Should we sign Naden ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either one would be an upgrade... obvious which one i want
There's an article today that Staggs is going to re-sign with the Broncos. Gagai is a bit old at 31. Barrett seems to want young guys who will be with us for many years to come and I agree. Naden is a must have in my opinion.

We can't be certain that Schoupp and Alamoti will make the grade or will make it next year by when we will need another "quality" centre. We can't afford to have Hopa around again next year. Naden brings a bit of X Factor. Hopa brings shit factor. Tigers already have 2 name centres. It's ridiculous if we let them sign Naden too ahead of us. We have 1 decent centre IF you consider Cotric a centre that is,.

We definitely need another quality centre and yes Naden did something bad just before the Grand Final but he didn't hurt anyone else and it certainly wasn't as scummy as what Elliott did. If we can accept Elliott in the blue and white then surely we can accept Naden

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Always appreciate your honest information
Cheers mate
No worries!

PS Burts used to be the guys roommate and still friends with him, he won't back out from our deal and doesn't mind the struggles we have this year.

True gentleman and a man of his word.

PPS the guy asked my son if he wanted to face time Cleary, and he replied "only if he joins us" lol

I've taught him well, God love him.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
UPDATE

More info from Nadens long time friend and dogs sponsor...

If Staggs rejects our offer, Naden will be signed.

PS Brisbane offered Staggs 750k
Do you know what our offer is? or just that we have an offer on the table. The Broncos already up to 750k is pretty worrying.

I'd actually be pretty happy with Naden.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Do you know what our offer is? or just that we have an offer on the table. The Broncos already up to 750k is pretty worrying.

I'd actually be pretty happy with Naden.
He didn't mention any figures, but is 90% sure Naden is coming. So logically we offered less than 750k.

He reckons we will know within 2 weeks.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We could've had Naden this season lol, what made the club change their mind? Desperation? :tearsofjoy:

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need forwards forget about backs unless superstar status we need forwards without forwards we are going no where for a very long time

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We need forwards forget about backs unless superstar status we need forwards without forwards we are going no where for a very long time
Hopefully the game speeds up that much that backrowers will be the new forwards because we seem to never be short in the backrow

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thanks @ASSASSIN.

I'm a bit worried by the club chasing Staggs at that price when we need props and a hooker more than anything. Hopefully we miss out on him.

Signing Naden would be a worry too based on his history and how bad a defender he is. He better cost nothing because of all of that. If so, I can live with it if he can keep his head screwed on as he is dangerous in attack.

Again.. If Baz was going to bring Burton, Hetherington and Naden, why didn't he chase Laurie instead of Allan??? Big mistake by Baz there.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We don't need Naden for fcuk sake
I think after a hooker and prop, centre and second row are positions we can strengthen. Naden will be cheap as. We won't have to rush in Schoupp or Alamoti either.