News Six Tackles With Gus Podcast

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'm picking up what your putting down Bro :laughing:
To help get it done @utility half should get involved on Adam's behalf.
Wont happen, bro. I bumped into Gus today while picking up essentials at the supermarket. Asked him what he thought about Elliott. His exact words -“love the guy. I’m
Mad for him.”

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This definitely is the right way going about it !!!
But the challenge would be to move on the contracted players that aren't performing !!!
Does Gus have much of a history in moving on "contracted" players (and saving money and/or thereby strengthening the roster that way)?

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we may not have long left until we bow out this season but gould's speech to the players about having something to play for might just be a bit of a spark to help us to avoid the spoon. We have a pretty reasonable draw for the remaining rounds and will be a good chance to win a few games if we improve on the last 2 weeks

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"give those already on their roster a chance to "make a statement", new footy boss Phil Gould has revealed.
Isn't his how we re-signed Lichaa based on a few good performances?

I hope we don't make the same mistake.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Listening and watching how he talks and the difference with what he did starting at the panthers, they were in a massive hole, financially and nearly kicked out of the comp, and he didn’t know what the roll was when he took over, here we are financially in a good place and have a salary cap he can work off, I also think during his time with this club he will want a premiership while he’s there, so he may go harder than he did at the panthers and feel a lot more free to do so!!
Need to start getting all the blue and whites to get there memberships in next yr people, let’s get support from everywhere for this club!!!!
I don't think the Panthers would have ever been kicked out of the comp. If Gus wasn't there they would have gone cap in hand to Lew Zivanovic to help out. He has the cash & the business acumen to do it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Think Cronulla picked up a few Panthers this way didn’t they?
Like Lewis and Wade Graham. I feel like there was another player but could be wrong. Actually nvm, Graham left earlier.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder.
So there's hope yet that the perennial underperformers can get cut if they don't perform :grinning:
Yeah well Gus will not take any bullshit that's for sure wendog, maybe Gus can trade Elliott for Joe Tapine that would be a great out come.

Next minute.....utility the floor is yours :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah well Gus will not take any bullshit that's for sure wendog, maybe Gus can trade Elliott for Joe Tapine that would be a great out come.

Next minute.....utility the floor is yours :grinning:
Wanted to give you a Like....but....am afraid Utility would start a new "poor Adam Elliott" thread lol