Sir Col the Mushroom

Poppa

New Pup
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have some very sad news in relation to Sir Col the Mushroom from the one eyed eel site.
I have justed posted the following on the one eyed eel site and I am now coming to let you Bulldogs know he was very fond of you, he will be greatly missed by us all.

Adrianna Col's wife rang me with the news he passed peacefully this morning.
She asked me to hold back releasing this news until now so that all family members were aware.
Col's wife and daughters have done a unbelievable job in nursing him through this period and we should be very grateful that Sir Col left us in such a loving environment.
Adrianna is very grateful for all the support afforded and the wonderful friendship demonstrated once we knew the extent of Col's illness.
My understanding is there will be no funeral but there will be a memorial at which I will be attending in due course.
Thanks again everyone for your acts of kindness over the past few months.
I will be putting something more up in due course with a view to celebrating Sir Col the Mushroom, one of the truly great members of the One Eyed Eel Site and of course the famous Kennell where he made some great friends.

Thanks again and i will be in due course to provide any further details.

Poppa ( David)

PS I am not sure where I am posting this, hopefully I have a spot that it will get noticed..... call me on 0405 172137 to advise if I am on the right track.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this news. Sir Col was an intermittant poster in here and while I had a few chats with him I still feel like I barely knew him. But I always appreciated his sense of humor and his ability to share good natured banter.

Condolences to those who were close to him and his family.

RIP Sir Col.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have some very sad news in relation to Sir Col the Mushroom from the one eyed eel site.
I have justed posted the following on the one eyed eel site and I am now coming to let you Bulldogs know he was very fond of you, he will be greatly missed by us all.

Adrianna Col's wife rang me with the news he passed peacefully this morning.
She asked me to hold back releasing this news until now so that all family members were aware.
Col's wife and daughters have done a unbelievable job in nursing him through this period and we should be very grateful that Sir Col left us in such a loving environment.
Adrianna is very grateful for all the support afforded and the wonderful friendship demonstrated once we knew the extent of Col's illness.
My understanding is there will be no funeral but there will be a memorial at which I will be attending in due course.
Thanks again everyone for your acts of kindness over the past few months.
I will be putting something more up in due course with a view to celebrating Sir Col the Mushroom, one of the truly great members of the One Eyed Eel Site and of course the famous Kennell where he made some great friends.

Thanks again and i will be in due course to provide any further details.

Poppa ( David)

PS I am not sure where I am posting this, hopefully I have a spot that it will get noticed..... call me on 0405 172137 to advise if I am on the right track.
Thank you for your posts David, I am one of many on this forum who appreciated Col's wit and presence.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Rest in peace Sir Col.

Appreciate the update David.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Thank you for thinking of us Dogs supporters to let us know Poppa.

The high regard for Col, a Parra fan, highlights the recognition of good people and friendly, often controversial banter, does not have to divide. We always find common ground.

Col gave as good as he got but was always respected for his opinions.

We thank him for getting back into the fray recently and sharing that time with a catch up on The Kennel.

RIP to a dedicated league supporter and friend to many.

Love to his friends and family.

Poppa

New Pup
Reaction score
Thank you everybody, You may also remember Drop Bear from this site who again was a IEE man but did find you guys more civilised than some of us. LOL..... I was saying to another friend that Sir Col and Drop Bear would be sitting back having a good old laugh in their pain free world.
Thank you again for your warm thoughts!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Thank you everybody, You may also remember Drop Bear from this site who again was a IEE man but did find you guys more civilised than some of us. LOL..... I was saying to another friend that Sir Col and Drop Bear would be sitting back having a good old laugh in their pain free world.
Thank you again for your warm thoughts!
Such is the regard for Drop Bear, one of ours... @dogluva, has this as a profile pic. You may have seen it before but it's good to see.
Please send on our best regards and sympathies to all concerned.
4761.jpg

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I didn't know him personally, however this is sad news nonetheless. I'm glad he entered eternal life peacefully.

R.I.P. @Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Rest in Peace @Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Sad news indeed, I always like when an opposition fan enjoys stopping by here. He will be missed.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So sorry to hear, David.

We all considered Sir Col to be a brother from another club. He will be missed.

Our condolences go out to you and the family.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS @Poppa just so you crazy Eels fans know, I coach Wenty U9s (Parra district) and I have called this year's best and fairest award the Peter and Colin Trophy.

I asked him on the phone for permission and he suggested I call it the "2 dickheads trophy" lol