Sio Siua Taukeiaho Signed

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That screams to me now Pangai was on 850k or 900k+ with us then he retired and now it’s 700k
Typical UNBIAS HONEST reporting from our beloved media.
While playing with us a player is been paid $1M, when that player goes he was on $1/2 M.
With the rotters a player is been paid 1/2M while he is playing but when he leaves he was on a $1M.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not exactly evidence but along with what posters here and Michael Carayannis have said, I noticed that SST is listed as released on Sky News super league news site. So it looks like they’re just working out the details before they can confirm it.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That screams to me now Pangai was on 850k or 900k+ with us then he retired and now it’s 700k
It was always reported 750k with us and Bronco chipping in the rest.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s not exactly evidence but along with what posters here and Michael Carayannis have said, I noticed that SST is listed as released on Sky News super league news site. So it looks like they’re just working out the details before they can confirm it.
Not first choice obviously, but at this point he is about the best we can hope for.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
From what I can tell SST has signed a contract with us, it just can’t be ratified with the NRL until Catalans give written clearance. The problem is they want us to pay a transfer fee, but we don’t believe it is applicable as he requested and they gave him a release from his contract before we even spoke to him. I doubt it will get to court, not a good idea in France, so I suspect that there will be a compromise.

Always a Bulldog

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't mind signing Taukeiaho but the salary mentioned is a worry as are his injuries/age/mileage.. But there's no way on earth we should be giving them any compensation to get him. Unless we can dump an unwanted player like RFM in the process..

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is my query also. The ESL is on par with NSW Cup level.
When you have Aussie’s that cannot make First Grade over here, year on year winning their man of steel award. Anyone coming from ESL has to have a huge question on them from a quality point of view.
I totally agree, and I was having this exact same conversation with a mate of mine at work the other day.

We kinda have the English comp somewhere in between nsw cup and nrl, possibly closer to NRL.
I think it's a huge difference in quality from nrl to nsw cup.

So yeah, I struggle to see how a player in their twilight years struggling to make a fist of it in England, how can they come back to Australia and expect to do anything of note in the NRL.

Only the absolute best of the best from English comp can make a fist of nrl
And even then, many get found out.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't mind signing Taukeiaho but the salary mentioned is a worry as are his injuries/age/mileage.. But there's no way on earth we should be giving them any compensation to get him. Unless we can dump an unwanted player like RFM in the process..
I really hope I'm proven wrong
But seriously, looks like a huge risk to me.

At his age, surely he just using us for a ticket back to Australia and a top up on his duper fund.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Currently in the process of bending over to pay a hefty transfer fee. For a broken taukieaho. Cant make this shit up
A hefty transfer fee, figures numb skull. You are reading the papers and coming on here and stating as fact. The papers are wrong with every players contract. SST apparently signed for 500k than reported for 350k. Move the dart board closer next time you may hit the target .

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Particularly when he admitted he was done with the NRL some months / year or so back. Body was no longer up to it. So what has changed in the meantime……$$$?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Particularly when he admitted he was done with the NRL some months / year or so back. Body was no longer up to it. So what has changed in the meantime……$$$?
Yeah, it's an uncomfortable signing.
Just goes to show how desperate we are for forwards and how much of the bottom of the barrel we need to scrape just to create a forward pack.

I never thought I'd see the day when the dogs of war couldn't field a top line forward pack

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really hope I'm proven wrong
But seriously, looks like a huge risk to me.

At his age, surely he just using us for a ticket back to Australia and a top up on his duper fund.
Definitely some risk, definitely some risk to not having enough props too