Sio Siua Taukeiaho Signed

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree. If signed & fit he should give us some assistance in the middle of the field but he likely was signed more for experience. There are a couple young props coming through the academy that would benefit from having an old head or 2 around the place.
Based on what he has said, he thinks he has 2-3 good years left. Having his experience to mentor some of the younger pups for a couple of years can't hurt.

Paul Doolans mirror

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am shocked at the poor standard of the esl grand final. I think Gus will have better success buying the best up-and - coming props from jersey flegg/nsw cup than the Esl..I also think we dodged a bullet by not signing Tyrone May from Catalans.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I am shocked at the poor standard of the esl grand final. I think Gus will have better success buying the best up-and - coming props from jersey flegg/nsw cup than the Esl..I also think we dodged a bullet by not signing Tyrone May from Catalans.
Let's just take what we can get for now. There are positives to getting an experienced player.
Our forwards suck! We don't really have any dawgs :upset:
Nobody decent available for now...

We will get there when 04dickhead runs the club:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder if there is another Englishman on their way here
Yes SST but I can also see someone like Matty Lees being signed or even Mcgeeken
Gus would have assumed at Helen’s would be in the gf
Also I wish we could convince Tonkins to do a year with us he could turn us round

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder if there is another Englishman on their way here
Yes SST but I can also see someone like Matty Lees being signed or even Mcgeeken
Gus would have assumed at Helen’s would be in the gf
Also I wish we could convince Tonkins to do a year with us he could turn us round
Are you English @Nasheed? You’re always pushing for pommy players lol Tomkins played with the Warriors when he was at his peak and was a complete failure. Offered less than Perham at FB.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whilst I hate crawley, it's hard to disagree. We would be paying overs, but that's the nature of the player market, when you're a struggling team
100%!!
If you are shit, you pay overs.
We have been shit for years…
Crawley must be a genius!!

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How did he go in the finals games?

I only saw some stats which didn't seem bad, but have know idea if he started or came off the bench.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I only saw some stats which didn't seem bad, but have know idea if he started or came off the bench.
Started according to the team list I saw

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

Made a few hard tackles. Firmed up the middle.
Didn't disappoint.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you English @Nasheed? You’re always pushing for pommy players lol Tomkins played with the Warriors when he was at his peak and was a complete failure. Offered less than Perham at FB.
Not english. Leb.
But you can’t blame Tonkins for what happened to him at the warriors.
It was the way they used him. He didn’t ever get space.
He actually played well. Check out his highlight reel at the warriors. They just didn’t get value for money, he was on 700 large when the cap was less than half the size so would be like a 1.2 million player now.
If he came to us and we used him right he will be the murri boomerang for us like he is if coached properly.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not english. Leb.
But you can’t blame Tonkins for what happened to him at the warriors.
It was the way they used him. He didn’t ever get space.
He actually played well. Check out his highlight reel at the warriors. They just didn’t get value for money, he was on 700 large when the cap was less than half the size so would be like a 1.2 million player now.
If he came to us and we used him right he will be the murri boomerang for us like he is if coached properly.
K bro

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely moe we are expecting some signings announcements ! Preseason starts in 2-3 weeks.

we need 2 more props

Achilles

Back to Belmore
Reaction score
Surely moe we are expecting some signings announcements ! Preseason starts in 2-3 weeks.

we need 2 more props
Gus is taking his time on announcing these new signings. Hopefully some good surprises when the day finally comes.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
:tearsofjoy: sarcasm & disrespect just dripping from that reply Dawg.... how can 4 little letters convey so much feeling??
:hearteyes: R-E-S-P-E-C-T to you!!
What u on about? Homie just either backed out of the debate nicely or simply agreed with my points.
Not whatever it is u are saying.

If you are giving out respect why are you not paying homage to the king himself? Aka me.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus is taking his time on announcing these new signings. Hopefully some good surprises when the day finally comes.
The big signing is....
Drum roll.....
Harrison Edwards.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The big signing is....
Drum roll.....
Harrison Edwards.
As expected tbh. I don’t think it will be marquee players. The reported 8-9 signings will be extensions and the rumoured players we have been linked. Definitely hoping for someone unexpected.

Rumoured signings:
Mann
Hutchinson
Turpin
SST
Faamausili
Edwards (extension)
Hughes (extension)

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
As expected tbh. I don’t think it will be marquee players. The reported 8-9 signings will be extensions and the rumoured players we have been linked. Definitely hoping for someone unexpected.

Rumoured signings:
Mann
Hutchinson
Turpin
SST
Faamausili
Edwards (extension)
Hughes (extension)
Yes, there is rumour of one surprise.
The obvious candidate is Saifiti
But the delay is making me think he was waiting till after the ESL GF.

Now the low hanging answer is that is respect to SST, but critical thinking tells me that was wrapped up in August supposedly so no need to wait so long, so there must be someone else and that player must be from a team expected to make the GF and signed in September.
So a player from Saints, Catalans or Wigan.
That leads me to think Matty lees perhaps. The shortage is up front.
Maybe Tom Amone but that doesnt quite fit.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I thought SST looked pretty decent in the semifinal and the final. I realize ESL is way short of NRL standard, but the kind of stuff he does - takes the ball up strongly, tackles well, occasionally gets an offload away - would transfer well to the higher level. Plus he has played several good seasons of NRL and he isn't old enough to be looking to top up his pension.

I wouldn't mind seeing Bevan French in a Dogs jumper. He is the best player in Super League and daylight is second. Patrick Mago looked decent also, but he has played in the NRL before without making much of a mark.