Singing Anthum International Games.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Honestly, following the big up yours the nation gave to Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander people over the weekend, I wouldn't be averse to seeing players giving cameras the bird during the anthem.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Honestly, following the big up yours the nation gave to Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander people over the weekend, I wouldn't be averse to seeing players giving cameras the bird during the anthem.
I'm sorry, I couldn't have been paying close enough attention. I didn't see a big up yours given to Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander people. I saw a big (and well deserved) up yours given to the aboriginal aristocracy and their enablers, who have been driving the narrative from the beginning.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I couldn't have been paying close enough attention. I didn't see a big up yours given to Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander people. I saw a big (and well deserved) up yours given to the aboriginal aristocracy and their enablers, who have been driving the narrative from the beginning.
Yeah well, you see what you want to see. You even see apartheid where it doesn't exist. Stats on how most Indigenous people actually voted contradict your viewpoint.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
For me New Zealand have the best Anthem I don’t actually pretend to know any of the words but it’s powerful that kids know and have been taught to sing the Māori verse.

Agree, NZ anthem is the best, it gives me goose bumps for some reason.

Why cant we have Australian national anthem with aboriginal words to show them more respect and maybe all players will sing it then.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The Australian anthem and we are Australian is high uninspiring.
Neither have visions of conquest or fighting or dominance to get passion flowing. It’s all hippie shit.
Compare to a real anthem:
View attachment 87009
Land of the thieves and the home of the slaves.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Just don't ever take a knee during the anlthem.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I dumped this thread on the kennel and didn't contribute, haha.

There are so many sides to this topic.
And all valid arguments.

I'm not going to sit on the fence though.
I have an opinion on this one.

I'm going to start by saying how jealous I am of other nations.
How proud other nations are to represent that nation.

How disappointing it is to see that same passion doesn't appear to be there when representing Australia.
Seems more about a pay check.
I love this country and this country provides so much to its citizens.
There is a lot to be proud of, yet very few seem to be proud of this great country.

That being said
As much as I'd love to see each and every player representing Australia singing our anthem and showing how proud they are to represent, I also understand some players just don't sing out loud.
I wouldn't sing it out loud either.
I never do.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Patriotic and Aussie do not go together in the same sentence

lol the same ones getting offended are the same ones that keep playing their machines during theminute silence at 11am