Should we offer Tedesco 1.25M ?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hasn’t anyone learnt paying crazy money for anyone wont lead to our clubs survival,most likely paying players excess amounts just causes instability ,they should play for free pride of the jersey like they did In the 80’s.
Problem is the 80's was 40 years ago............That type of attitude gets you spoons these days.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hasn’t anyone learnt paying crazy money for anyone wont lead to our clubs survival,most likely paying players excess amounts just causes instability ,they should play for free pride of the jersey like they did In the 80’s.
Yeah the quality of players that are going to agree to that are really going to turn the club around.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Id rather jake at 1 and get burton/flanno and either grant or b smith
I'd be going with one of Grant/B. Smith and one of Burton (preferably)/Flanagan. If we have money left then I'm all for JAC at fullback. If we were to sign Burton, JAC (Tedesco isn't happening) and Flanagan there wouldn't be a position for Averillo. I wouldn't really complain much if we did sign all of them just I'd prefer us to use our most promising young player in Averillo, if not next year the year after.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No. Id rather Papenhuyzen for less if we were trying to steel players.
Still probably more signings to be announced anyways. Wonder which position Av will be playing next year.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn’t we offer him 1.1 before he went to roosters but he took less money to play finals football ?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A couple of garlic chicken kebabs ontop of roosters offer should seal the deal for a powerhouse club like us..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Didn’t we offer him 1.1 before he went to roosters but he took less money to play finals football ?
We would of been expected/predicted to be in or around the eight in 2018. With Tedesco we would of made the eight easy (that's what the club would of tried to sell anyways). I guess it was more guaranteed at the Roosters so you'd probably be right. An extra 100k (when we're already at 1m) is whatever.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He would want to get paid more if he was to be elsewhere.....isn't that what the Roosters are paying him???? Oh you mean what they are paying him officially "under the cap"????;););););)

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Absolutely it should be offered. And the offer should be made known to the NRL so they can cross check how much he reportedly gets paid by the Chooks. If all it does is cause the chooks to start upping their offers a bit more that is fine, it means sooner or later there will be a player we need who they can't hang onto.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
have you seen him play fullback before in the lower grades?
I don't know why a lot of people seem to think Avaliro is our rockstar full back. Has he ever played fullback. watchef a lot of lower grades never seen hom play fullback always in the halves. Teally only has played a couple of hames in the top grade and looked out of his depth
what am I not seeing........???

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry about spelling. Ive got fat fingers....
I don't know why a lot of people seem to think Avaliro is our rockstar full back. Has he ever played fullback. watchef a lot of lower grades never seen hom play fullback always in the halves. Teally only has played a couple of hames in the top grade and looked out of his depth

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We would of been expected/predicted to be in or around the eight in 2018. With Tedesco we would of made the eight easy (that's what the club would of tried to sell anyways). I guess it was more guaranteed at the Roosters so you'd probably be right. An extra 100k (when we're already at 1m) is whatever.
Uncle nicks perks kick in at the end of the day he has won 2 premiership and is the best player in the comp he gonna chase the money now will be his last contract ,and has that Moses as a agent enough said

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All of that is true but some people see Flanagan and maybe Burton coming and think Averillo needs to be in the team somewhere so fullback makes sense as he wasn't suited to centre.

Factor in his body type, athleticism, ball playing and speed and theoretically he could make a good fullback.

Obviously making the transition to fullback isn't easy and it might not be a transition Averillo makes but there is also a lot of upside to him playing fullback if he handled it well.