Sivo at fulltime

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nrl to investigate

What a joke, they won't investigate shit. Just like they won't do shit about that bullshit obstruction call on RFM.
Whether Foran challenged it or not doesn't matter. Even if he challenged it, they're not going to give the try, it would just be a scrum.
The Sutton brothers are disgrace to the game and today highlighted that.
7-1 penalty count in the first half... get fucked.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This was the conversation in our household immediately after. This is the Josh Reynolds incident where he was penalised.

It wouldn't have made a difference, but the fact that they didn't err when it came to us, but let this one go is just galling. Points to the obvious bias there is in the referring ranks

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was at the game and tend to ignore crowd calls of “get em onside” as you constantly hear it and it’s generally one sided favouring the home team and both teams are usually guilty of it. At today’s game Parra were offside and pathetically slow getting off the tackled dogs. We were kept back almost 15 metres and didn’t get away with anything. The Sutton family can all go and get fucked. Corrupt pricks
The length of the 10m is one of the big levelers that refs use. I didn't pay attention to it this week as I often do. But when one team is only going back 10 metres and the other 10-15 it gives the advantage of momentum to one pack in a huge way. We still should have closed out a game we dominated in every aspect bar the score though.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was the conversation in our household immediately after. This is the Josh Reynolds incident where he was penalised.

It wouldn't have made a difference, but the fact that they didn't err when it came to us, but let this one go is just galling. Points to the obvious bias there is in the referring ranks
Happened right in front of me ... one of the many examples why Reynolds departure was celebrated by so many!
Losing in extra time by one point add salt to the wounds.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sivo at the fulltime siren passed the ball deliberately forward into the crowd while still in the field of play... should have been a penalty on the siren
Did anyone notice?
The problem was Jackson didn't even call it out. I was at the game and was looking at it through the binoculars and it was obvious the bunker informed the ref that there was a problem. The ref put his whistle in his mouth to blow time off, pending a proper review of the incident by the bunker. Then King Gutho ran over to the ref and clearly was suggesting cmon ref the game was over the game was over. As no Bulldogs were complaining he blew the whistle for full time and stretched out his arms to signify time. Missed opportunity to review this situation.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I read the article about it. It mentions the obstruction call that disallowed the try in the first half, doesn't mention the knock on by Sivo also in the first half, but says Annesley will have questions to ask in Sutton's review. Not good enough really. The referees get away with this garbage ad nauseum and nothing is done. This kind of thing is gradually eroding the NRL fan base. This year viewing numbers are apparently down by around 25%. 8% of that is meant to be as a result of the fact that Queensland teams are all doing poorly. But given that people are restricted to he a lot more, it should mean that viewing numbers should be higher.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NRL to investigate an Eels’ pass that could have set up a grand stand finish against Bulldogs

The NRL will investigate Eels winger Maika Sivo’s final play in Sunday’s win over the Bulldogs, reports The Sydney Morning Herald.

The Eels led 18-16 and in the final seconds of the game, Sivo threw what looked to be a forward pass over the sideline, which should have seen the Bulldogs awarded a penalty and given them a chance to level up scores and take the game into golden point.

Sivo collected a Lachie Lewis kick and ran towards the sideline before he deliberately threw it out. Replays then showed the pass was forward.

Referee Chris Sutton spoke to sideline official Belinda Sharpe but both weren’t in position to make a confident call so Sutton blew the whistle to call full time.

“Hold on Waz... it was close that he threw the ball out and it nearly went forward. It would have been a deliberate forward pass,” Fox League commentator Michael Ennis said.

Wests Tigers utility and former Bulldog Josh Reynolds was penalised in 2014 for a similar offence when he threw a deliberate forward pass while running the clock down in the first half of a match against the Titans.

NRL head of football Graham Annesley will have more to unpack from Sunday’s match between the Bulldogs and Eels.

The Bulldogs looked to have scored their first try of the match when Marcelo Montoya crossed over in the corner only for an obstruction to be called. However, replays showed that Mitchell Moses had made a defensive decision and unfortunately for the Bulldogs they chose not to challenge the call.

Ennis believes it was a blunder on the referee’s behalf and Annesley will need to “ask questions” of him.

“There was a moment in the first half where I think Graham Annesley is going to have to ask questions of referee Chris Sutton,” he said.

The line-run on the edge from (Raymond) Faitala-Mariner and Mitchell Moses made a clear defensive decision to come in on Faitala-Mariner and Montoya scored in the corner. It would have taken the game to 6-4 or 6-all at that stage. Parramatta ended up going on with it in the back end of that half but that was a big moment.

“Kieran Foran was spoken to by Chris Sutton and said ‘do you want to challenge it?’ Foran didn’t do that so the onus was on the captain but at the same time, time and time again we see these checked particularly in try-scoring moments and it was a clear blunder. I expect that something will be said about it tomorrow (in Annesley’s weekly review).”

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

The other I notice now is how the play the ball no longer requires a player to touch the ball with his foot. We've been penalised in the past while in attack for not putting a foot on the ball, but I see attacking players getting away it against us all the time.

Also some of the top sides now have a player standing to the side of the play the ball, acting as a blocker on the fifth, so they can get a kick away by being in the way of the marker. Seems a deliberate off side in attack is no longer a penalty.

Reactions: DT

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We probably would have kicked for touch then attempted a field goal to lose by 1..knowing our smarts this year
Yep, the Fox commentators noticed, and called it for a professional foul. But what would we have done with the ball in three seconds?

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at the game and tend to ignore crowd calls of “get em onside” as you constantly hear it and it’s generally one sided favouring the home team and both teams are usually guilty of it. At today’s game Parra were offside and pathetically slow getting off the tackled dogs. We were kept back almost 15 metres and didn’t get away with anything. The Sutton family can all go and get fucked. Corrupt pricks
Again.. I've said it time and time again.. we need a dummy half who throws his hands in the air and yells at the ref EVERY time the op is in a tackle for more than 2 seconds.

The ref will do Diddley squat if he thinks we don't care - as seen throughout this season.

Get the ref looking at what's going on when we are tackled... If the dh arms are up every second will seem so much longer to the ref when they are laying on the ruck.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
NRL to investigate an Eels’ pass that could have set up a grand stand finish against Bulldogs

The NRL will investigate Eels winger Maika Sivo’s final play in Sunday’s win over the Bulldogs, reports The Sydney Morning Herald.

The Eels led 18-16 and in the final seconds of the game, Sivo threw what looked to be a forward pass over the sideline, which should have seen the Bulldogs awarded a penalty and given them a chance to level up scores and take the game into golden point.

Sivo collected a Lachie Lewis kick and ran towards the sideline before he deliberately threw it out. Replays then showed the pass was forward.

Referee Chris Sutton spoke to sideline official Belinda Sharpe but both weren’t in position to make a confident call so Sutton blew the whistle to call full time.

“Hold on Waz... it was close that he threw the ball out and it nearly went forward. It would have been a deliberate forward pass,” Fox League commentator Michael Ennis said.

Wests Tigers utility and former Bulldog Josh Reynolds was penalised in 2014 for a similar offence when he threw a deliberate forward pass while running the clock down in the first half of a match against the Titans.

NRL head of football Graham Annesley will have more to unpack from Sunday’s match between the Bulldogs and Eels.

The Bulldogs looked to have scored their first try of the match when Marcelo Montoya crossed over in the corner only for an obstruction to be called. However, replays showed that Mitchell Moses had made a defensive decision and unfortunately for the Bulldogs they chose not to challenge the call.

Ennis believes it was a blunder on the referee’s behalf and Annesley will need to “ask questions” of him.

“There was a moment in the first half where I think Graham Annesley is going to have to ask questions of referee Chris Sutton,” he said.

The line-run on the edge from (Raymond) Faitala-Mariner and Mitchell Moses made a clear defensive decision to come in on Faitala-Mariner and Montoya scored in the corner. It would have taken the game to 6-4 or 6-all at that stage. Parramatta ended up going on with it in the back end of that half but that was a big moment.

“Kieran Foran was spoken to by Chris Sutton and said ‘do you want to challenge it?’ Foran didn’t do that so the onus was on the captain but at the same time, time and time again we see these checked particularly in try-scoring moments and it was a clear blunder. I expect that something will be said about it tomorrow (in Annesley’s weekly review).”
The NRL investigating the NRL....Much to my dismay I did not see the last minutes of the game and therefore were not privy to the incident . I had had more than enough of biased decisions in the game starting with our disallowed try, that for any other side would have been looked at by the bunker.

We need a real whinger in our side like Gutherson or Mitchell because every single time they complain and whinge to the referee the referee sits up and takes notice. The pathetic " You can challenge it" from Sutton should never been uttered, HE should have checked it just like every other official checks these plays each and every week.

Don't get me started on the ten either and the laying in the ruck, holding down and flipping players around in tackles from the Eels. Parra were perfect or just about so according to the referee in all departments.

Laughable the comments from Arthur after the game in relation to just how quiet and subdued the dressing room was for his team. Call me a cynic but it would not be about how poor they thought they played it would have been just how lucky they were with a lot of crucial decisions in the game. Funny how they seem to be getting these decisions week in and out ask Manly or Penrith about just how "lucky" some of those decisions were.

Then I have my memory jogged by a few other posters with the Reynolds incident a few years ago and his forward pass into the crowd. Same thing years later but a different player and jersey and a different result. I would have thought that a Sutton would know that rule about a deliberate forward pass or was he blinded by the fact that the player throwing it was not wearing Blue and White?

So all we will get is a sorry from Annesley, cold comfort as Parramatta got the two and no effort to fix the problem..

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep, the Fox commentators noticed, and called it for a professional foul. But what would we have done with the ball in three seconds?
Professional foul but a very unsportsmanlike like thing to do as well. Sivo has a lot of crap in his game from the way he carries on when he gets tackled to the way in which he lifts his legs into players when he runs.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mate that is rinse, cycle, repeat and has been that way under the control of the Sutton boys for a lot of years. All you ever get from any of them is that smarmy smart Alec smile as they blow another penalty in favour of the opposition whilst disregarding ones they should give us...

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Again.. I've said it time and time again.. we need a dummy half who throws his hands in the air and yells at the ref EVERY time the op is in a tackle for more than 2 seconds.

The ref will do Diddley squat if he thinks we don't care - as seen throughout this season.

Get the ref looking at what's going on when we are tackled... If the dh arms are up every second will seem so much longer to the ref when they are laying on the ruck.
True. I hate seeing other teams do that but if it helps us so be it

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mate that is rinse, cycle, repeat and has been that way under the control of the Sutton boys for a lot of years. All you ever get from any of them is that smarmy smart Alec smile as they blow another penalty in favour of the opposition whilst disregarding ones they should give us...
He looked very sheepish walking off too!
Did you come down for the game?
I was so sorry to hear about Sue. I didn’t realise she had gone downhill so much since I’d seen her. Very sad loss