Should we be worried about Barrett?

Renegade

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He is supposed to be the best attacking coach out there but we are the worst attacking team WTF?

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trent is a good looking bloke who says all the right things.....probably had no problems getting laid.....but jury is well and truly out about Trent as an NRL head coach.
if it was a boxing match, Barrett is behind on points and best pull something the f*+# out or his days are numbered

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm worried that the excuse of not having the right cattle might mask his incompetence as a coach.

I've never seen a bulldogs team play like they have no idea what the game plan is. Even the 08 team looked much better..... There comes a time when Barrett needs to cop some of the blame for the performances the team is dishing out.

He either needs to motivate them or build a game plan around their skills.
No, not yet.
I'd be worried if we kept sacking coaches all the time.
He deserves a chance to build a team and coach in some structures .

We just need to cheer on our team
Things will turn around.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
would have expected with a little bit different roster to what dean pay had and slightly improved roster, that there would be some improvement in the onfield play and attitude,sadly barrett has not managed to improve anything
players on-field look lost, have nothing in attack, and little in defence, barrett has been given pretty much what he asked for in regards to assistants and staff
9 games in i believe we are worse off now than last season

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
All our recruiting so far is part of the bigger picture which obviously next year, however Flanagan is a mystery.

It still doesn't excuse the players doing stupid shit.

All we want is effort, and we can't even get that from certain players.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Needs time to select the cattle he wants to bring in not the guys he inherited. Same performances next year and I’ll change my tune.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No he made the tough call taking Lewis into the game that puts Flannigan on notice. Then hooking Flannigan shows he is not safe. Lewis in in hospital apparently as well as Allan. We ran out players. Hoppa sin bin. Is that trents fault? We have no other hooker. We have I believe 7 starters out. Admittedly of the 7 only in my opinion 5 could make a difference. We have players not interested or not up to it or combination of both. But we can’t make changes with players we don’t have. We got stick solid admittedly it’s difficult

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have 30 baby fur seals in our roster and the other clubs are clubbing them whilst they look up meekly. Not even a whimper from the fuckwits who disgraced our colors today except for Atoni.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Barrett has till rnd 7 next year.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everybody gushed about how Barrett built the Panthers into something.
Look at them now that he is gone. Does that say something?

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sacking Barrett will not fix anything. We simply don’t have the cattle. I am also concerned that this is masking a poor coach but we need to let this ride out this season. By this time next year the judgment will be in.

My number one concern with Barrett is the lack of change. He keeps picking players (his favourites) when they are simply not first grade standard.

Every week the same problems. Basic fundamentals that you don’t need to be a superstar player to fix.

I’m holding out hope that when round 11 rolls around we see a lot of development players get a run.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For mine Barrett has been FAR too soft on these wankers. He needs to tell them to put in on the field or you do extra training like a 20km run. It's the only way to motivate these useless @#$%s