Sio Siua Taukeiaho Signed

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Jesus Marly you need to relax mate, why stress out about shit that may or may not happen? At worst it’s a two year deal we can squeeze some juice out of, at best he comes back and kills it and we got him cheap.
He straight up said he was physically done in the NRL, went to superleague where he went on to barely play a game because he was injured all the time yet now he's going to return to the NRL @ 32 and not only find his fitness but also perform? The icing on the cake of all this is that he's another wannabe boxer and wants to kick start his boxing career? We don't need any more of this shit.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He straight up said he was physically done in the NRL, went to superleague where he went on to barely play a game because he was injured all the time yet now he's going to return to the NRL @ 32 and not only find his fitness but also perform? The icing on the cake of all this is that he's another wannabe boxer and wants to kick start his boxing career? We don't need any more of this shit.
Not going to argue with you, I’ll just wait and see what happens.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not going to argue with you, I’ll just wait and see what happens.
Sometimes I wonder if some members are more concerned with being right about something than a positive result in the end for the club.

Totally understand the questioning about decisions, which are not easy when you are trying to recruit in this market with lack of players available and without blowing the cap, but the determination to be proven right is interesting.

At some point we are going to have to take some risks unfortunately.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if some members are more concerned with being right about something than a positive result in the end for the club.

Totally understand the questioning about decisions, which are not easy when you are trying to recruit in this market with lack of players available and without blowing the cap, but the determination to be proven right is interesting.

Yeah, I really don’t understand the point of canning a signing before the player has pulled on a boot for us and not knowing any of the facts around Why, How much, etc he was contracted for.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah, I really don’t understand the point of canning a signing before the player has pulled on a boot for us and not knowing any of the facts around Why, How much, etc he was contracted for.
Yep, like I said, I totally get the questioning and concerns about the recent signings, and in the past 8 years or so when more players have been available on the market we have made some terrible decisions as a club, but at the moment it’s slim pickings unless you risk blowing the bank and paying big overs out of desperation.

The Sexton signing is a classic example of a calculated risk that at this point in time looks to be paying off. Some will work and some might not, but if anyone thinks there will be no calculated risks taken in this market they are kidding themselves.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are you that stupid that you dont think they know about his medical situation before signing? I mean he hasnt even signed yet

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Are you that stupid that you dont think they know about his medical situation before signing? I mean he hasnt even signed yet
Exactly, this and his comments on podcast etc I’m sure will be discussed with him and would also be taken into consideration for his value.

You would assume if signed he will have presented a convincing argument to suggest his mindset is different now and the medicals are showing he has had time this year to recover (only playing 6 games).

A risk? Absolutely. How much? Time will tell ( assuming we even sign him lol )

Let’s hope it’s the Catalan Dragons that get the rough end of the Pineapple this time.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I wonder how many on here are worried about this but don't want to admit it so others don't rip into them like they do to you...

All jokes aside, I didn't mind him as a cheap signing until I heard this shit straight from his own mouth.

I reckon he will be as bad as Sutton and Thommo combined. Doesn't mean I'll death ride him, but he basically is telling us he is a washed up dud.

BUT

If he can help with his experience with the young guys and is on only 250k that apparently is on, then MAYBE it's not that bad after all.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
eye opening

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People are reading way too much into those comments on a podcast.. He was talking about hammy and calf injuries, not that he's resigned to a wheelchair and will never be able to walk again..

He is banged up and older, I'm not saying there's not risk involved with signing him. But he's a quality player and was still producing at a high level last year. Hopefully he can manage the niggling injuries throughout the season..

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People are reading way too much into those comments on a podcast.. He was talking about hammy and calf injuries, not that he's resigned to a wheelchair and will never be able to walk again..

He is banged up and older, I'm not saying there's not risk involved with signing him. But he's a quality player and was still producing at a high level last year. Hopefully he can manage the niggling injuries throughout the season..
Yep some risk for sure but glass half full here too, hopefully has a good lead in pre-season and an injury free 2024.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

There is nothing wrong with questioning this decision,

Warm Regards

Berries

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

It’s like they r scared of being wounded…deep scars here. Go to Oprah but support the club.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me it depends on how much he's fallen from his 2022 form at Rooster. I think besides his 2021 form at Rooster he's always been a quality+ prop (depending on the year). Thompson was a garbage player which was more of an issue than his injury record here (why I defended someone like Foran and not Thompson).
He's got no form in 2023 because he hasn't been on the field. Things will be no different if he comes here

Bulldogdoove

Waterboy
Reaction score
Exactly, this and his comments on podcast etc I’m sure will be discussed with him and would also be taken into consideration for his value.

You would assume if signed he will have presented a convincing argument to suggest his mindset is different now and the medicals are showing he has had time this year to recover (only playing 6 games).

A risk? Absolutely. How much? Time will tell ( assuming we even sign him lol )

Let’s hope it’s the Catalan Dragons that get the rough end of the Pineapple this time.
I have heard this saying many times and have always wondered ….. is there a good end of the pineapple to get? Preferable maybe, but both ends would be pretty bloody rough