seen this bloke ran 300 metres in NSW cup, every time i see the cup, hes huge for us on a wing, is his defence that bad he doesnt deserve a shot? I know we are stacked currently for wingers but this guy is damaging, feels wrong him still being in cup
We have enough trouble scoring we can’t leak points.
Pointless trying to play a game of scoring more than we leak we loose every time.
That said he does deserve a go.
Wilson is a great player but we are up against the best this week, love to see Skelton run at Meaney!
Hopefully CC is not bullshitting us about the process and we play with that attitude displayed in the first half of the roosters game.
If we do that does not matter who plays!

Last edited:

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Skelton's strength in attack (size, strength, momentum), is his weakness in defense, that and the iffy hands. he can't turn and chase when he misses a read coming forward or fumbles a ball behind him. And as MUCH as vast swathes of the Kennel would like to have a circle-jerk over a Xerri/Skelton edge ("OMG, they're both so STRONG, so BUFF!!!"), that edge would be targeted defensively, 100% and peppered with grubbers forcing Xerri and Skelton down low to test their slips fielding. Everyone including me banged on for years about the last "physical specimen" Knockonbor not being able to turn and chase. His contract finally ends, we move him on, then people want to get straight back on the same ride with a Xerri/Skelton edge. As far as JAC and Wilson's defense: No. neither would make it anywhere near a list of the games top defenders out wide. But at least when they MAKE a mistake, they can turn and chase quickly without having to work through every gear like the big boys.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Skelton is a very robust player who runs hard. However, he has the turning circle similar to the Queen Mary.
His defence is suspect, so he wont make it as a forward.
He should never get selected whenever Wilson is available.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't see him being re-signed - also have a feeling he'll end up in England and kill it there. Unless dogs start selecting from this round and onwards.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I can't see him being re-signed - also have a feeling he'll end up in England and kill it there. Unless dogs start selecting from this round and onwards.
Would be a good shout for him to replace Waqa Blake at StHelens if England was a legitimate option for him

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Skelton is a very robust player who runs hard. However, he has the turning circle similar to the Queen Mary.
His defence is suspect, so he wont make it as a forward.
He should never get selected whenever Wilson is available.
I approve of this as a Wilson supporter.

When fully fit I'm all for Mann at 13, Curran up front, so that Skelton could be 14. Won't go into all the reasons why, but having him at 14 stops the need for Salmon at centre ever again.