Sir Col the Mushroom

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Very sad news. Rest in peace Sir Col

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My heart weeps at the news that once again that insidious disease cancer has taken from us a much loved member of the Kennel.

Thankfully I was privileged to be able to talk to him and share a wonderful conversation with a truly beautiful human being. Much like his mate Drop Bear ,Col had a fantastic spin on life and never, never complained about the cards dealt to him. His philosophy was one of... it is what it is and I am sure that he fought hard to the end.

I send my condolences to his family in this very sad time and he will be sorely missed.

To those that had the pleasure of chatting with the man, hold dear those memories shared with him.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thank you everybody, You may also remember Drop Bear from this site who again was a IEE man but did find you guys more civilised than some of us. LOL..... I was saying to another friend that Sir Col and Drop Bear would be sitting back having a good old laugh in their pain free world.
Thank you again for your warm thoughts!
Hi Poppa.

Thank you very much Poppa for keeping us in the loop with news of Col. Such a sad day, but he gave us much joy with his posts here on the kennel.

Supporting footy teams can de very divisive but with those two, well it was a real pleasure to be able to spar with them. Great men the both of them and yes, I can see the two of them now discussing just exactly how they can let us know that Parra has it all over our team.

Return match is on June 20 at Bankwest and as I said to Col we will smash you!!!!!!!:smiley:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Very sad to R.I.P. Sir Col.. condolences to his family and loved ones..
Good morning. We have lost another good person.
So many people here have been affected by this news and as a family we all need to stay close and make sure that all is okay. I know several who will take a while to process all that has happened and even though it was expected it is never easier.

As I have not been posting as much of late and a bit behind the news regarding others just how are you travelling Mr 95%?

AND on a lighter note if you say by chair I shall throttle you.......:neutral:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Good morning. We have lost another good person.
So many people here have been affected by this news and as a family we all need to stay close and make sure that all is okay. I know several who will take a while to process all that has happened and even though it was expected it is never easier.

As I have not been posting as much of late and a bit behind the news regarding others just how are you travelling Mr 95%?

AND on a lighter note if you say by chair I shall throttle you.......:neutral:
Hi DL.. Yes very sad about Col..very nice guy.. lol travelling in a chair.. Yeah I’m not too bad.. How are you?

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hi DL.. Yes very sad about Col..very nice guy.. lol travelling in a chair.. Yeah I’m not too bad.. How are you?
Must say I am really well. Good that you are doing okay.

Lot of people here affected by the news of Col. As much as i am not a fan of the Eels I was very much a fan of both the fellas Col and Pete who we were lucky enough to have here as posters.

Lol, I told Col that on several occasions that we should not hold it against those who support teams other than the Dogs. He laughed that off..

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks David.

Rest in Peace Sir Col.

The Palliative care period can be heart wrenching for loved ones. I hope his end was pain free and peaceful.
True, but at least they all get a chance at a not so rushed goodbye.
RIP.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I am sure that Sir Col will be watching this weekends game with interest. So will I ......

If you are able to Col, please ensure that the Eels win this weekend as I am in the last man standing potion of our tipping comp with just a few others and I have them as my tip.
I reckon they will be okay and as the Knights are missing quite a few and DO NOT have Ben Cummins as their referee at Mcdonald Jones things look pretty good....