Sivo at fulltime

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He looked very sheepish walking off too!
Did you come down for the game?
I was so sorry to hear about Sue. I didn’t realise she had gone downhill so much since I’d seen her. Very sad loss
No due to COVID we are not going to games. Yep sad about Sue, lovely person.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
No due to COVID we are not going to games. Yep sad about Sue, lovely person.
That’s fair enough. Baa did a short video tribute to Sue. Was very nice

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Annersley reckons Sivo’s arm was throwing the ball in a backwards motion and can’t explain how it ended up going forward! He also said the obstruction call was wrong. Means fuck all now after the event.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/08/03/graham-annesley-weekly-football-briefing---round-12/
LOL everyone else seems to think it's forward. Seriously people who thought he was going to change things (or clean up the 'corruptness') is having a laugh. Money always wins.

Just another puppet.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Did anyone get sacked for the incorrect try ruling? He sacked a couple last week.

The obstruction rule is a blight on the game. Matter of fact the NRLol as Assassin puts it is a blight on Rugby league.

If the officialdom continuously get it wrong, then the system is wrong. We bag the bunker, however the best thing to happen was the bunker, as it clearly pushes these puppet's in the corner and makes them look like complete imbeciles. It was provided as a tool not a miracle maker.

Its like driving a Ferrari without a proper driver.
Annersley reckons Sivo’s arm was throwing the ball in a backwards motion and can’t explain how it ended up going forward! He also said the obstruction call was wrong. Means fuck all now after the event.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/08/03/graham-annesley-weekly-football-briefing---round-12/

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That’s fair enough. Baa did a short video tribute to Sue. Was very nice
So sorry that we missed it. Had been sick for such a long time but pushed on regardless.Loved talking to Sue.... good for a laugh and called a spade a spade. Never forget GF day in the Canterbury Cup in 2018 vs Newtown. Nearly snapped the poor lady clean in half at full time with a bear hug after we won.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The other I notice now is how the play the ball no longer requires a player to touch the ball with his foot. We've been penalised in the past while in attack for not putting a foot on the ball, but I see attacking players getting away it against us all the time.

Also some of the top sides now have a player standing to the side of the play the ball, acting as a blocker on the fifth, so they can get a kick away by being in the way of the marker. Seems a deliberate off side in attack is no longer a penalty.
The good old loitering in the ruck...watch the Chooks do it...Jake Friend JWH or Cordner are all champs at it....Fafita is an expert of play the ball without a touch....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Annesley is not fibbing when he says he was at a loss to explain how the ball went forward.......he is at a loss to explain anything when it comes to his officials decisions. At least he took ownership of the obstruction play because THAT needed no explanation...but it needed proper and correct action by his onfield officials at the time it occurred...

Does not matter one little bit whether he construes it as a pass he threw it with his right arm

The NRL has admitted Canterbury were hard done by in yesterday's 18-16 loss to Parramatta, confirming a disallowed try to the Bulldogs should have been awarded.

However, the governing body's head of football, Graham Annesley, backed referee Chris Sutton over another controversial moment that occurred on the final play of the match.

With the Eels leading by two points as the siren sounded, the Bulldogs kicked downfield, with Eels winger Maika Sivo collecting the ball and throwing it into touch. Replays showed the ball travelled forward by some distance, with suggestions the Eels should have been penalised for a deliberate forward pass.

That would have allowed the Bulldogs to have a shot at goal to level the scores and send the match into extra time.

In explaining the decision at his weekly briefing, Annesley was at a loss to explain how the ball went so far forward.

"It's not a pass, he throws it into touch. He's got the ball in his right arm, I ask you to look at the motion of his right arm as he throws it," he said.

"His hand comes right around in front of his chest. The ball, in some kind of way that I can't explain, goes on a banana pass.

"It goes on some kind of arc when he throws it. I can't explain the physics of that."

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn't I say that nothing was going to happen. Scumamatta still got their 2pts, and cause it was a Sutton, no penalty to him either for being a corrupt ****. NRL continues with its corruption and stiff shit to you Dogs supporters....let's go to the next round so that we can bend you over again. In the meantime, you can hear a pin drop in our head office!

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didn't I say that nothing was going to happen. Scumamatta still got their 2pts, and cause it was a Sutton, no penalty to him either for being a corrupt c***. NRL continues with its corruption and stiff shit to you Dogs supporters....let's go to the next round so that we can bend you over again. In the meantime, our you can hear a pin drop in our head office!
Well, they were never going to lose their points; and we were never going to get them. Let's hope that it makes referees understand that it's not just the Dogs' fans watching them.

I still don't understand why that try was not referred - they refer every try we ever score.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He looked very sheepish walking off too!
Did you come down for the game?
I was so sorry to hear about Sue. I didn’t realise she had gone downhill so much since I’d seen her. Very sad loss
Hey Natboy
Are you talking about the same Sue that comes from Newcastle "white hair lady" ?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well, they were never going to lose their points; and we were never going to get them. Let's hope that it makes referees understand that it's not just the Dogs' fans watching them.

I still don't understand why that try was not referred - they refer every try we ever score.
Chris Sutton has been heavily criticised in the media lately for referring every decision to the bunker. I think he tried to be clever but failed

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nice mate, thank you for posting that.

A little tear when Baa said she would be with the boys against Parramatta. People like Sue make a nice, lasting impression on you and I for one will certainly miss the chats we had at the games and the enthusiasm she showed for the Bulldogs. When I finally get back to the footy I shall drop in on the lovely ladies that sat with her each week at ANZ. No doubt they will be missing her something fierce.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Chris Sutton has been heavily criticised in the media lately for referring every decision to the bunker. I think he tried to be clever but failed
Clever never...failed certainly....